FOC, UK Club Logo | FerrariChat

FOC, UK Club Logo

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by prancing, Feb 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. prancing

prancing Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    UK, Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Gareth
    Hello,
    I was reading about the FOC Club Logo in the latest FOC news, I understand that the Factory have redesigned the Logo to protect their brand identity. Has anyone seen the new Logo yet?

Cheers
    G.

2. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Yes i have and even though the FOC are moaning about it, i think it looks great.

Regards

Stewart

3. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Actually I don't really like it myself ....

The thing that is a little disconserting however is how Ferrari is trying to control something they do not own i.e their customers. I fully understand that they would want to protect the brand but from what I read about the European owners club meeitng earlier this year, it all sounds to me that Ferrari are treating the owners clubs as their "subsidiaries". They are ordering them about with logos, uniforms etc. If you have a bunch of owners that want to get orginsed to increase their enjoyment of the products they have purchased then the manufacturere should not have any right to control this. If you extrapolate their thinking further, then Ferrari should not actually sell cars but lease them to "users" and have contracts that stipulate how they can use them .. all in the name of safeguarding their brand !!!

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    It looks like a tax disc holder!, Circular Union Jack with Horsey in the middle and FOC script at bottom. I prefer the current one,
    I don't think a corporate branded owners club is a good idea close ties to the factory yes, dictated corporate strategy and marketing No.
    Ferrari seem to be selling every single part of their heritage to the highest bidder at the moment and will soon devalue their brand and as such their once percived exclusivity, just my opinion so I reserve the right to be wrong!!

5. prancing

prancing Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    UK, Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Gareth
    Hi Chaps, thanks for the replies. Have any of you got a link to picture of the new logo or a Picture file you can post.

Cheers
    G.

6. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
  7. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    I also like the new logo.

I like to drive the cars

And I like to wear the kit.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE IS BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO !

I think the FOC and other Ferrari clubs around the world are going to have a hard time shaking off Mother Ferrari and may have to toe the company line
    if it wants to continue to use the names, logos badges etc or fall into trademark issues.

I'm not sure I care either way.

I think a club that is closer to the mother might actually be a good thing.
    By bringing us closer to the factory also takes us closer to F1, the cars their ideas, the product, the clothing and momentos and much more.
    And it also brings them closer to us and what we think (whether they listen or not is a different matter).

If I don't like it or the new regime or the "uniform" then I can get together with some my mates and form a new liason or club or F.Chat Ride-Out Untied or call ourselves whatever we like and DO AS WE BLOODY WELL PLEASE.

Wazza

There's nothing like a rebelion to make dramatic changes
    YABBA DABBA DOO

8. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    I've already got my new logo sorted out.

Have A Nice Day

Wazza

9. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #9 Steve275, Feb 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Looks okay to me!

11. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I prefer it. I have never been a fan of the current FOC white background window sticker.

As for Ferrari Spa taking over FOC's I agree with Wazza. It is not a big deal or surprise - Ferrari is no different to other brands. They want to generate more profit from their target audience. To do this they try to manage the marketing thereof. If you join the FOC it is more than obvious that you are labelling youself as the target audience.

As far as benefits go I currently thnk the cost of being in ther FOC is well worth it. I don't care who supplies the letterheads. However, should they increase the fee by 600% or try to prevent us from enjoying/driving the cars together I may change my mind.

Anyway I thought intrusion of driving pleasures was Prescott's job............Do we think he is a member of the Jaguar Owners Club?

12. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I feel uncomfortable with this whole issue of control by Ferrari SPA;

What next, an annual licence fee to be permitted to display prancing horses and 'ferrari' on our cars??

The new logo looks like something an 8 yr old knocked up on CorelDraw in about 2 minutes.

I am not paying £70 p.a. to be a member of a glorified marketing mouthpiece.

FOC worldwide need to make a stand, and distance themselves from the Company.