Is Crystal Cove going on this Saturday? | FerrariChat

Is Crystal Cove going on this Saturday?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bart, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    I might be there.

Never drive less than 12 cylinders.

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Yes it is, but unfortunately I cant make it this week! Sorry guys...

3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm out this weekend also.

I am going to something called Autoshowinmotion.com on Sat where you get to check out and drive the new GM cars. Sounds like it should be fun.

Dom

4. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I'm out too. :(

5. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I'm out, but you will find me at the Calabasas event that starts at 10am, once I have my car back that is.

Which is more fun, seeing a huge lot full of cars of all marques and types, or, spending the weekend around other nice cars and your friends?

I guarantee you, more people who attend our drives, the regular faces in the So Cal section, will go to Calabasas at 10am then commute from SD, LA, or Ventura County to Crystal Cove requiring a 4-5am wake up. *IF* the Calabasas get together becomes popular among us.

I don't go for the cars, I go to be with my friends, the cars are just a side benefit. 10am is a more sensible time. Much easier to take the family along, for those who must consider them.

The roads that everyone was raving about, and many others I frequently travel, are only 10 minutes away, with no police presence. Ortega is fun, its different, but it can't compete.

While I'm sunny, here's some rain on your parade :D

6. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    I went to autoshow in motion at the El Toro Marine base last year......had a blast!

I will be at Crystal Cove this weekend.....I wanna meet some of you guys in person!

7. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    There's no rain here. Those of us in OC don't necessarily want to commute an hour to LA either. Also, I like the early aspect of crystal cove. I get up early, check out some nice cars, talk to some great people, and am back home by 9:00 or 9:30 so I can spend the day with my family.

While the Sunday get together sounds nice, it pretty much means I would waste half the day on Sun, since I doubt I would be back home by noon with the commute and all.

It sounds like we may have 2 weekend car events in socal, an OC event on Sat, and an LA event on Sun. I usually try to make crystal cove, but doubt I will get to LA more than a couple times.

Dom

8. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Great to hear it was fun for you. This will be my first time attending one of these events. Sorry I won't be at CC tomorrow, but I'll probably be there next week.

Dom

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I can occasionally get up to LA, but I much prefer an OC gathering.

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Its good to mix up the meeting locations. Without trying to ruffle any feathers, most of the drives and drivers are located in the LA area so we can welcome those from Ventura, Santa Barbara, Santa Clarita, Glendale/Pasadena, etc.

These places are 45 minutes to an hour to LA just like OC is. Keep in mind, I live in SD and in LA so I make the commute from SD to LA to hang out every single weekend.

I don't want to exclude them. I hate missing Crystal Cove too. I want to go where I can see the most friends, which is why I drive up from SD all the time. I could attend in OC every weekend, but I will miss those days when the family will not get up that early in the morning and on a Sat.

Majority rules, and that means Calabasas is the best thing to something regular so far besides Car Night, which is invitation only, happens in the evenings, and catered towards adults. I know Bill, Adam, and I would like to mix family and friends, and it would be nice to get Amanda, Ron, Bob, and FX Performance out of hiding too.

Its all about compromise and right now, it ain't OC. :D

Sunny

11. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    man, I guess a lot of people is going to skip this week. Bummer.

12. 67GTC

67GTC Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westchester, CA
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

My 67 GTC showed up last Sunday morning... I've been sorting out a few issues during the week, but it looks good to go for manana...

See you there!

Chuck

13. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hi Chuck-

I think I saw you there today - Great car! Sorry I didn't get a chance to check it out more! Hope to see you again there sometime. :)