Houston folks on a drive video (1 Fcar, 5 Pcars) | FerrariChat

Houston folks on a drive video (1 Fcar, 5 Pcars)

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Scott_in_Houston, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    We did a video comparing exhausts.
    I figured you guys would be happy to know that if it were a competition, there would be no contest. The 360 sounds the best by far. (And this is admitted by a 996 Twin Turbo owner)

Here's the video if you're interested in seeing/hearing.
    It is kind of silly, but fun.

right click save as:
    http://www.snjvogan.com/vids/nuts.wmv

2. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
  3. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Nice Video ;). Next time to spice it up a bit you guys should maybe add some of that cliche techno music and possibly do some in car footage....

4. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    LOL... like this?

http://www.snjvogan.com/vids/nutsplus2.wmv

It took me literally 1 minute to add your request. haha

It's at the end. :)

I think it created some more humor. Thanks for the tip. hehe

5. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Nice, I like the techno.

6. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Interesting Video...Thumbs-Up!!

7. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    Glad you guys liked it. :)

We'll do another one in the near future I hope with some different twists.

8. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    The F sounds the best, HANDS DOWN. All the Porsche's sound flat while the F just "sings". Porsches do absolutely nothing for me, never have.

9. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Do your selves a favor and when you do this obscure your plates... Remember that guy who got busted after the fact in his F car in Paris....

10. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

I think doing 140mph flybys obscures your plates well enough! :D

11. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    you would think but...... No

12. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Number one, it was a "closed course". :)

Number 2, who said any of us were doing the driving?

13. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas

LOL. I had dealer plates. Plus, I wasn't driving. It was this guy I met... yeah. Some guy.

BTW, this isn't Paris... thank God.

Thanks for the tip though. :D

14. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    I agree. The Ferrari sounds much better. No comparison. Luckily, I don't buy cars based on their sound. :D

15. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    "...luckily I don't buy cars based on their sound" So,....? Porsche is better that Ferrari?

16. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Definately...not. I dont have a Porsche, never driven one, never liked one, never will own one, but I dont have any thing against them. There coming up, and fast. 477HP in the new GT2? Thats a lot of HP man.

17. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    [CAN OF WORMS]
    Well, I wasn't even going there, but IMO yes. My TT will run circles around the Fcars except for the F50 and I can drive it more than 3,000 miles per year. Go figure. hehe
    [/CAN OF WORMS]

I didn't buy it because I thought it was worse. If I wanted a Ferrari, I would have bought one, but I didn't, so obviously it's my opinion. I voted with my wallet.
    I'm guessing your question was just to start a flame war, but I'm answering anyway.
    To prevent flame wars, I like Fcars, and I'm here because I have friends on here and I may buy one some day. These are just my opinions.

18. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Lets start a war. Nothing else to do. Here we go, you ready, **** PORSCHES!!....That'll get em talking.

19. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas

LOL :D

You gotta do slightly better I think. hehe

Actually, you could say, "Porsches suck my left nut." and it wouldn't bother me at all. :)

20. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    It wont work. Because I love Porsches myself. I want a GT2 but I cant get spend anymore money at the time.

21. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Being a current Porsche owner(986S) and a former Ferrari owner(355B), I would have to say, yes you can compare data of the two, but in regards to driving experience, they are totally different. I think Porsches are great cars, I have owned three and put almost 100k miles on the lot of them, but they do not compare to the experience of the 355. If all I cared about was speed, I would go buy a Z06 and a bottle of nitrous. I would still have enough money to buy a glove box of gold chains and rent a call girl for a month.
    I certainly do not think that one car is better than the other. You can definitely put more than 3k miles on a Ferrari in one year, hell I put more miles than that on one road trip. Comparing the cars is like comparing Italian women to German woman, and I would take the dark haired lady anyday over the beer stein hauling women of Germany. There are just as many Boxster "garage queens" as there are Ferrari garage queens, either way it is just plain wrong.
    I would bet that the wives are not out there extolling the virtues of their minivan over their friends station wagon, so why doesn't everybody just whip out their junk and we can see who has the better car.

Love,
    Paul