Ferrari Luggage information | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Luggage information

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by trope1975, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Schedoni. Sounds like the real stuff.

2. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I have 2 sets of F40 luggage, it consists of 3 pieces, a round bag for up front, a triangulated bag for between the seats and a garmet bag that I guess goes behind the seats (I have not figured that one out yet).

They were only available in natural leather by Schedoni, no colors.

In 2003, Patrick Lapone, President of Schedoni USA convinced Ferrari spa and Schedoni Italy to re-issue a limited run of "vintage" luggage, this includes the F40 luggage.

Pat had a run of 10 sets made, 8 have sold as of January of this year. I introduced a friend of mine to Pat at Cavallino and they were negoiating on one of the final sets of F40 luggage.

The price? well, they are now up to $7,000US a set, so you really have to want to own it! The "rare" 288GTO luggage is also available.

Pat Lapone's telephone number is 305 529 9999 and he can help with any late model Ferrari luggage. (I believe the 308 was the first luggage Schedoni built for Ferrari, so nothing earlier).

Pat is a very nice gentleman and his family has a long history with Schedoni and Ferrari.

Chris

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup, 308 was the first Ferrari with its own luggage. Rosso had a good article about it. It started out as a one off X-mas gift and they realized, that they were on to something.

I also have the 288 GTO luggage. Found it on ebay. Cost me an arm and a leg, but hey, they are so rare. I thought I better buy it as a negotiation token with a GTO owner...
    :)

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    So I can find a complete set of 550 luggage (6 pieces) on owner's site? I have never logged in.

Am tempted to get tan, even though the car is black/black. Never liked black leather for consumer goods.

--Dan

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I found sets for my TR(5 piece;3 up front and 2 behind the seats), 348(4 piece; 2 up front and 2 behind the seats) and BB512i(3 piece; 2 up front and 1 long one behind the seats) all from running " luggage wanted" ads in the Ferrari Market letter and FCA Newsletter. The sets I found were virtually unused and came with the cloth covers and boxes they came in. I recall numerous responses each time I ran an ad. Run some ads and you will luggage in no time.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    My set also came in the protective cloth covers (with a rampante stamp). I thought that was too funny: Protect your suitcase by putting it into a bag. Only Ferrari would do such a thing...

My set is 20 years old, but unused and each unit has its own key set. Very elegant.

7. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    The Ferrari UK site has the six piece set for 3.800 euro.
    Custom made to order in your choice of 12 colors.
    Charcoal and dark grey are two choices. 4 choices of shades of tan.

Also a golf bag that fits on to the rear parcel shelf is available for 1.400 euro.

The 575M luggage set looks different then the 550 set.

8. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I don't know anything about this subject, but here is a picture of Mauro Schedoni with some of his luggage. You may not be able to see, but the F40 emblem is embossed on the two pieces to HIS right and the front piece to HIS left.

Picture from Werner Schruf's 348 book.

9. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher
    I own a luggage store. I wonder if I can buy this stuff at wholesale prices?

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The luggage is really good and will allow you to carry much more in your Ferrari than you ever thought possible. I have used it for a week out of town with the wife and had enough room to pack our casual clothes and a suit for me and a nice dress for my wife for a semi-formal evening out. I would never buy it new though as there are so many sets out there that the owners have never used and no longer own the car they bought it to fit in that you can buy for 1/4 the new cost.