612 Video | FerrariChat

612 Video

Discussion in '612/599' started by rai, Feb 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I hadn't seen it. Thanks for posting.

2. Furby

Furby Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Rome, Italy
    The italians make me laugh when they attempt speaking english :D It's the same feeling I get when I hear an american trying to speak Italian :)

His temper flew a bit when he was trying to persuade his guys in italian to start rotating the 612 :D

And more aggressive? The 612 with that front... The 456 gets my vote for being more beautiful, and still a bit more aggressive (I really don't think that the humongous grill makes the 612 look more aggressive). On the technical side the 612 is brilliant (540 horsepower, less weight than the 456, makes the 612 real fast!), but it is just too bad that the styling is so debateable... The grill and those headlamps (I know that Ferrari wants to make the 612 look like a classic, but imho those headlamps add insult to the injury, making the front look even more ugly).

This ofcourse is my opinion, but im sure that everyone will agree on one point, that the styling is debateable.

3. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I love the way he says Sergio Pininfarina and Maserati Quattroporte. His English is far better than my Italian.

I like the look of the new Scag's front end. Especially the new pontoon fenders. You can definitely see the family resemblance in the Maser's grill and the Scag's grill.

I got a kick out of hearing Mercedes blast us dumb Americans for not buying enough Diesels. What ever Wolfgang.

Exciting new cars for 2005.

4. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

To differ, I found it superb in the moving flesh. It's not photogenic but it is decidedly telegenic, which leads me to believe it will be stunning in the live flesh, of course in a restrained 2+2 sense.

I will definitely have one. And I enjoyed Montezemolo's English very much. ;)

5. Furby

Furby Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Rome, Italy
    I agree to some extent, the 612 is better in the video... Still, when comparing the front of the 612 to its predecessor, the 456m, I like the 456m more than the 612. And I liked the original 456 better than the 456 Modificato. Why is it that the design grew worst, from the original 456 (I loved the front), to the 456m (why did they smooth out the front? To make it look more classic?), and finally the 612 (the grill and those headlights :( ).

Montezemolo's english was fine, but it's the italian accent that makes me smile :D

6. rai

rai Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Well some people don't like the style, but in all other ways the 612 is much superior to the 456. Lighter, roomier, more powerful, better handleing, etc..