Capristo vs Tubi | FerrariChat

Capristo vs Tubi

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by sjmst, Feb 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Does anyone prefer the Capristo over Tubi? Are Tubi really that loud?
    I'd be interested if people agree with this:

"It is stainless steel, with custom-ordered carbon fiber tips. It is built better than a Tubi. It sounds better than a Tubi. Just read the posts are Ferrari Chat.com (I'm a member). [this is the] exhaust everyone is going to. As I read the posts, I noticed that a few buyers complained that their replacement exhausts were too loud. Cops would notice. Neighbors would complain. So, I special-ordered this exhaust at 20% less volume than stock. The result? Perfection. It has an amazing, deep-throated rumble at idle. This is the biggest difference from stock. Then, it sounds like a race car on acceleration."

2. mbarr

mbarr Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2004
    Texas
    Does this mean you can custom order the sound level of your exhaust with the capristo?

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I have no idea what the writer means by this. However, everyone I know with a Capristo is very happy.

Gary

4. Red Baron

Red Baron Rookie

Feb 14, 2004
    N. Cal
    They both sound great - I've driven cars with both. It's a matter of taste (and hype)...

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    What were the sound differences? I really am not a fan of a very deep sound in comparison to the wailing...damn I love wailing.

I have a tubi on my car, and works well for what I like, but really is very deep sub 3000 rpms.

6. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    I am trying to decide between the Tubi and Capristo for my 2001 360 spider 6 speed. My last car was a 99 355 F1 which had a Tubi with the test pipes. Which exhaust should I put on the 360 to get the sound closest to the 355?

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    You need to put on the F355 single inlet intake with velocity stack to get the sound of the F355 on a F360 engine, but then you loose the fat midrange.

8. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    So after reading everything on the site about the Capristo and the Tubi. I think I can not go wrong by installing the stock Capristo (non LC Racing) and using the test pipes with the silencer. Product workmanship and sound were my deciding factors. Jimmy 540 has one for sale but it is the LC racing version and I think that just might be over the top loud.