Kick off party in Atlanta | FerrariChat

Kick off party in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Florida' started by LMPDesigner, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Attention all fellow Ferrari Fans.

In honor of Enzo's birthday and to "kick off" the start of the 2004 year I am having another party at my house in Suwanee, GA. on Feb 21st. The party will be similar to last years--We will have it catered food-probably BBQ like last year (Unless I get other suggestions), wine, booze and beer with a $10.00 door donation to cover costs. (Last year the donations covered all of the costs plus $50.00--which went to John Delvac as he did most of the hard work-Thanks-John) For those who came last year I think every one enjoyed themselves and I am hoping for better weather this year. Bring yourselves-friends, wives, girlfriends, (For those of you with both-you figure out the logistics) but most of all bring your cars!! Parking is pretty good around my place--the neighbors are very understanding and we have no traffic on my street. (I am on dead end road in quiet,sleepy neighborhood). You can find more info on the FCA-SE website with maps and more details to come. Plan starting around 5:00 PM Saturday, Feb 21st.

Perhaps we can also plan on doing the video shoot the same day--Start in the morning doing the shoot up North and finish up the car parade at my house for food, drink and good times.

Brian Willis

[email protected] for questions/offers of help?

2. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Please excuse me for pulling this back to top of list--We are also planning a drive up through the North GA. Mountains (The Suches loop) in the morning following up with the party at my place. See Southeast region thread on "Lets shoot a video!" for details

Thanks

Brian Willis

3. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    #3 LMPDesigner, Feb 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Okay everyone-Another post on my party with some directions to my house.

In honor of Enzo's birthday and to "kick off" the start of the 2004 year I am having another party at my house in Suwanee, GA. on Feb 21st.

The party will be similar to last years--We will have it catered food-probably BBQ like last year (Unless I get other suggestions), wine, booze and beer with a $10.00 door donation to cover costs. For those who came last year I think every one enjoyed themselves and I am hoping for better weather this year. Bring yourselves-friends, wives, girlfriends, (For those of you with both-you figure out the logistics) but most of all bring your cars!! You do not have to be a FCA member to come or own a Ferrari to come. The party is open to all.

Parking is pretty good around my place--the neighbors are very understanding and we have no traffic on my street. (I am on dead end road in quiet,sleepy neighborhood). You can find detailed directions below.
    Plan starting around 5:00 PM Saturday, Feb 21st.

I really want a good showing this year. We had about 40 people last year and they all had a good time. Lets go for a whole bunch more this year. It would be very neat to have an entire neighborhood full of Ferraris! (My neighbors are very good about this-They love my cars and my 2:00 AM 8000 RPM test romps-They actually do!)

If you are planning on coming it would help me if I could get some sort of head count to plan on food/drink needs. Please RSVP me at any of the below:

[email protected]

Cell: 678-697-8142
    Home: 678-957-0878

More directions than you bargained for:

Directions to Brian’s from Atlanta, GA (travel time ½ hour):

1. Going North on I-85, Take exit 109-Old Peachtree Road. (It is now open going North)
    2. Turn Left at “T” onto Old Peachtree. Go about 1/3 mile to Satellite Road. Take right (North) onto Satellite. (There is a Home Depot at this corner.)
    3. Go North on Satellite for about 1 to 1-1/4 miles. Stay in left lane and look for/take first left available. This is Wildwood Drive.
    4. Turn Left onto Wildwood and look for second left on road. (No more than ¼ mile.)
    5. Second (2nd) left turn into Taramore Farms subdivision.
    6. First Right on Taramore Way
    7. At end, turn right on Baynes Point Drive.
    8. Brian’s is last house on right at dead end, #1208. (Grey Contemporary on small hill.)

Directions to Brian’s from Greenville, SC (travel time 1-1/2 hours):

1. Going South on I-85, exit 109. (Now open South) Beware-this exit comes up quickly after Exit 111 and is longest, straightest exit in existence. (I had my 360 F1 going 165 on this exit!)
    2. At “T” turn right onto Old Peachtree. Go about 1/3 mile to Satellite Road. Take right (North) onto Satellite. (There is a Home Depot at this corner.)
    3. Go North on Satellite for about 1 to 1-1/4 miles. Stay in left lane and look for/take first left available. This is Wildwood Drive.
    4. Turn Left onto Wildwood and look for second left on road. (No more than ¼ mile.)
    5. Second (2nd) left turn into Taramore Farms subdivision.
    6. First Right on Taramore Way
    7. At end, turn right on Baynes Point Drive.
    8. Brian’s is last house on right at dead end, #1208. (Grey Contemporary on small hill.)

Directions to Brian’s from Ferrari of Atlanta (travel time ½ hour):

1. Take right from FOA parking lot on Hwy 9, North (AKA: Alpharetta Hwy, Roswell Road, Main Street & Atlanta Street, depending on where you are).
    2. Go approximately 1.5 miles North to right (East) on Old Milton Pkwy (AKA: Rucker Rd, Hwy 120 & State Bridge Rd).
    3. Cross GA Hwy 400 and continue on Old Milton Pkwy about 1.5 miles until road curves to the right.
    4. Take left on Kimbal Bridge Road (AKA: Abbot’s Bridge Rd., Hwy 120).
    5. Cross Jones Bridge Road and then cross Hwy 141 (AKA: Medlock Bridge Road & Peachtree Parkway), then cross Peachtree Industrial Blvd. The road you are on is now called Abbot’s Bridge, Hwy 120.
    6. At railroad track dead end in Downtown Duluth, take a right and a quick left to stay on Hwy 120, East.
    7. Go 200 feet to Buford Hwy (AKA: Duluth Hwy, Hwy 23/ US13) and turn left, going North.
    8. Go ¼ mile and turn right (East) on Old Peachtree Road.
    9. Go a couple of miles and pass Sugarloaf Parkway.
    10. Turn Left on Satellite Blvd.
    11. First (1st) left turn on Wildwood Drive.
    12. Second (2nd) left turn into Taramore Farms subdivision.
    13. First Right on Taramore Way
    14. At end, tun right on Baynes Point Drive.
    15. Brian’s is last house on right at dead end, #1208.

You can call my cell phone (678-697-8142 Brian) if you get lost or need directions from somewhere else.

Brian Willis
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

2:00 AM test romp?
    You wouldn't last long in my neighborhood!

5. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    They only get annoyed when I start up my 800 HP sprint car on open headers! That, I have been informed by my neighbors, is quite too loud but then I can't ever seem to hear them yelling at me!

6. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    My last post about party. (I promise!)

Everyone-come and have some fun!

Sat. 5:00 PM

'nuff said"

Brian Willis