short video of my yellow stradale in a tunnel | FerrariChat

short video of my yellow stradale in a tunnel

Discussion in '360/430' started by 720, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'm still breaking in my stradale. I have about 300 miles on it now :) I don't believe in babying a car during the break in period, but I don't believe in going nuts the first 600 miles either.

Although I only have 300 miles on the stradale I can tell already that it is by far the best car that I've ever driven. Period. The 360 modena is great also, but the stradale is spectacular. Tight, crisp, glued to the road, solid, great exhaust sounds and yet comfortable to drive around town. What a car :)

Btw, if you can view this video clip I was in race mode up to about 6000 RPMs (I'm still breaking it in and there was traffic ahead of me). But you can get a sense of how it sounds :) very good! I will make more videos in tunnels, etc. in a couple of weeks after I break in the engine completely. Then I'll blast it up to 8500 RPMs :) I can't wait to hear that!

2. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Awesome - enjoy her in good health

I was left hanging for more than 11 seconds.. Great noise

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    dammit the file isnt working on my pc ! :(

4. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Very nice, I can't wait to hear her full song.

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Won't work on mine either. Damn! :(

6. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    try to right click and save as.

8. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    sorry for the problems viewing the video clip :( i use a mac and i'm not quite sure how to make these videos in a format that everybody can view easily. but another f-chat user (test shoot cam) posted the video in several different formats. give them a try at
    http://www.testshoot.com/ferrari/

9. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    Careful it is addictive – especially downshifts – there is more to come; you have not seen what the car can do if you shift at redline

10. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I have a PC and ran the clip using quicktime - it works fine :)

11. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i used to love pushing my 360 F1 modenas to the limit and then shifting. it was a blast. even downshifting was a blast. BUT i can tell already that the stradale (especially in race mode) is 100 times more exciting. i am very satisfied with the exhaust note, and i'm hoping that it will get even better as things start to break in. of course i wish it had the extra sound of the euro stradale, but regardless it is spectacular and i could not be happier! it is the best car i have ever driven. it's hard to imagine how ferrari is ever going to top this car! but you can bet they will try ;)

12. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    quick question. maybe this has been discussed before, but i missed it. i noticed that the tips of the exhaust pipes are different material than what i had on my modena. the modena had chrome tips (as i recall), but the stradale's are not polished. they look good, but different than the modena.

13. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

yes I wondered too - looks more Titanium colored - not sure what the coating is but I assume it protects the tips from discoloring from heat

note that little U bridge that keep the pipes together - mine broke and started to make loud noises - one of the fixes I currently get done - no car :-(

14. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Rick,
    Glad to hear that you're enjoying the car. The car sounds fantastic. I can't wait for my car to arrive!

Regards,
    Chris

15. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Very cool......enjoy!

16. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Great video!

I want to start doing some Rendevous-esque filming this summer. I've seen the little suction cup cameras that mount under the bumper. Has anyone tried these before? Also, where is the best place to "mic" your car to get the best sound?

17. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i'm sure if you pursue this idea that you'll figure out the best way to get the results you want. let us know once you figure things out. it would be a blast to make these types of videos in a more professional manner. i wouldn't thin that a suction cup would be secure enough on a bumper though. but i'm sure you can find a better way. keep me posted. my email is [email protected]

18. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I agree on the suction cups sounding kind of sketchy. But there was an outfit at the LA Auto Show marketing them and they swore they stuck until overt 100 mph. Who knows... I'm going to experiment starting this summer and will post the results.

19. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I haven't posted in awhile, but great to return to see your CS!

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    i thought quicktime only played .mov files and this was savd under.mpg ??

Anyway , That sound is awesome !! Im sure you cant wait for the car to be fully broken in..neither we :)

21. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Your car sounds awesome and I am looking forward to seeing and hearing more about the car :)

22. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Waaaauw!
    Sounds fantastic!
    Only downside = too short clip! :) More, more,...!
    Search for longer tunnels! :)
    Enjoy your car! That won't be a problem I guess!

(BTW I've also read your a Mac user? So you've got a good taste in cars and computers! Damn' PC-stuff! :) )

23. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Rick I can feel your excitement. It is a fabulous car and will give you enjoyment for a long time to come. The sound is intoxicating. ENJOY!!!!

24. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario

Wow, that was fun..thanks for the ride :)

25. djoex

djoex Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe Yeung
    i totally love how your car sounds... how does a normal 360 sound?? is there a lot of difference?? i wonder how an enzo or carrera gt would sound in a tunnel?