Any1 know how much shaq spent on his 64K sq ft house? | FerrariChat

Any1 know how much shaq spent on his 64K sq ft house?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ttforcefed, Feb 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    just curious...it was on mtv cribs

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    25mill not INCLUDING HIS SNEAKERS...

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wow, not bad considering....would have been twice as much up here around NYC

4. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ok, that house was simply AMAZING. I've been in a lot of big houses before but that one REALLY impressed me.

I normally don't watch that MTV Cribs because most of the people featured on there are a bunch of bling-bling (sorry, I had to use that word) rock-heads but Shaq seems like a very humble guy. He seems to have a really great family and a wonderful wife who supports him -- so I watched the entire episode on him. I love his car collection, too.

Anyone know where this house in located in Orlando? He lives on a lake somewhere?

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Russell Simmons has been my favorite so far...i think the house was in NJ.h

6. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

That has been my favorite as well. Very nice.

7. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    His wife has got to be one of the luckiest to marry Shaq. Funny how celebrities say their parents bought this and that for them when it's obvious it's their own money.

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Well Shaq said it was a gift, so what if he paid for the gift..But seriously that was a great episode. SHAQ does seem like a cool dude.

9. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That's right! I forgot the part where he said his father bought him his 360. That cracks me up...

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I have no idea but he still CAN'T HIT A FREETHROW to save his life !!

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    He has a .540 FT average in NBA lifetime.
    .622 high in '03, .484 low in '97, .518 thus far in '04 - #3 in NBA for attempts this season.

Incidentally, his NBA FG average is .576.
    .599 high in '94, .562 low in '93, .563 thus far in '04 - #1 in the NBA this season.

Trivia: He's 1-20 on 3 pointers. (Made the 1 in '95-'96 season)

12. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Russel Simmons house kicked ass!

13. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Shaq is pretty cool, although dumb as a stump. lol

Sorry officer O'neil.

Yes that is right, he is known to be a cop, little known is that he was MY DAD's REPLACEMENT at the LA Port Police in San Pedro as community service officer. Last check officer "Titus laryngitis" (we call him that because he won't shut up) was showing Shaq how to use the in-car computer.

Figure that the house was probably $40-50 per square foot to build. Then add in the cost of the marble, granite and other flooring. You are already in the $10 million range before you add in appliances pool and home entertainment systems or even furniture. Makes Kobe's house down here in Newport look small and affordable.

14. itzadapope

itzadapope Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Shaq's house is located in the town of Windemere (southwest Orlando) on Lake Butler. It's right outside Isleworth-- an uber exclusive neighborhood where most of the other celebrities in Orlando live.

-Victor

15. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    It is in Isleworth...home to Tiger Woods, Ken Griffey Jr and other sports luminaries. Chase Road splits the two sections of Isleworth, both are security-gated. He's added onto it. It was originally around 25,000 sq.ft. Shaq's house is easy to recognize with blue tile roofs...which is about the only thing you can see due to high privacy walls. Best view of his house would be from Lake Butler itself. A friend's dad was the original owner, a gift shop magnate. Shaq paid $3,950,000 in 11/1993. His 2003 property tax on his little crib is over $120,000 per Orange County Property Appraiser's office.

16. itzadapope

itzadapope Rookie

Feb 27, 2004

Indeed. In fact, here is a picture I took of it from Lake Butler in August of 2002. At this time, the addition off to the right was still under construction:

[​IMG]

-Victor