How do people react to your ferrari II | FerrariChat

How do people react to your ferrari II

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Prancing_Horse, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Well i loved the topic so much, i made a sequel.
    Tell us some new stories you have.
    It doesnt have to be a ferrari. lambo is good too

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    On Saturday I got a big smile and a thumbs up from an oncoming motorist. It was a nice change from the reactions I've gotten in the past here in South Jersey (middle finger). :)

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    GARY GREEN

4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

I was in Yorkville having an Ice cream with my wife and I went to the car (TR)because I noticed I left the door ajar and this pretty decent looking woman with a freind asked me if I needed a Ferrari because I was lacking in other departments. Little did I know my wife was behind me and heard and slammed her back by saying...."Its obviuos you have never seen a 12cylinder engine or 12 inch D$&K before, and you probably never will you poor thing"

After I stopped laughing with her, Im glad she was quick with the line, never had anyone slam me before with the car, especially on a sunday afternoon eating an ice cream minding my own biz.

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    People suck. Period. Great response by your wife though. :)

Hey Bruce, why don't you tell everyone about the time when the guy at the gas station thought your yellow TR was a Mustang! LOL!

6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I love it when poeple think my $7,500 Porsche 924 is worth over 100K!
    "Wow man, you are so lucky."
    Sweet car, I wish I could afford a Porsche."
    How fast is it, I bet it goes 200MPH!"
    "That must be the newest one!"
    "That must be the oldest Porsche ever!"

Hehehehe. I don't say to much, I just get in and smile.

I had a friend who bashed the car after I bought it {he was pumping me to buy it to begin with} Then he said he wanted to race it against his Integra. I said ok {knowing I would be hard pressed to keep up with a 2 year old car. Mine was 26 years old at the time}. Just as we were getting off the on ramp, POW! He gets a flat. I keep on driving, it is a race after all. And no, I didn't return any of his phone calls. What a Focker!

7. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

8. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #8 62 250 GTO, Feb 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

9. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Ugh!! Why not encourage more posts to the original thread... we don't want to proliferate lots of separate ones...

Rob, how about a merge & purge?

The original thread (one of my favorite ever) is here!

10. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
  11. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells

WHAT! 7,5k! is it a real 924 C gt?

12. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Replica, replica! Take a breath!

13. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells

phew! (wipes forehead)

14. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    From the side, you can tell by the rocker panels and the 4 bolt wheels.
    Goto my site page 3 to see real and replica Carreras, as well as other great cars.
    www.cardomain.com/id/porsche924

15. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

When I got my 360 I never heard the end of it from my girlfriend. It became fuel for almost every argument...........she's gone now, I'll miss her ;)

16. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    I assume that you mean that the girlfriend is gone now. The tune sounds eerily familiar. What fascinating arguments did she come up with? My ex used to accuse me that I had my cars and motorcycles and other stuff to pick up girls with, nothing could be further from the truth. She knew I didn't like that line so whenever she wanted to make me mad she'd not-so subtly drop it.

17. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    I spent a day driving a 328 back in 89. I drove the car from Potomac Maryland over to some small town in Virginia to have lunch with friends. I remember being boxed in a lot on 495, passengers craning their necks to look. After lunch, I returned to the car which I had parked outside of a restaurant and noticed a gaggle of women sitting in the outdoor part of the restaurant. Odd thing instead of facing each other they were all facing the car. I, being around 19 years old was only concerned with not stalling the car in front of the spectators.

I did not.

A few weeks ago I was in a silver Murcielago putting around Los Angeles. I was like being a rockstar. People shouting from moving cars, asking for jobs, and finally one guy managing to tell me most of his life story before the light turned green.

18. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    Last year I took my son to the US Grand Prix in Indianapolis for his 15th birthday in the new (to us) 328. We parked at the FCA parking just across from the track at the American Legion hall. Now, you may recall that last season's driver's championship was pretty close, and could have ended at this race, with Michael, Kimi, and Juan Pablo in close contention. As it turns out, there was a large Columbian presence in support of Juan Pablo, and they were justifiably elated that he had qualified ahead of Michael.

Afterwards, we pulled out into the very crowded main drag along the track, and an SUV full of Montoya fans pulled up, apparently Columbian, with their Williams hats and jackets on and their Columbian flag hanging out the window. It was bumper-to-bumper traffic, so we were along side each other for a good 5 minutes or more. Well, these fellows lost no opportunity to let us know how our respective guys did, and they were all leaning over to my side of their vehicle, pointing to the Ferrari, and yelling "Lo-ser, lo-ser, lo-ser," while the driver sounded the horn in a "1, 2, 3 & 4" tempo. It was all in fun, and I gave them a wave, saying "Your guys had a good day." We parted at the light, and as they drove off, my son pointed out that all the while they were taunting us they had been taking pictures of the car as well.

Although I didn't see this group again, suffice it to say that the Williams and Montoya fans were much more subdued after the conclusion of the following day's race.

19. YellowMaranello

Jan 7, 2004
    Mount Holly, NJ
    Full Name:
    Pete Gold

You're just driving in the wrong part of South Jersey is all. ;) Come up my way and the reactions would be significantly better.

20. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Each of the four bright red sportscars I have owned were called something other than what they were. My three Ferraris were called Mustangs because of the horse emblem and my Acura NSX-T was commonly referred to as a Corvette.
    The most comical situation I was in was in Arkansas in 1994 when this elderly gentleman mistook my 348ts for a Mustang GT. He said " I like your car." "Thanks." I was busy fueling up for another leg of my trip through the Ozarks. He comes around me and said " Yep, my buddy Ol Jim bought his wife of 35 years one of them for their 35th wedding anniversary not too long ago." I replied with something like " that's great, she is a lucky gal ..." and went on cleaning my windshield. He strolls around the front of the Ferrari and stops dead in his tracks. " Yeah, Ol Jim paid too much for it in my opinion and I stopped him finally and asked this question. " Sir, how much did Ol Jim pay ?" He promptly replied " $ 24,ooo.oo and I think he got the blunt end of the stick." Then I knew exactly what to say and it was ... " Sir come over here please, what does the badge on the nose say?" He spells it out loud . " F E R R A ....!!! OH MY GOSH !!! and all this time I thought this car was a Ford Mustang." "Son, please forgive me ... I have just insulted your car."
    Another time was when I drove to Palm Beach, Florida in my 355b and a cop passes me, flips the lights on and makes a U turn in the middle of the street and I come to a stop.
    "Howdy officer, what can I do for you ?" " I was creeping along looking for the entrance of this hotel " and he said, "would you please take a photo of me sitting in your car so I can show my fiance?" By then I was relieved that no sitation was in sight for <driving TOO SLOW in a Ferrari > and I found my camera and snapped his picture a few times. I asked him to stop at the desk tomorrow and I would have the roll developed and he could pick them up.
    Well it was around midnight and very dark where we were standing. When I got the photos back from EZ Print all I could see was his bright teeth and the roof of the Ferrari. I left the photos at the front desk and I guess he came and picked them up. I left there the next morning and headed to The Cavallino Classic.

21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    During my seat time in a 328, I was cruising along with traffic on the freeway and a Hispanic kid in an '86-90 Mustang with slicks and straight pipes came blazing up and cut me off - trying to be 2f2f style - and then sped off like a maniac. I was kind of puzzled, but I hope he enjoyed it.

Riding shotgun in my friend's 355, I was surprised as some teenage girls ran up to the window at a light and started flirting... I didn't realize that exotics really can pick up chicks and it can be that easy! My wife laughed when I told her and said she's happy the car only had two seats anyway. But every other time we stopped for gas, someone would walk up and ask questions.

22. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    '82 308 red/tan;

3 High School cheerleaders in Colorado springs having a car wash, holding up signs in median at red light; just stood and stared at car, couldn't even ask if I wanted a wash.

"nice Porsche" from and older European man at hotel in Albuquerque; told him it was a Ferrari "ah, Schumacher!!" came his reply.

"does it always sound like that?" my 15 year old niece on getting ride around the block.

Kid in a Jeep CJ almost fell out his door turning to watch be drive by.

Las Vegas strip: too many comments to document; went to upper class restaurant in Vegas to get a good steak, had dress code which we didn't meet (you just don't carry good clothes in a 308); told them we wore a Ferrari to Vegas from Colorado - had a GREAT dinner.

Green River Utah, early evening, ice cream stand, BS'ing with owner and truck driver. Joked about being mistaken for drug runners, told them you couldn't carry a lot of drugs in a little 308. Owner told us exactly how much 'Coke' a 308 could hold - turns out he was ex-cop!

Local every Saturday car show in Colorado Springs; guy comes up with his girl-friend, she's almost in tears; explains she is Italian, just moved to America, and the Ferrari was making her homesick.

Flagstaff, AZ, Denny's, wearing red jacked w/Marlboro/Scuderia F1 patch and large Ferreri Owners Club patch on opposit side (car out of view). A somewhat 'lowlife' looking couple with their kids in booth next to me. Wife keeps looking my way, finally asks what king of F car I own. I say '1982 308" and shes asks, without missing a beat, "GTSi or GTBi?". Seems she can't remeber a time when her Dad didn't have a Ferrari.

Giant Truck stop E of Gallup, NM 3 State Police cars parked at cafe with a space between them, which I took - 2 cops cars, Ferrari and another cop car, wish I had taken a pic!

Seligman, AZ Rt 66 during the anniversary, large European tourist bus, quite a few comments.

Gas station, Winslow AZ, mini-van with family, on vacation: kid: Daddy! Daddy! a Ferrari!!!" Dad: "yea, yea, get in the van", with obvious look of envy on his face

.....and too many more to remember

23. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I went through the same thing with my girlfriend. But we were able to reach a compromise. There are a lot of loser guys who make it seem that the only people who drive Ferrari's are out to pick up chicks. I just love the feel of my Ferrari's. It's too bad you couldn't work things out. My girlfriend and now both love taking drives in my Ferrari now.

24. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Years ago when I was business school, I met the woman who's now my wife. Neither of us were making a lot of money but that was normal for being in school. On our second date, we were sitting outside on a restaurant patio and we saw a shiny new Honda CBR929RR pull up in front of us. I mentioned that it was a pretty cool bike. My wife made a slightly negative comment about motorcycles. Right then I took the opportunity to let her know something very important:

"I don't know when it will be but at some point in my life, there will be two things in my garage - a Ducati Superbike and a Ferrari. If that's going to be a problem, then we can stop dating right now."

It's very strange that the conversation came up as early as it did but every time I reach for the keys I know that my being able to own a couple of Ducatis and the F355 was made much easier by that conversation.

BTW, that's just about the only thing that I seem have a say in around here. :)

25. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I just remembered another instance. Last summer, while sitting in the left turning lane at a red light, I watched a guy in a pickup truck rear-end the guy in front of him while looking at my car. I can't believe I forgot that one!