4/24/04, ROE UPDATE 2! | FerrariChat

4/24/04, ROE UPDATE 2!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by sjmst, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The DATE HAS BEEN SET , 4/24/04. RAIN DATE 4/25/04.
    Please let me know who would like to go.

UPDATE 2:
    I spoke again to the people at the Winery. They can provide lunch at reasonable cost. Their plan is to offer a BBQ and tour for the price. We should bring our own blankets/ tables/ chairs as we wish, to keep costs down. Don't hold me to this, but we are looking at about $25-30 pp.
    Again, my plan is to arrange for a pre-payment of that. I will post final price and set up a Paypal payment method.
    Still forming ideas as to what to do after the Winery "meet."
    Depending on cost and interest we could go on another ride to a dinner meeting place. Issue there is that we get into expense.
    I am now leaning towards making any post winery meeting/gatherings on your own. However, if there is overwhelming interest in a more organized gathering let me know.
    I will probably post another poll later.
    Sam

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Spring ROE…on the way.
    Hello all:
    Those of you who were there for the Fall ROE know about this, but for others, here’s the basic idea:

As many Ferrari chatters as possible get together for a fun run of their cars to beautiful points east on Long Island…known by some as the Hamptons, others as “the Country” but to we commoners on Long Island as simply “Out East.” Hence the name, Run Out East or ROE (wait, even more cleverness to follow). We meet at a central point, caravan to a winery, then onto another point for lunch.

Now, for some fine tuning for the anticipated second installment, Spring ROE:

GENERAL:

1) The DATE HAS BEEN SET , 4/24/04.

2) Everyone is welcome who is an auto enthusiast with a car they love and is in for a friendly get together, and is not likely to require incarceration,

3) Not just a “Guy” thing (sorry guys). Families, kids, wives, girlfriends (though not wives and girlfriends together; it’s a rally, not demolition derby) are welcome. I think it is important to be non sexist and inclusive (OK, the truth: some of you wouldn’t be allowed out without the wife). If that requires a backup car, so be it. Just keep 20 car lengths behind the “real” cars. JK…sort of.

4) We have interest from other Italian Marques owners (Alfa Romeo & Fiat/Lancia), so this will be more inclusive right off the bat.

5) I am trying to make this as simple as possible for everyone to join and enjoy. Basically Pre-pay (yes, see below) and show up. You will be guided all the rest of the way.

MORE SPECIFIC:

1) We gather at a central meeting place, perhaps off Exit 63 of the LIE as we did last time.

2) We caravan out to a winery, the same one as last time, Galluccio Wineries.
    Once there, the following may take place:
    After lining up the cars on the lawn there is a catered lunch for those who PREPAY.
    Then, there are tours and wine tasting. At the same time, there can be informal people’s choice awards for cars based on various categories. Everyone judges each other’s cars. Photos are taken, including perhaps a group shot of one car representing one of each marque represented at the ROE.

3) The next portion is a caravan to other points out east. The final destination will be the dinner gathering, where winners of the judging will be announced. Again, the plan is to have this prepaid.

4) There has been talk of adding a “charity” component to this. That is, give folks the OPTION of contributing to a worthy cause. My initial thought is to contribute to a Hospital, in this case “mine” in NJ. That can be done through a Journal ad by this group, and or raffle ticket purchases. This is purely optional, but it seems would add a nice touch to the event for little money.

THOUGHTS/ IDEAS/ HELP

1) Thoughts on this in these early stages are welcome. Fellow F Chatter Barney has already told me he will work on this with me, as we had worked together for Fall ROE. At a point soon, he and I will have to simply make some decisions and present for people interested, but for now, please offer any ideas or comments.

2) Bruce, I know you have developed a master list. If you, (or anyone) know a good way to reach more people to inform them of this, please tell me.

That’s all for now. More to come.
    Sam

2. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Ok sounds good so far. Keep the updates coming.

Thanks for everything

Keith

3. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Dear Sam:

Do you think you can send me a more in detail description of the event with towns that will be traveled through and the town were the winery is. Also please let me know around what time this is expected to start and anything else you feel is necessary. I am trying to get a whole bunch of cars to tag along from a few exotic car clubs so they needed this information from me.

Thanks again

Keith

P.S You can send it to me through e mail at [email protected]

4. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Keith, you should have mail...Sam

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    UPDATE 3:
    It looks like it WILL be less than $30 PP which includes the BBQ at the winery. I hope to know for sure in a few days. Once that is available, other full details will follow.
    Sam
    PS: Rain date will be 4/25.

