Perfect Day for a drive in the country | FerrariChat

Perfect Day for a drive in the country

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JSL, Feb 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    What can I say but, what a great day. Here in central California it was 65*, bright sun and a few fluffy clouds floating overhead. Started the day having a wonderful breakfast with my beautiful wife. Later my son and his wife came over and we climbed on the Harley's and took a ride in the hills up to a great little restaurant for lunch. Sky was blue, hills were green and the trees were already blooming. Too good to let go without a drive in the country. Came back from the ride only to jump in the Ferrari and head right back into the hills. Nothing better then driving through winding roads, top off, cattle in the fields and clean air. After the rumble of the bike the smooth tunes of the 348 seemed like music. It is amazing that just cruising in third and forth gear is as relaxing as it gets. However, every once in a while I needed to push it a little just to remember that it is there. Stopped at the grocery on the way home to pick up a couple of little filets. Grilled to perfection! The evening is still young....

My apologies to you folks in the cold parts of the planet. I don't mean to rub it in. Actually, today makes up for the days in August when it is 107*. I won't ask for any sympathy then. It just was such a great drive and the day really was just about perfect. Hope you all had as good a Valentine's Day as I did. Now for the evening!

We are truly lucky to have these cars to enjoy. Maybe this should go into the "Off Topic" section but forgive me if I put it in the wrong place.

2. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

Thanks for rubbing it in!! Its freezing up here...:)