Who should I use to ship my 360? | FerrariChat

Who should I use to ship my 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Gary(SF), Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I need to ship a new 360 from Ferrari of San Francisco to Grants Pass, OR. Anyone have any recommendations for trucking companies? They must be CCI. I would like the car to be on the road by next Tue or Wed. TIA for any help!

Gary

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    NO BRAINER HERE...

INTERCITY LINES IN MASS.....ASK FOR BOB SELLARS., MANAGER ..PROFESSIONAL, GREAT PRICE, AND GREAT PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH

SEE IF YOU CAN GET RANDY KRAMER THE DRIVER...HES THE BEST

GOOD LUCK,
    BRUCE

3. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i've used a company called blue nile auto transport (owned and operated by lee gardner). sean harris at steve harris imports put me in touch with him. i've used him twice and he is great. honest and reliable. i give him my highest recommendation. his cell phone is 503-351-7170.

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Might make sense to perform a search since there is a lot of information written about this. I'm researching the same topic, and came across four main companies used by F-Chatters here:

(1) Intercity Lines (referenced by Bruce above)
    (2) Horseless Carriage (official Ferrari NA transporters)
    (3) Passport Transport (high-end transport division of FedEx)
    (4) Gold Rush Motorsports

There are certainly others, but these names seemed to pop up the most frequently.

Regards.

5. flashman

flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    I have used Passport to ship my cars from San Francisco,CA to Scottsdale,AZ over the past 10 years, and have never had a problem. They arrive as clean and in the absolute same condition as when they leave. They are great people to deal with.

6. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Passport Transport out of St Louis, MO moved my last Fcar.
    Exotic Auto Transport of Fort L, FL transfered my Diablo Roadster.
    Both companies have hydraulic lift enclosed trailers and I was pleased with their performances.

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The original founders/owners of Passport Transport are immediate family members of mine. Obviously, I recommend them highly.

8. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I've had good experience with both Autobahn and Horseless Carraige

9. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    I used Intercity for enclosed transport from Dallas to Boston. The car was perfect, early, and the company kept in touch so I knew where the truck was at any given time. I could call them and they would tell me.

I would use them again without question.

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Also, it pays to shop. I had asked for a quote, and the low-to-high difference between these four was 50%.

11. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HORSELESS CARRIAGE IN NJ...FORGET IT

NASTY PEOPLE, HIGH QUOTES, AND NEVER RETURNED MY CALLS/ EMAILS.....INTERCITY IS THE WAY TO GO....

BRUCE

12. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I used Rock at http://bigskyexpress.com (web site) to transport my 360 from Fort Lauderdale to Indianapolis (Feb 2002). He was $200 less, uses no depots for trailer switch (single load on/off his trailer), called me with progress reports throughout the trip. Shelton Ferrari was also impressed with his methods expecially his anchoring techniques and single floor trailer. After my drop he was heading to pick-up one of Nicholas Cage's cars bound for the west coast. He has hauled for Jay Leno and others.

13. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    You don't have a phone number for them do you? Their website has no phone and the email I sent was bounced back because the mailbox was full.

Gary

14. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I use Intercity for my show cars. They are wonderful to work with, arrive on time and deliver as promised on schedule. Price from Phoenix to the west coast is approx $450. Worth it to me when I'm transporting irreplaceable cars

15. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i had used passport in the past and have been very happy.

16. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Fred Kohler at Concors Transport. Based in this neck of the woods, he handles a lot of business out of Pebble each year so you get an idea of the kind of folks that trust him. Best of all, he was significantly less expensive than the other folks I talked too when I shipped down and back last year despite all of the little extras I needed like out of time pickups etc. I highly recommend them. (702) 361-1928 or (253) 973-3987

- JMG

17. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Um, Gary, I'll drive it up for you at no charge. I'll even pay for gas! ;-} Tim

18. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

bruce is correct...just use intercity. they are the top dogs. i know this as i have used many others so i do have basis for my claim. bob sellars is so helpful and understands that we are insane and tough to deal with as these cars are our babies! guess what? they will even tell you when they will pick up and deliver!!! pretty novel in the shipping bus.

best, pcb

19. richanton

richanton Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    DEFINITELY call Brian at Straightup Transport. I used him to ship my Lotus to the new owner in Kansas and he was great. He is an owner operator and takes great pride in what he does. Much better than using the big companies who send some guy who is just a paid driver. All his equipment was brand new and he even took the time to show me how it all worked and let me watch him load the car. He was a nice guy and was MUCH less expensive than anyone else because we cut out the middleman (shipping broker). Nobody else's price even came close. I know he specializes in the Northwest.

His number is 256 453 1782. Tell him Rich with the Black Lotus told you to call him. He will know exactly who you are talking about.

I have no affiliation to this company. I just thought the service was good and wanted to pass it on. I would recommend him to anyone who is shipping an exotic.

20. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Hi Gary

When I purchased my 2 Ferraris from Shawn Harris in SLC........They used a gentleman out of Portland by the name of Lee Gardner...Apparently he does all their shipping for them. He did a great job for me at a reasonable cost.
    He ships only in enclosed carriers and only sports cars. I wanted him to deliver my G55 from Omaha to Seattle, but no cigar.

Anyways give him a ring at 503-351-7170

21. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I've had great luck with Intercity in the past.

Ed

22. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Why are you shipping it???

DRIVE THE THING!!!!!!

The Gumballers drive across the country, you're only driving up a state or two.

Plane down.... Ferrari up.

Sorted

:D

23. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    I can tell you who not to use: Autobahn Transport out of Illinois.

Long list of nightmares.

24. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Hi Tim -

I know you're kidding, but for those who don't know, it's not legal to drive the car in CA if you're taking delivery in Oregon. That's why the transporter is necessary.

Gary

25. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Oregon= No Sales tax for those not in the know.