Legality Of Reproducing FNA Official Documents | FerrariChat

Legality Of Reproducing FNA Official Documents

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TSMIV, Feb 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I currently own a copy of the official FNA 308 Buyer's Guide and I was thinking about retyping it in Word.

It was given to me in late 2001. As far as I know FNA never sold any copies, they were all free. I am sure there are others on this site who have copies.

My intend is to distribute it to various Ferrari websites in order to make it available to the masses.

Is there anything wrong with that?

I am not reproducing any photographs, typeface, or images. I am simply typing the text verbatim to a Word document.

I intend on giving full credit to FNA. I have no intention of claiming this as my orginal work.

I am also wanting to see if there is a real interest in this. It is quite an undertaking to retype it and if there is not a real interest then I will not waste my time.

In that vein keep in mind it has a lot of Ferrari propaganda. (ie Ferrari is the best... Cannot be beaten... holds it own against the world's best... Faster than a jet plane)

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I am sure FNA has copyrights and other restrictions on the document. therefore if you reproduce it i am sure you will have to get permission to do it.

3. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    You can contact the PR department at FNA and you'll probably get a speedy answer. Need a contact?

Emil

4. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i would love to see the FNA 308 buyers guide. please keep us posted!!! michael

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I know you can buy copies of about all manuals on ebay and I've seen PDF versions floating around. I've even been offered these copies to be hosted on FerrariChat.com and I've turned it down. It would be nice if possible, but I don't think it is.

7. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I am not talking about manuals or anything like that.

What I am talking about is a buyer's guide issued by FNA.

It is a promotional booklet that FNA began distributing for free in 1998. A copy of which I was given in August of 2001.

I seriously doubt that FNA will mind, but I do intend on seeking their permission and will abide with what they decide.

If granted, I will offer it to various websites including Ferrari Chat. At that point, It is up to each individual administrator to decide if they feel it is worthy of being added to their site.

If denied, I will not distribute it.

8. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Ferrariusa.com has the original and complete information and pictures of every Ferrari past and present.

aehaas

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Accardo, Manlio [[email protected]]

This is the guy at Ferrari in charge of protecting all things Ferrari.

Just got a BIG NO from his this week on using any reference to Ferrari in a fund raiser/drive that we're doing in NY.

But, you can certainly give it a shot.

Oh, and be sure to address him as MR. ACCARDO, no first name familiarity. He's a formal kind of guy.

Very nice in saying no, but no it was.

Good luck.

10. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    FERRARI MASERATI NORTH AMERICA INC.
    250 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

tel: 201-816-2600
    fax: 201-816-2626

web: www.maserati.com
    web: www.ferrari.com

Maurizio Pariato
    President/CEO

Luca Dal Monte
    Director Communications

Jeffrey Ehoodin
    Public Relations Manager

The e-mail convention is [email protected], I believe... it may be ferrarina.com. If you call the main number and ask for Jeff in PR you'll get through. Tell him you got his number from a member of the International Motor Press Association.

Keep us posted!

11. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Emil and Dave, I thank you. I am going to contact FNA this week, most likely by e-mail. I will keep everybody posted.