Price Check -- Euro 360? | FerrariChat

Price Check -- Euro 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by MadMaxx, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    What is a 99 Euro 360 going for these days? Prices seem to be all over the map so far when I'm searching.

MM

2. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    About two weeks ago, I was quoted $115k for a '99 Red/Tan 6-speed Euro coupe w/ around 11k miles on it.

A '99 Red/Tan F1 Canadian -> US converted car (is that Euro?) with a salvage title history (i.e. somewhat bad news) just went for $105k on eBay last week.

That should give you some idea...

3. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Salvage went for 105? Sheesh...

James

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Unless Ferrari has an assembly plant elsewhere, aren't all Ferraris euro cars ? It has always been queer to me that US-spec cars command more than euro-spec cars when it should be the opposite. I would rather have a car as designed for Italy rather than one that had changes engineered into it as demanded by US government agencies such as the DOT and EPA.

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Yeah, the Euro cars are lighter than the US ones.

It makes sense when they're new (since you lose the warranty of the US car); but once the warranty is expired, the persisting lower price on Euros is just a bargain IMO.

6. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
  7. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Actually, on this note, I have a question about Euro vs. US cars:

I've always thought that they're basically the exact same things with a few parts changed here and there for the whole EPA/DOT certification.

Today, I spoke with someone over at Classic Coach -- one of the most respected f-car repair shops in the country -- and asked about buying a Euro car. They told me flat out "Stick with US cars. It's difficult to find parts for Euro conversion cars, and you don't want the headache."

Now when a dealer tells me that, I'll take it with a grain of salt, but these guys are supposedly "independant" and should be relatively unbiased. Are they pulling my chain? What's the deal?

8. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    I have a Euro 2001 360 Spider originally owned by Schumi's manager Willi Weber. The car is awesome and was converted by Dick Fritz at Amerispec back east. The car had 1800 miles and is mint. It was not titled and that was a headache. Always buy a car that has a title. Putnam leasing will now do Euro leasing on titled car if it is a clean car no stories. I have had the car for three weeks and in that time among all the phrases for the cars beauty no has every noticed it is a Euro car. The average, above average car nut can not tell. Especially not the hot blond waving to me on PCH yesterday. Go for the Euro. You have an awesome car and about $50,000 reason in your pocket telling you did the right thing. Now were to spend all that extra money?

9. TZL

TZL Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2003
    Atherton, CA
    That is way too high, my friend just bought a 1999 US Modena, 6 spd, with 10k miles for < $119k.

I would say a Euro 360 should be worth $100k-105k max for a 1999.