Orphaned Nero Daytona | FerrariChat

Orphaned Nero Daytona

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Scotty, Feb 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    OK--I wasn't really sure where to post this, but this was my best guest. I was driving over to the local indoor karting track today with a friend, and spotted (as it turns out) a '71 Black Daytona (Euro with covered headlights) in this office building parking lot. As it was Sunday, this car was alone in the lot, and not easy to miss. I wheeled in to check it out, and the owner came out (headed home after a Sunday at the office). Turns out his Dad purchased it new, and he has owned it since about '86. He now has to sell it as he says he is loosing his eyesight, and soon won't be able to drive.

If true, what a tragedy (at lease among Tifosi). In any case, he gave me some business cards in case I might know someone who is interested in purchasing it (I was in my Jeep, but started the conversation by asking if he was a member of the local Ferrari club--which he is not).

So I guess the bottom line is, if anyone here has any interest, e-mail me and I will pass along his name/phone number.

Car is black/black--and it is a driver (looks clean/correct, but certainly not concours).

2. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    how much was he asking for it?

3. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    He said that he had not kept up with market, but was thinking it was worth about 125K. I don't know Daytona prices, but that seemed to be a bit high, although I am sure others on this board would have a much better idea.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's what Sheehan just posted a driver Daytona for $$$$ wise.

Euro headlight treatment would merit that number I would think.
    A "one family" car. Wow.

5. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Too bad you didn't have a camera with you :( That has to be one of my all time favorite F-cars (with the Euro plexi headlights) & in black it's just unreal. Good eye for catching that beauty out in wild :D