Profiles and how do they work? | FerrariChat

Profiles and how do they work?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by RAY430RED, Feb 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    I have had a rough 'head count' of Profiles, and being a Rookie and new to this, can anybody explain why 30-40% of Profiles are not completed? Is it because they haven't got a Ferrari or is it because they don't want to be identified? It's just interesting that time and time again you get the same users but when you look at their Profile they are incomplete. Do you think they have anything to hide?

RAY360M

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Ray,
    i don't think there's anything sinister , more like people are careful what they post on a public forum. I'm like you and fill in all the details!
    Tony

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #3 360CS, Feb 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I changed mine, due to a lot of people sending me e.mails on other matters..not fcar related, which is OK if you want that contact..

Ray im also in the construction industry, and had a lot of mail relating to the services we provide.

So I guess if you want to use the profile as an advertising tool it can work.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Ray,

I put some info on the site but as Tony mentioned I fall into the category that prefers to select the people I disclose personal info to. It think that general location and what f-cars ones owns are pertinent info for such a forum. If I did have a business then maybe I would choose to use this channel to advertise. I must say however that I too get a little frustrated when there are no details at all on a profile and would welcome if most did have their location and f-cars owned filled.

Cheers
    Philip

5. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Why cant we just grt on with 'chating' with each other instead of trying to find sinister problems that are just not their.

Its like people who constantly moan about television, they seem to forget their is always an off button.

Regards

Stewart

6. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    I am not suggesting there is any sinister reason for not filling in the profile But surley if Ferrarichat and Rob Lay did not think it was of interest they would not have bothered to include it in registration .I just think its interesting to know the area and cars they have ,you could leave out your name i suppose if you wanted to As for advertising i think thats a cobblers i definitly dont advertise ANYWHERE and a certainly dont need any more work and have not recieved ONE email cos my website was part of the profile As for switching off like you can on a tv when you read some of the comments that just might be the right thing to do ,but if all had that attitude who would we chat to

Happy Chatting RAY 360m