UPDATE 2:
    I spoke again to the people at the Winery. They can provide lunch at reasonable cost. Their plan is to offer a BBQ and tour for the price. We should bring our own blankets/ tables/ chairs as we wish, to keep costs down. Don't hold me to this, but we are looking at about $25-30 pp.
    Again, my plan is to arrange for a pre-payment of that. I will post final price and set up a Paypal payment method.
    Still forming ideas as to what to do after the Winery "meet."
    Depending on cost and interest we could go on another ride to a dinner meeting place. Issue there is that we get into expense.
    I am now leaning towards making any post winery meeting/gatherings on your own. However, if there is overwhelming interest in a more organized gathering let me know.
    I will probably post another poll later.
    Sam

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Spring ROE…on the way.
    Hello all:
    Those of you who were there for the Fall ROE know about this, but for others, here’s the basic idea:

As many Ferrari chatters as possible get together for a fun run of their cars to beautiful points east on Long Island…known by some as the Hamptons, others as “the Country” but to we commoners on Long Island as simply “Out East.” Hence the name, Run Out East or ROE (wait, even more cleverness to follow). We meet at a central point, caravan to a winery, then onto another point for lunch.

Now, for some fine tuning for the anticipated second installment, Spring ROE:

GENERAL:

1) The DATE HAS BEEN SET , 4/24/04.

2) Everyone is welcome who is an auto enthusiast with a car they love and is in for a friendly get together, and is not likely to require incarceration,

3) Not just a “Guy” thing (sorry guys). Families, kids, wives, girlfriends (though not wives and girlfriends together; it’s a rally, not demolition derby) are welcome. I think it is important to be non sexist and inclusive (OK, the truth: some of you wouldn’t be allowed out without the wife). If that requires a backup car, so be it. Just keep 20 car lengths behind the “real” cars. JK…sort of.

4) We have interest from other Italian Marques owners (Alfa Romeo & Fiat/Lancia), so this will be more inclusive right off the bat.

5) I am trying to make this as simple as possible for everyone to join and enjoy. Basically Pre-pay (yes, see below) and show up. You will be guided all the rest of the way.

MORE SPECIFIC:

1) We gather at a central meeting place, perhaps off Exit 63 of the LIE as we did last time.

2) We caravan out to a winery, the same one as last time, Galluccio Wineries.
    Once there, the following may take place:
    After lining up the cars on the lawn there is a catered lunch for those who PREPAY.
    Then, there are tours and wine tasting. At the same time, there can be informal people’s choice awards for cars based on various categories. Everyone judges each other’s cars. Photos are taken, including perhaps a group shot of one car representing one of each marque represented at the ROE.

3) The next portion is a caravan to other points out east. The final destination will be the dinner gathering, where winners of the judging will be announced. Again, the plan is to have this prepaid.

4) There has been talk of adding a “charity” component to this. That is, give folks the OPTION of contributing to a worthy cause. My initial thought is to contribute to a Hospital, in this case “mine” in NJ. That can be done through a Journal ad by this group, and or raffle ticket purchases. This is purely optional, but it seems would add a nice touch to the event for little money.

THOUGHTS/ IDEAS/ HELP

1) Thoughts on this in these early stages are welcome. Fellow F Chatter Barney has already told me he will work on this with me, as we had worked together for Fall ROE. At a point soon, he and I will have to simply make some decisions and present for people interested, but for now, please offer any ideas or comments.

2) Bruce, I know you have developed a master list. If you, (or anyone) know a good way to reach more people to inform them of this, please tell me.

That’s all for now. More to come.
    Sam[/QUOTE]

6. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Sam.
    Wondering what time roughly this will start.
    Im considering taking the ferry over to Port Jeff from Bridgeport.
    Thanks, Dave

7. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Mid to Early AM. Depending on how many cars we get, will determine where we start, but I am thinking around 9 or 10.

BTW, just took my car out for a nice run. Up the Cross Island and back down. There are some fun off and on ramps, but unfortunately, slow cars in front of me kept the speed down. When the Mondial wails up to red line, I have to remind myself that this is the SLOW Ferrari.

8. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    There are no slow Ferraris -- only slow drivers ... usually staring into their rear-view saying "What the..." as you bear down on them. :)

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sam,

Please count me in. Given my work schedule, I can never commit definitively, but will make every effort to participate. Out of curiosity, would you happen to know the current headcount, and also the split betweeen F-Cars and non-F-Cars attending?

Also, can somebody refresh my memory, and provide an indication of how long the drive is from NYC (Westside) to Exit 63, LIE, assuming typical Saturday morning traffic? Just want to know how much time I will have to budget.

Thanks.

10. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Hi: Hope you can make it. I would say we have about 15-20 people for sure, but I have not formally put out requests for RSVP yet. Based on what I am hearing, will be quite a bit more. Also, I would expect mostly f cars, but we may have a strong Viper turnout.
    Takes about 1.5 hours to exit 63.
    Sam

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sounds good. Will probably come up in a group with those going from around here. We'll wait to hear the details from you, as the date nears.