Sold the Scuderia CS for the TDF CS | FerrariChat

Sold the Scuderia CS for the TDF CS

Discussion in '360/430' started by matt, Feb 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matt

matt Karting

Nov 3, 2003
  2. alain

alain Rookie

Feb 4, 2004
    may i ask you what you got for your CS? i am starting to look for one and am curious about the market prices
    thks
    alain

3. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Beautiful, congrats!

4. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Wow, nice interior. I'll bet it looks 10x better in person than in pictures too.

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    That's a gorgeous car! Probably my favorite CS so far. Drive it in good health.

6. krm

krm Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    HK//US
    Very stunning! TDF is beautiful on the 360 bodyshell.

7. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Very nice! And an upgrade from the Scuderia car, too.

Do you plan on tracking this particular car?

8. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

You sold your Rosso Corsa for the TDF... I did not know that Stradales were so plentyfull :) The TDF looks great... a beautiful color for the 360 and the interior blue suede works very well!

Were you able to select the options on this car or did it just become available?

Did you install your old exhaust on this new car?

Enjoy!!

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Why is it that you can go through 2 CS's and Brian can't even get one?

10. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Different dealer, perhaps? :)

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Incredible color combo, fantastic. I thought red was nice but that is incredible including the interior, enjoy in good health.

12. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Matt,
    That color is amazing... one of my favorites on that car!! Sorry I didn't get a chance to look at the car in detail last sunday - thanks for bringing it out. Hopefully, you'll be able to join us for the whole drive next time!! :)

congrats on the TDF CS, btw!!

Byron

13. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    anyone know why the Stradale uses yellow gauges as opposed to traditional red?

14. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The CS hard back book says:

'Getting into a racing car is a unique experience: the materials, equipment and controls all have a precise function and arrangement designed to achieve the best man/machine interaction.

The essential is the dominant feature of the interior of the Challenge Stradale, and all unnecessary furnishings (carpets/mats) have been eliminated while every single detail has received the racing treatment.

For example, the rev counter, at the centre of the instrument panel, becomes the driver's main reference point, underlined by yellow graphics with a red pointer to enhance legibility and contrast.'

15. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    Awesome machine! Gongrats! Very nice colour indeed.

16. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    She's a beauty.

Did you change it long ago or the dealer has one that was cancelled?

You're so lucky Matt.

17. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Red and black are near identical in contrast level. Thus, its very hard to read red on black from a distance or in dim light. In autocross, for example, its a big no-no to use black numbers on a red car or red numbers on a black car (though its a popular color combo) because at-speed, its very difficult for people to read. Similarly, black copies on red paper is a popular choice for marketing fliers the first time... until they notice that their fliers are unreadable from any distance... yellow paper works MUCH better.

Red or black on yellow, however, is extremely easy to read at a glance, at speed, even if its a needle that's moving quickly.

18. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    That's the first time i've seen that colour comnbo.

Definately gets my vote.

Wazza

19. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Wazza i like it to, looks so good,do you think the stripe would look
    good i think so,

Dale.

20. jdcohenmd

jdcohenmd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Matt,
    Did you decide on the areas of the seat for the blue alcantara, or did the factory just do it that way? If you look at the show car red/blk, the red is the entire front surface of the seats. If you look at 720's yellow CS, the yellow accents are just on the outer edge. I am wondering if the dealer has a template of each seat panel so you can spec the colors exactly how you want. I was considering your color choice and think it looks incredible. Did they offer the blue stitching on the upper dash, and was there a matching blue leather for the upper portion of the steering wheel. Any info is greatly appreciated.

21. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Hi Dale,

For that colour combo,
    I think without the stripe was the right move.

Although i'm wishing I'd ordered the stripe for my Rosso.

Wazza

22. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Wazza you can still have it put on,at a cost of course,

Dale.

23. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    my experience with ferrari is that the dealers do not seem too enthusiastic about helping figure out what colors and options are available for the seats and steering wheels, etc. in fact, when i ordered my yellow stradale i asked the dealer if i could get the seats made in black alcantara with yellow alcantara trim. they told me they did not think that could be done. i insisted that they pursue this with FNA or the factory. they agreed. i had to call them back a week later (they never bothered to get back to me) and ask if they got an answer. they told me they talked to the appropriatr person at FNA and were told that i could not get the seats made the way i requested. but they then told me that FNA always tells me "no" to most special requests. they told me to simply place the order as i want and then just wait and see if the factory would ultimately make them. what a bunch of bull$hit. i wanted to visit the factory anyway so i decided that i'd ask the factory directly what they can and can't do in regard to special requests. i spoke directly to the regional sales manager at the ferrari factory (marco brunelli) about my seats. he immediately went inside the factory and spoke to the individuals responsible for making the interiors. within five minutes he came out with a sample book of all the different alcantara materials that they used. this sample book had about 10-15 different colors/shades including reds, grays, blues, yellow, black, etc. (can't remember all i saw). he told me that US customers are very important part of ferrari's business and they are very happy to honor virtually any special requests that customers desire. he mentioned that there could be some additional fees charged for special requests, but that seemed more than fair to me. same with the steering wheel. they will do virtually anything you want.

in my experience the problem is with the dealers here in the US. maybe ferrari yanks them around when they try to place special orders. maybe it gets too messy for them to try to place special requests because the order system they use is computerized and does not easily allow dealers to make special requests. regardless, the people at the ferrari factory made it clear to me that they want their customers to be satisfied and they are very happy to accept special requests (within reason of course).

it seems the only thing you can do is to very carefully explain to your dealer (even submit drawing or photographs) what it is that you want done special. as long as the dealer submits your special request along with the order to the factory (i'm sure they will but ask them to confirm that they did) there is a good chance you will get what you want. the annoying part is that unless you fly to italy and talk to the factory personally it seems that you just have to sit back and wait for the car to be delivered before you know for sure if they made the car the way you ordered.

it would sure seem like ferrari, the dealers and FNA could work out a better way to allow customers to submit special requests. it just seems like FNA needs to assign one guy whose job it is to do nothing but interface with customers with special requests and the factory to take the mystery out of what should be a simple and enjoyable experience.

24. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    720, i think it's just the dealer and not FNA.

ferrari of ontario, canada's largest ferrari dealer encourages custom orders or colours. all the colour charts and leather samples are on display and they are quick to tell you to order whatever combo you want.

25. jdcohenmd

jdcohenmd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thanks 720.
    Much appreciated.