Cost of Replacing 355 Amber Lenses Up Front With Clear Ones | FerrariChat

Cost of Replacing 355 Amber Lenses Up Front With Clear Ones

Discussion in '348/355' started by ghost, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #1 ghost, Feb 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sorry guys, but something must be wrong with the way that I am searching. Tried a number of different key word combinations in the "Advanced Search" section, but still couldn't come up with what the cost would be to replaced a US 355's amber turn signals up front, with the clear lenses that the RoW cars have. Personally, I think the clear lenses are muy sexy, and tangibly alter the profile of the car.

If somebody could let me know price, and whether this is a DIY job or not (keeping in mind that I am completely mechanically challenged), it would be much appreciated.

Pic of the look I am aiming for:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    saw a set for sale on ebay about a week ago - I think it was around $250 for the set. The lenses are removed with one philips head machine bolt and the light sockets just unlock with a 1/4 turn - very easy.

3. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I was in Italy, visting the factory in Maranello. Wanted to buy a set of replacement lenses. Factory doesn't sell parts (no surprise), and the independent shop down the street didn't have any in stock. Was headed back to the autostrada, when came upon Ferrari Motor, the authorized dealer in Modena. Pulled over, and bought a set of clear (euro) lenses, in stock. Dollar was stronger at the time, and it was around $70 apiece, compared to >$200 per yellow lense in the states. Yowza! Quite happy. Carried the pair home in my carry-on....

Fax them at +39 (059) 281357 if you'd like a price quote. Their phone # is +39 (059) 280009.

vty,

--Dennis

4. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    saw a set for sale on ebay about a week ago - I think it was around $250 for the set. The lenses are removed with one philips head machine bolt and the light sockets just unlock with a 1/4 turn - very easy.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Thanks Dennis -- very helpful. Also appreciate the info rossofiorano355. Will check on eBay. I'm sure a couple of our Sponsors may carry it too.

Regards.

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    When I the read topic, I was going to say that it's all common seen on Hondas, Acuras, rice racers etc... I was going to rant about not making this change until I saw the photo. I like it. Gives the car a "Euro look" to it.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I have a set. The whole assembly for the pair was $250. It's great for a silver 355.

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #8 ghost, Feb 12, 2004
    Indeed. In fact, my understanding is that this was the original look that Ferrari had contemplated for the car, until US auto laws forced them to change the turn signals to amber. The Euro cars look so classy with them; that's why I said I think it really does change the visual aesthetics of the car to a degree.

Porsche faced a similar issue with the latest version of the 911 (the 996), when it first started importing them into the US -- quite frankly the yellow indicators looked poor on the car (in addition to the front turn lights, Porsche also had a yellow exterior for their rear turn signals). Porsche solved the problem by doing exactly what I am contemplating, and others have done: in MY2000, they switched to a clear lens with an amber light. Makes a world of difference IMHO.

Another pic for ya:

Regards.

9. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I put them on my 95 and looks much better than the amber. Took 5 minutes. I got them from Hieko in Germany. Great service and paid around $250.
    They were in the original Ferrari parts box

10. JDSF355GTS

JDSF355GTS Rookie

Jan 29, 2004
    I got mine from Heiko too. He has a link on the sponsors section of Fchat. They are genuine parts. Takes 5 minutes and is a huge improvement in looks.

11. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #11 ty (360mode), Feb 13, 2004
    what about the side markers? i thought it would look rice-a-roni but i love it, very clean look. thanks to MARKPDX for the photoshop.

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Looks great, but I don't think I've seen this done before. Has anybody had this done to their car?

13. 2COOOL

2COOOL Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    Ghost....do you know who owns the black GTS you posted in the thread?

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #15 ghost, Feb 14, 2004
    Thanks very much. I did manage to troll the sponsor info, and found this, but I appreciate you drawing my attention to it. Still trying to swallow the ~$350 price tag for what is essentially a couple of plastic lenses and bulbs, but I'm sure I'll ultimately go for it.

I don't. The car was advertised on eBay about a year ago. I wasn't in the market then, but it looked so stunning that I had to grab the pictures for my personal archive. Here's another one:

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Do they speak ok english? I cant fax but can call them, but dont want to waste both our times if it ends up being a what? excuse me? every 2 words.

16. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Ask for Cigarini Flavio, he speaks English. Why can't you fax them?

17. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I've seen Boxers with clear/white front turn signal lenses too.

18. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Because I broke it O:)