FINALLY! A Tazio Nuvolari ! | FerrariChat

FINALLY! A Tazio Nuvolari !

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by FerrariStuff.com, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    I have longed to own a genuine Tazio Nuvolari signature for AGES but since ALL items related to him have been declared "Cultural Heritage" by the Italian government it is virtually impossible to get them from his home country anymore.

But...

I managed to FINALLY get one!

Vinatage 1937 when he was at the height of his career !

YEAH!

Enjoy it.

Best regards,
    Jack Habits
    www.************.com
    Proud Ferrari Chat Sponsor

2. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    that is awesome!!! Keeps me wondering how the he** you find those things :) !!

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    VERY cool find!

What does the text say / mean?

--Dan

4. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    I haven't completely figured out the text yet but I believe it starts with "Per lei" which means as much as "For you(r)", probably followed by a name which I can't read.

The date is followed by "XV", the 15th year in the fascist era.....

OOOOPS TAZIO! Shame on you! (Although he probably didn't have much choice...)

The date gives some clues as to where he was when it was signed. September 26, 1937 was the day of "MASARYKUV OKRUH" which was as much as the Czech Grand Prix, held at Brno race track (in line with where I acquired it from, the Czech Republic).

Tazio drove a Scuderia Ferrari Alfa Romeo 12C-36 which was no match for Germany's Silver Arrows and despite a Pole Position (determined by draw) he brought it home in 5th place.

What makes it EXTRA special to me is the fact that this was the last race which Tazio would actually finish in an Alfa Romeo...

Finding these items is usually a matter of a lot of "networking", even more patience and unfortunately very often "deep pockets"....

Best regards,
    Jack

P.S. Eventhough I am VERY happy with it, it would have been EVEN better if it had been signed at the Monaco Grand Prix 1937 as then I could have added it to this small collection on that race:

1) Original # 8 Armband worn by Rudy Caracciola during the race
    2) Signed fan card of Caracciola
    3) Race photo of von Brauchitsch & Caracciola, signed by von Brauchitsch (if you look VERY carefully, you can see the above armband on Caracciola's left arm)
    4) 1937 Monaco Grand Prix Sweepstake ticket

5. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    that is sooooooooo wonderful! What an amazing collection you have!! :)

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Jack,

You've definitely acquired some great pieces! Your collection goes back in time much farther than mine--it would be fun to wade through it some time.

Jack

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That autograph is an excellent find!

You want to see Tazio not having much of a choice?
    Gallery 3, 2nd picture down - Nuremberg Victory:
    http://www.tazionuvolari.it/biopic3.htm

Gallery 4, 4th picture down is already my profile pic. Kind of redefines Deer in headlights, no?

You should also save the site to your favourites list, as the "Flying Mantuan" led a most interesting life.
    http://www.tazionuvolari.it/indexuk.htm

Once there, you'll discover the Gallery link is broken. So, if images are your thing, save the first link provided, as well. I already saved them both to Bookmarks>Ferrari for that very reason.