Need Momo steering wheel "Boss" for F355? | FerrariChat

Need Momo steering wheel "Boss" for F355?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by carguy, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    A coworker/associate of mine is looking for what he calls a "boss" for a Momo steering wheel for a '96 F355 Berlinetta - he is in Japan currently. It is hard to understand his meaning....and I feel very stupid....but does he mean the trim piece that surrounds the steering column? If so, why would this be different than the stock one? Don't Ferraris already come with a Momo wheel? Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thank You.

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Ah...more commonly called a "steering wheel hub adapter" here.

4. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I have no idea if 1996 355s sold in Japan come with AIRBAG wheels or not, but the MOMO hub adapter will NOT fit the airbag hub without a 355 Challenge-type adaptor.

See:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707&highlight=steering

vty,

--Dennis

5. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Wow....Thanks Big Head....that is exactly the information I needed. I really appreciate it!

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    You're welcome. Glad to be of help. If your friend can't fabricate the adapter, let me know if he wants to buy one (see thread).

vty,

--Dennis

7. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I asked and it appears his car has the non-airbag steering wheel. That is good. I don't think he will have the resources to get one machined there. I would be interested in a quote for a Momo adaptor...if this is possible? You can email me privately if you wish. Thank You.