Cool Photos | FerrariChat

Cool Photos

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mark(study), Feb 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This is cool :) ... a 360 spider and a Gallardo spider.

I always thought it looked like a TR without the slats, but once the roof is off, it looks even more like the TR

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    God that 360 looks nice.

3. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Dark grey is my favorite color on the 360 spider. I can't tell if that one is silver or its just the bright sun light?

Anyone have a TR spider photo?

4. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    That looks like titanium to me.

Lamborghini needs to get some originality. Looks to me like they swipe 75% of their ideas from Ferrari.

5. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    #5 TSMIV, Feb 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Id say your smoking crack. Lambos look absolutely nothing like Ferrari, and are clearly original. It Ferrari that borrows styling from others.

Btw, that picture of the Gallardo is just a home made photoshop.

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Allan, while Lamborghini IS indeed original in their styling cues (Countach as an exemplary specimen) Ferrari certainly DOES NOT steal from any others EITHER !! Get that bulls' horn out of your ass and be just a LITTLE objective.

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Come on now! Stop worshipping the Dancing Donkey, and open your eyes. Ferrari designers clearly looked to the Camaro and Supra while styling the 550.

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #9 tbakowsky, Feb 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That is the biggest bunch of bull shiz I have ever read !!! Hey, wait a minute, B-U-L-L shiz, I made a funny !!! Lambo have always had beautiful designs going back to the late 1960's to be sure, but I seriously doubt anyone in Maranello could learn ANYTHING from a designer in DETROIT, truly the land of un-originality. Nevertheless, you blind, even in the face of cold-hard facts, and unrelenting unreliability, adoration of the Bloated Bull is admirable.

11. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    back on topic...

photoshopped or not, I think the Gallardo looks stunning w/a drop top. that's the first time I've been floored at the looks of it.

12. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You can't really :) steal the idea.... if Ferrari stops upgrading the TR and switches to the front engine 550/575 style. I look at it as... Lambo decided to keep upgrading the TR if Ferrari wasn't going to do it anymore.

Either way... if you love the wedge of the 355, Esprit, and TR you can't help but think this drop-top Gallardo might be something to keep those lines alive and help smooth out some of the choppy look of the current Gallardo.

13. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Agree.

Ferrari made a mistake in the mid-90s, and instead of boldly introducing new design trends as they had previously they decided to become followers of the safe "European rounded" fad. That lead to the amorphous, blunted, overweight looking, metrosexual cars that they now produce (360/575/612).

Meanwhile Lambo stayed with the wedge, and the two lastest versions of it (Murci/Gallardo) LOOK like what people want and expect cars of that price range to be.

The Enzo was a nice departure, not my cup of tea necessarily, but I appluad them for at least taking a risk. Hopefully they'll do that with the 600 Maranello and the 420 Monza as well (which is being referred to as a baby Enzo from multiple sources now).

14. mbarr

mbarr Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2004
    Texas
    Since you brought Toyota into it, the gallardo resembles the celica, Im sure this has been noticed by many.

15. JeffMN

JeffMN Rookie

Jan 18, 2004
    I couldn't agree more. Who can forget the completely unoriginal design of the Testarossa.

-Jeff

16. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The Testarossa was original. Thats fact. The 550/575/456 is not. The new 612 is horrid.

17. yeah the gallardo photo is horrible who ever did it the wheels look like they are 26"s and the car looks slammed. :( Both cars look great in real life both have originality Ferrari is nothing like Lamborghini neither is Lamborghini like Ferrari.

18. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Long live the wedge. Just keep adding the most modern features and I hope the wedge lives for ever.

19. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    I think the Testarossa is anything BUT unoriginal.

20. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Dr.Webers looks so much better than those for soem reason. I need to get some pics of it and post them on here.

21. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I disagree with you on many things, but I have to admit, I bursted out laughing at that.

22. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...!

i guess no one saw the sarcasm in Jeff's comment...(?)

23. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    The TR never did anything for me, and neither does the Enzo. I think that's probably why I don't like the Gallardo, since all of them are more straight-cut and angular. I DO like the Esprit, but it's definitely the exception for me, since I prefer more curve in car designs. After seeing the 612 close up, it's a good-looking car. I'm sure it's a rip-off of something out there, right?

24. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Yes the "Dancing Donkey" is a funny one, but it isn't Allans. He borrowed it. LOL. None the less, it's still funny.

About the Gallardo. Hey guys I'm with the wedge crowd. The rounded look of late SUCKS! The Gallardo is better looking than the 360. Ferrari really needs a better design for it's replacement.

25. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    (POSTED BY MAKO):

Ferrari made a mistake in the mid-90s, and instead of boldly introducing new design trends as they had previously they decided to become followers of the safe "European rounded" fad. That lead to the amorphous, blunted, overweight looking, metrosexual cars that they now produce (360/575/612).

Meanwhile Lambo stayed with the wedge, and the two lastest versions of it (Murci/Gallardo) LOOK like what people want and expect cars of that price range to be.

The Enzo was a nice departure, not my cup of tea necessarily, but I appluad them for at least taking a risk. Hopefully they'll do that with the 600 Maranello and the 420 Monza as well (which is being referred to as a baby Enzo from multiple sources now).

I agree 100%!

It doesn't seem like things will get better as people still keep buying them. I keep hoping Ferrari will get on the "retro" bandwagon (ie. Mini, PT Cruiser, Bug, Thunderbird etc...)

Where is a new version of the Testarossa or a modern 308/328 with (min. 475 hp.)

DrewH