328 Ignigtion Wiring | FerrariChat

328 Ignigtion Wiring

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Chiaro_Slag, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The prior owner of my 328 had an alarm system hooked up (from the 80's that looked like it belonged in a museum). I took out tons of old wiring. The alarm was hooked up to the ignigtion, so I need to re-wire it to original specs. I am left with a yellow wire and a white wire I am unsure what to do with... I am staring at the wiring diagram for the 328 right now, but might as well be staring at the stars in the sky.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    FWIW, the Yellow with black stripe (GN) wires (four of them), connect to terminal "15" - ignition on position. The white (B) wires (2) connect to terminal "50" - start position.

Car alarms are a huge problem for "paper trails". Documentation is virtually non-existant.

I called my vehicle recovery system company to get documentation on how it was installed, and was basically told that the installer "wings it", so they don't know how it was installed, either. (That might have been a smoke screen, because they don't want to publish the details of the system, for fear that theives might simply remove it if they knew how.)

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks DGS - I'll give it a shot tomorrow night.

Tonight was one of my most successfull nights - Dyed much of the interior and couldn't be happier with the results! Can't wait to post some pics (probably tomorrow). Also finally repaired the nagging door pouch - Posted this fix in the general section. Leatherique rules!!! Great sponsor.

Finally feel like I am accomplishing something rather than just taking the car apart!!

Thanks again!