California Budget, Texas, England and how it all fits | FerrariChat

California Budget, Texas, England and how it all fits

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bobafett, Feb 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  2. ART360

ART360 Guest

Dan:

A good many people need to go to jail over this. However, with John Ashcroft in the AG's office it isn't going to happen. This has been common knowledge for about 2 years. However, when California tried to void the long term contracts with some of these crooks, the Bush appointed Federal Energy commission didn't allow them to do so. More than a few people need to do a little time, and some of them are in our current government.

An interesting aside: When I worked at Andersen (we called it Arthur then) I was doing tax returns (this was in the late 60s). On one return, I could see that it didn't make any sense to go through the computations regarding a certain type of deduction. I didn't do it, thinking I was saving the client money. I was rebuked, told that I had to do the computation, that their clients deserved all of the deductions, even though I could see it would cost more to comput the deduction than it would to ignore it. That point in time is when I decided to go back to law school. I didn't think so then, but it also told the story of where that firm was going, some 30 plus years later.

Art

3. NY Joe 360

NY Joe 360 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Heh the Bush adminstration has so many crooked bastards in it, but the sad thing is the only option is the horrid stances of the democrats on many issues.

Even though I think Bush and his cronies should be put on trial for war crimes, fraud, racketeering, et al, he's still the best choice and hence getting my vote =(