Houston Business Mentor | FerrariChat

Houston Business Mentor

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Uberpower, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    I came to Houston a little less than 5 years ago. What a city of opportunity compared to Denver!

I am 24 and have been working since I was 14. I have been lucky enough to make six-figures since I turned 21, and I have wanted an F-car for as long as I can remember. The car for me is a 355 GTS, Red on Tan (6spd).

The issue is, I don't want to "punk" a Ferrari- meaning I don't want to take a loan or a note on the car, I want to drop cash for it. Thing is, I don't make enough money to do that (LOW six-figs)- so I haven't bought the car.

The thread regarding youngest Ferrari owners really got my goat. So much so that I placed an ad in the Robb Report coming out in the March issue looking for a business mentor. My work ethic is VERY strong, as is my integrity... anyone know how an intelligent, ambitious all-around-good-guy can make some serious money in an honest way?

I am willing to work for a true self-made-millionaire for free to learn... I know this is a weird post, but please... if you or someone you know is truely successful, and they wish to impart their knowledge to an eager and receptive student, please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 713.828.9908. (Houston)

Thanks and kind regards,

Nick

2. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    You sound like just the kid I'm looking for! You see I have this idea about a rubber bladder inside of oil-carrying ocean liners.
    Come work for Kramerica Industries as my new intern.

:)

3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Blah. Thanks for wasting my time. The good people of Sugar Land (me) should kick the mean people of Sugar Land (you) out. Just like a Porsche guy... that's why I got rid of mine.

Nick

4. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Maybe if you could describe again how much money you make, at such a young age, with the desire to pay cash for Ferraris, perhaps that would help. Sure impressed me.

5. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    OMG
    How much time of yours did I waste? If more than 3 seconds, you need to learn to read a little faster.

I was kidding, but your true colors came out. (If you didn't get the Seinfeld reference, I'm sorry, but it was a joke)

The post is bizarre first of all. Completely out of place on this forum. I was just having fun.

Now your "Porsche guy" comment could be the most retarded thing you've posted to date. Like that makes a difference. Porsche guys have a sense of humor? Is that a problem? Would it matter that I could own a Ferrari tomorrow if I really wanted one? Would I be a different person if I bought it?

PS. Posting about your income level is also immature. Your intent is good in the original post, but the method and delivery shows a level of immaturity such as not wanting to "punk" a car. WTF? lol

6. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Scott-

Alright Mr. Grouchy! First of all, I posted my income level to establish the fact that I am not a 24yo working at McD's but one with intelligence and determination. Second, I would HOPE that most people on this board make a SIGNIFICANT amount more than that (or are quite a bit older) to own an Fcar.

The sole reason for the post was to garner advice from those making 5x 10x 20x the amount that I am. I put a disclaimer on the post to let all know it was a "weird" post.

Also, there is no doubt that I could go out and get a 996 TT or a 550 and make outrageous lease/note payments- but I'd rather not. Cars are toys and will depreciate, unless you don't drive them- which I intend to do.

I was kidding about the Sugar Land and Porsche Guy comments. I thought it was interesting that we both lived in the same place... and I sold my Pcar because it was too slow (Boxster). Sorry if I didn't put a smiley or whatever to indicate sarcasm like you did.

Truce?

Nick

7. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    LOL Truce it is.

I didn't pick up on the sarcasm which is a problem with written/online media.

I am not grouchy. I was joking all along. Did you see the Seinfeld where Kramer gets that 'intern' to help him do stupid stuff. He made up a company "Kramerica Industries" so NYU would send him an intern. I was referencing that, because your post just made me think of it. hehe

Peace man. Good luck in finding a mentor. Like I said, I do think the intent is good.

I saw your email. Did you do SAP work? (I used to until about 1999)

8. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Hey- yeah I do SAP work. I also place SAP consultants at different companies. Profitable, but not as much as it used to be. Let me know if you ever want to get together for lunch or something.

Nick

9. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    My step dad works at Marathon Oil and they just spent $90,000,000 on SAP stuff.

10. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas

I got out of SAP in '99 because I was afraid of the post Y2K duldrums, but people are still using and implementing it, so it should be around for a LONG time.
    I'm still in software though.

Do you ever go on any of the group drives? (Porsche, Ferrari, or whatever, you should come)

11. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Yeah, lotta money to be made in SAP. What does your dad do at Marathon?

If we could get some of our consultants in on the Marathon deal, I'd buy a Ferrari for you and one for me. What color do you like? ;)

12. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Man- I'd love to come to the group drive. I am trying to convince my friend with his 360 to go (and take me along). Sadly, I am without a worthy automobile at this point (2 SAABs)... nice, but more of a family sport sedan.

13. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Hes one of the head IT guys. I actully own a red 360, but I really want a 355 for some reason. They have a wicked looking stance and they're tiny. They have a red 355Spider and Post Oak for around $125,000, but I only paid $150,000 for my 360. So I dont know right now, I might save up for a 288.

14. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Getting sick of SAP? I used to work as an SAP HR consultant. Good luck finding a sugar daddy. I suggest you join a club and win over a sugar daddy in person. You can join the FCA without a Ferrari. We had a 93 Mustang LX 5.0 in tow on our last Houston run.

15. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas

I used to do basis. So glad I got out of it. It was a nightmare.

16. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Sugar daddy? What?!

Man, you and I are operating on totally different wavelengths. I want to EARN the money, and for my preference... it would be sugar MOMMA anyway.

17. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good point. But as long as they teach you what you want to know I am sure you will not care.