Valentine One computer modes | FerrariChat

Valentine One computer modes

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RDS, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    I recieved my Valentine One a few days ago and I am unsure of which computer mode I should use. My first thought was to leave it in All-Bogeys mode but I don't know if this is the best way to go. Any suggestions. Thanks--Ron

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    If you leave it in all bogeys mode, at least you have the option to ignore the warning.

If you turn various modes off, you do not have this option.

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
  4. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The mode to use depends on the environment in which you do most of your driving. In Massachusetts and most of New England, nearly all police agencies have done away with X band radar. I leave mine on "L" (the large L) which does not decrease K or Ka band sensitivity, but does kill a large number of warnings for X band. You have the option of reprogramming the V1 to kill ALL X band warnings, but since there are a small handful of local PDs in my region that still use X band, I haven't done that yet.

If you leave it on "A", I suspect that you'll get tired of discovering all the supermarkets, hospitals and strip malls in your area.

vty,

--Dennis

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Agreed with Steve (no surprise there). Use their customization chart. I turned off X-band completely, and then set K to make audible noises at 4 bars. Also, I turned on extra KA-sensitivity, although I'm tempted to turn it off as it produces false-alarms from people who have craptacular radar detectors that leak. I kept it off on my other V1, and it worked fine.

Oh, and if you're not using a remote display, then turn the logic (after programming it) to the little L so that it's got the fewest LEDs on (for night).

--Dan

6. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to experiment when I get it on the road. Thanks---Ron

7. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Dan,

WOW, we are kindred spirits.

>>>....I turned off X-band completely<<<

Me too

>>> and then set K to make audible noises at 4 bars<<<

Me too

>>>Also, I turned on extra KA-sensitivity, although I'm tempted to turn it off...<<<

Turn it off.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

8. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Watch out for new Blazers, new Envoys and a Lincoln or two (the 3rd brake light - when engaged), and Neon signage...........

They put out light in a near enough wave length to set the Laser detector off.

V1 says they have no fix for this false other than to turn off the Laser detect.

You get used to it after a while ( like falses from X Band), but the falses sound just as urgent as the real signal.

JD Atlanta

9. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    I like the 'little L' mode. It's basically the same as 'All Bogeys', but the suspected falses give a muted beep.