**FERRARI FESTIVAL 2004** | FerrariChat

**FERRARI FESTIVAL 2004**

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jenzo, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Does anyone know if the Ferrari Festival is going to be held this year....any ideas on dates???

2. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    This is from the FOC. Are you member ???

No Ferrari Festival This Year....but Scarlet Instead
    We have been advised that the Ferrari Festival, tentatively scheduled for the 4th May at Donington, will not take place. Apparently the various parties concerned could not reach a suitable agreement. However, the VSCC meeting at Donington on 11/12th Sept will include a round of Shell Historic Ferraris as well as Ferrari F1 demonstrations and will feature a major Club presence. The meeting will probably be called the 'Scarlet Festival' and be the next best thing to the old Ferrari Festival we all enjoyed so much.

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I think the Auto Italian magazine meet is a good one,i think its at stanford hall in the midlands. You dont have to be a member of the FOC to go. I was a member of the FOC my self, but not any more no point, got nothing out of it,(Statley home visits and clay shooting is not realy my bag,unless i can use me semi, ha! ha!) Donnington is another good met and is also in the Midlands.

4. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    This is a great loss, I went to Donnington last year, cant say I enjoyed it as much as the 01 & 02 sessions at Brands though. Ferrari / maserati really should pull finger and get behind somthing like this especially since they want to push more Massers.

5. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    The Auto Italia events are indeed very good (Stamford Hall and Brooklands). Stamford (?) Hall in particular seems to manage to attract a good mix of Ferraris, Lambos, Isos, De Tomasos and - particularly - Maseratis, without being too 'lowest common denominator'. It seems now to be effectively the Maserati Club's main annual concours, and gets support from Ferrari/Maserati UK.

The FOC annual concours is still great too, of course - but the number of early cars attending seems to dwindle each year - with the honourable exception of the Lusso brigade !

John

(PS - the best event I attended in recent years was the 2002 Bentley Drivers' Club Annual Meet at Arbury Hall in 2002. It was so classy that it made the FOC event [the following day] seem like a car boot sale... :)