PA, NJ, DE. do we need our own region?? | FerrariChat

PA, NJ, DE. do we need our own region??

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you like to see a PA, NJ, DE Tri-State Region?

1. YES! We need one!!

2. NOPE! NY Tri State is plenty good enough.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Hello again,

So, I wander around the sites regional areas, and don't really seem to see a region for us. PA, South Jersey and Delaware are the PA Tri-State Area.

Do we need a PA Tri State Region?

The NY TRI-state Region mostly organizes stuff pretty far to the north of here, and I know there are lots of people down this way with cars, and, of course, agendas.

What do you all think?

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I have noticed the same thing. I've been more active with the NYC metro area guys simply because there seems to be more of them and they're always doing things. I am much closer in distance to the Philly area though. If there is enough interest in it then maybe we could put something together. It would be nice to not have to drive 2 1/2 to 3 hours for every event.

3. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    count me in.

4. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Maybe you could PM your local buddies and get them to reply here.

It will add weight to the discussion if we can get a feel for how many Phila area people there are.

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    As a Phildelphia suburbs guy, you can me in too. It would be great to have some local events. I rarely see another Ferrari on the road.

6. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Put me down as well. I don't check the tri-state board that much because most of the time things are hours away from me here in delaware county. It would make it easier to plan events or even get togethers for that reason. Alxlee why didn't you chime in yet?:)
    Erik

7. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    It makes sense to have a philly section if there are enough to make it worthwhile.

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Only way to make sure of that is to get as many locals as possible to respond. So, tell your freinds to weigh in.

Rob says he'll listen if enough people are interested.

Dave

9. Modena 360

Modena 360 Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Central Pa
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'd be interested. I live in central Pa and Philly would be alot closer than NY.
    Thanks,
    Tom

10. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Cause I didn't see the thread til just now Erik! I'm all in for a PA/DE/NJ section!

Also a little bit more for the people in this area.

OK, a little background about myself. I previously ran a 300ZX (MY90-96 Only) club that stretched from Maine to Florida (www.ECZA.org). I gave up my position in the club about a year ago, but have a slight itching to put together something else for the more specialized cars. (I'm not talking about Neon's with high wings either. Responsible drivers too.) I wanted to model something after the AutoZotica group out in California but have it with the informal aspects of the Crystal Cove meets. That's a bit more difficult as it seems the demographics are quite different on the West Coast than the East Coast. There seem to be a lot more exotics, specialized cars as well as better climate for such cars.

Previously, I have put together events that included a morning dyno session, followed by a car show, then a drive through the Brandywine Valley (PA Route 100/1 area) and ending with dinner.

I'd really like to put something together for this bunch around here. Among the ideas I had was that there is a Ronald McDonald House in this area and perhaps there is something we can do for them? Algar Ferrari is also within an hours drive and maybe they'd be willing to host a coffee hour one day? How about a group drive to the beach (the shore for you NJ and PA residents) or even Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Of course, there's also the Atlantic City runs you guys seem to love.

I propose we start with something as small as a lunch meeting to see what we have in the area. How about the first weekend of spring (March 20 or 21st)? The Concord Pike area in Delaware is very easily accessible to New Jersey, PA and Maryland residents and there are many restaurants to choose from, but since this is Ferrarichat, I propose the Olive Garden!

I suggest we invite the following: Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus, Porsche, BMW M Series, Audi S Series, Mercedes AMG, etc... (I think you guys get the idea)

Any takers?

11. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I propose we start with something as small as a lunch meeting to see what we have in the area. How about the first weekend of spring (March 20 or 21st)? The Concord Pike area in Delaware is very easily accessible to New Jersey, PA and Maryland residents and there are many restaurants to choose from, but since this is Ferrarichat, I propose the Olive Garden!

I suggest we invite the following: Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus, Porsche, BMW M Series, Audi S Series, Mercedes AMG, etc... (I think you guys get the idea)

Any takers?[/QUOTE]

OK, works for me, I think. I'll be in the 911 as the DINO is in permanent "repair mode" right now. Maybe I'll get lucky and Algar will finish it up before then.

Or, can I rumble on down in my '74 TR6? Granted, it's not exactly an exotic, but it sure is fun for a spin now and again.

Well, either way, I'm in. keep us posted on details.

Dave

12. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Alxlee --

A group of us were talking about getting people together in Atlantic City for March 20th but if there's enough response and interest, maybe we can get together somewhere else if people would rather meet up somewhere other than Atlantic City. Doesn't make a difference to me, personally. I'd like to meet as many people and see as many cars as I can, doesn't make a difference where it happens.

Anybody have any suggestions here?

13. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Kevin.

I know I was in on the A/C run. But, a run to Wilmington would be a heck of a lot easier for me to make.

Maybe save the AC run for a little bit warmer weather?

Dave

14. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I'm in for anything. My parents are building a house in Chadds Ford, PA so I will be up in that area a lot more often. Plus, I went to high school in Wilmington so I know that area really well. The roads are great!

15. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Where did you go to high school?

16. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Salesianum

17. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I wasn't aware that was the day that you guys decided on for AC. Well, let's get feedback from everyone and see what we end up with.

18. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hey, like I said that's cool if we get a group of people somewhere other than AC.

Dave, you have a good point about waiting until the warmer weather since we would be right near the beach and all...

And Olive Garden sounds like an excellent choice!

19. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Enough of this Olive Garden stuff! When my parents are done building their house we'll cook all of you guys a real Italian dinner! It would be fun. :)

20. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    I'm all for a Wilmington run on that weekend and saving AC for warmer weather.

21. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I'm in for whatever is picked. Gus you know I like to eat!!!! You sure your family can handle it? :)
    Erik

22. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Just wondering, are the "nope" answers coming from Philadelphia area folks, or those edgy guys from the NYC area. Since we have more votes than posts, maybe some of the no voters could clarify why they think we don't need one.

Dave

23. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Trust me, we can handle it! We have a huge extended family so we're used to cooking for an army. Both of my parents love to cook. We have to set somthing up after the house is completed. It would be great to have all of you come over with some cars. As they say, watch this space.

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

We could do a cook out or in at my house later in the season. Lots of noisy cars parked in my neighborhood would be enough to put most of my neighbors into cardiac arrest.

I'd be willing to pop for the keg, in a beverage of the collective car guys choice, in order to see their reaction.

They already don't appreciate my taste in cars, so, I say, "The more the merrier, bring 'em on!"

Pluse, we've got a couple of pretty nice stretches of driving road nearby, including the test route the guys at Algar take when they are tuning cars.

25. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hey Gus, Chicken Marsala is my favorite dish...if you're making that, I'll be over! :)