Opinions/experience with Giorgio in Marin Co? | FerrariChat

Opinions/experience with Giorgio in Marin Co?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by David512, Feb 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    Giorgio is an independent in Marin County, located near FSF's new service department. Although I spoke with him on the phone and he seemed pleasant enough, he did not have time to work on my car for two months last autumn. Any experiences you'd care to share? I am still interested in taking my car to him. (BTW, my experiences w/ FSF on older Ferraris has been less than inspiring, and I am not surprised to see some of the other complaints about FSF Service Dept.)

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    While I've never heard of Giorgio, I'm curious as to which facility of FoSF you are referring when you say new? Do you mean their actual service dept in San Rafael, or has that moved elsewhere?

--Dan

3. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I have had great luck with Juan at Gran Prix Motors in Campbell. He knows Dino's inside and out, part by part. I imagine he's the same with many Ferrari's... awesome person, better technician. He has my trust on any car.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Tony,

Where in Campbell are they? I know the area very well. Never heard of them (which doesn't mean anything, just curious as to where they are).

--Dan

5. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    Dan, Gran Prix is the sign on the building. Juan is associated with Lyle Tanner who gets Juan his parts. The phone number there is 408-364-0881. I am going to take my car to Juan in a couple of weeks and have him doll it up for the Concorso. I am not trying to win anything, just clean it up a little for the show.

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Well you've got to represent the Dino! It's your time to shine (har har, I know).

Where *is* Lyle Tanner Enterprises? Everyone makes mention of him. I'll pick up a phone book, but is he the real deal?

--Dan

7. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    Yes, I mean the actual service department in San Rafael. I have not seen it since FoSF moved it there from Mill Valley, so it's still "new" to me. I'd give the address, but I have only Giorgio's phone number.

Re the other tech in Campbell, I had never heard of him. Lyle Tanner I've heard of.

8. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    Dan, Lyle Tanner seems like a good guy... seems to know where to get parts for the older cars. He sure hooked me up when I needed my water pump replaced. He is in Campbelll, at this contact info:
    Lyle Tanner Enterprises 155 Kennedy Ave. Campbell, CA
    408-364-0881
    [email protected]

Like I said, my mechanic, Juan, works out of Lyles garage. If you have an older Ferrari, this guy knows his stuff very well. I don't know if he has all the official F car eqpt to service modern cars. But he's cheap and more importantly, really good.