FerrariChat.com Community Vote: Gary Green requests reinstatement... | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Community Vote: Gary Green requests reinstatement...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should Gary Green be reinstated as a user?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Gary Green has been emailing quite a bit wanting to get back on the board. He swears he'll be better. I'm trying to take more actions based on what the overall membership wants. The power of this decision is now in your hands. If 2/3rds think it's OK to give Gary Green a second chance, then we will.

You can discus this in the thread, once you vote though, you can't change it. There will be a time limit.

Here is Gary's statement to the community...

Dear F-chat community,

I have been off F-chat for 2 months now and I miss it greatly. Having had visited other websites I now realize how great F-chat really is. In the last couple of months I have grown up alot. I an now working a full time job and I plan on taking classes to learn how to speak spanish. My problems with F-chat in the past were mostly due to having alot of time on my hands, That is not the situation anymore. If you would give me a 90 dayprobational period I would sincerely appreciate it. I am looking forward to being a productive member of F-chat. Please give me a chance to prove to you that I have changed.

2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Rob give him a 30 day probationary period. He seems sincere enough to offer him the 30 days to see if he has changed.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Also, since this is the first time we've done this. I want to hear everyone's feedback on this as a future process for reinstating users, banning users, and making other changes to the board.

We could have an official "Community Planning" forum for these type of discussions and votes to get it away from GFD. Maybe GFD is still the best place because the most users visit it.

Thoughts? Please share. I'm the only one that can post an official poll though, although anyone can suggest one. I think 2/3rds is a fair majority. I don't believe in making much change or at least I like being slow with them.

Reminder, my current admin philosophy is that the majority of users can steer this community in a better direction than I can as an individual.

Thanks,
    rob

4. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    What did Mr. Green do?

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Mr Green would have to explain better about why he asked questions, and then never took anyone's advice or feedback.

He never answered a direct question when you tried to pin him in a corner and learn about what's really going on.

He is either very young, or has a learning problem, or he is a true TROLL only out to make people think he is a real person.

I'd vote "no" at this point.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    He's been banned for a couple months, and it isn't as if he killed somebody. Give him a probationary period and see how it goes. We shouldn't forget that we have the option of ignoring someone. If indeed he's nothing but a trouble-making troll, then we'll ban him permanently.

7. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    If everything he/she types is approved before its posted, sure, let them back. They contribute far less to the forum then the likes of me, which is hardly anything, so if you want to let a "gross thread polluter" and single "enthusiast" who had such a negative impact back on the community back on. Well, recent threads answer the question for you.

Sunny

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

A leopard doesn't change its spots imo. Hasn't this guy been given plenty of chances before?

9. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Yes, and he blew every single one of them.

10. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    rob - either it's a benevolent dictatorship or it's a democracy.

doody.

11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Do you fold or crumble up your T.P. ?

I say no.

12. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    He is the only one on my ignore list. You have given him more chances than he deserves. He has added zero valuable content and lots of BS to the board. This is the type of person that should be banned no matter what the poll says. I think many in the community that ignore trolls will ignore the poll and not even vote. I almost didn't even look at this thread. If there are not enough votes to ban him it it should not matter. He says he is learning Spanish, hopefully he has learned the words ADIOS MUCHACHO!

13. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    If Rob wants opinions, here is mine. Gary should be allowed to rejoin, but should not be allowed to start new threads for a while (is that possible?).

And ANYONE (I mean ANYONE) who engages in personal attacks and foul language directed at ANY other member should be banned for at least a month in the first instance and permanently for a second offense. I expect better behavior from my grandchildren. It's high time that a few members here learned not to stick their noses in dog poop if they know it smells bad.

14. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Fully agree.
    You are the boss, you dictate the rules. You listen to other's ideas but, at the end, you decide. With the new rules there will be no time to submit to public judgment every suspension.
    This is a dangerous precedent. If you do for him (I do not know this guy, I have been here too little time...) why not for everybody else?
    If I am here is because I respect YOUR judgment: use it. Simply you cannot delegate.

Ciao

Eugenio

15. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I AGREE WITH GREG, RALPHIE AND SRFCITY.........NO

DOES A CAT HAVE 9 LIVES???...

WE DONT NEED ANY MORE TROLLS HERE..........

16. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Agree completely. Aslo second what Doody had to say about Benevolent dictatorships vs. democracy. Rob, ya gotta pick one and live with the consequences, both good and bad. To my mind, there is great inconsistency here, though seemingly unintentional.

17. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Doesnt he make new usernames all the time? Many trolls have names that would suggest that he is the actual user, but do we have any IP address proof that suggest its him? If it is infact him, i say NO. Infact, i say no whether it is him or not. His threads are useless and he is useless. He contributes nothing and only causes problems.
    I think hes BS'ing you, Rob.

18. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Agree. Do not readmit him.

19. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    i have one thing to say NO!!!!!!!!!!

20. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I have to agree with Miltonian on this issue. Maybe, just maybe he is sincere...if not, we will figure it out very quickly and can ban him once more. I also agree that there should be stricter rules regarding personal attacks...no matter who's flinging them at who.

21. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Don't take this the wrong way Rob, but, WHAT!?!?!
    I'm not sure what is more insane, the poll itself, or the fact that 23 people actually voted for reinstatement!
    Like Greg, my ignore list has only 2 names. Both of them G Green!

N O!
    Dave

22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm interesting. Maybe I was just lucky and didn't come across Green's threads, but I have much less issue with him than with some other trolls.

Somebody who is on FChat just to create havoc in a silly way is easy for me to ignore. I have much bigger issue with people who pretend to be serious and in reality just push their demented agenda. The trolls in disguise are the people I'd love to ban. Some screen names come to mind, but I won't mention any names here, I bet you know whom I'm talking about.

23. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    That's the problem. There is always at least one person who responds. Always. Besides those hurling insults, I don't know if the people responding to his posts are newbies or genuinely interested in the inane subject matter or just fooled, but the threads *don't* die.

It's easy enough to not respond, but I'd rather not waste the time reading the thread in the first place.

24. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    no. he is out and it needs to stay that way.

25. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    yeah there is always some people who resond. Its always the same people, but i wont mention who because you all know who im talkin about.