FerrariChat.com Community Vote: Gary Green requests reinstatement... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Community Vote: Gary Green requests reinstatement...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should Gary Green be reinstated as a user?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Rob,

In all seriousness I am concerned that Mr Green feels it so important for him to be able to post on this site again. While it is a great chat site it should not be everything in somebodies life (except maybe you), thus for his own health I think he should not be allowed on, and hopefully he will find a better thing to do with his idle time ...

BTW: I post while working ... to reduce the boredom ... ;)

Pete

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I say give him another chance, no one is beyond redemption.

If he is truly sincere, make him pay penance by paying a sizable monetary donation to FChat ( 'sizable' to be determined by you, Rob), and if he accepts your offer, give him a trial period.

If he flounders in any way, ban him for life.

'Money talks, BS walks!'

Make him show his sincerity!!

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
  5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
  6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
  7. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    If I recall, 99% of his posts were not related to Ferrari in any way... so I'm not even sure why he was here in the first place (possibly a wrong turn on Google?). They were just arbitrary, meaningless questions.

Perhaps he should be encouraged to visit some other sites rather than F-Chat... he'll probably be happier and fit in better in the long run anyway. So maybe he should consider his misfortune at F-Chat as actually being "lucky". Anybody have suggestions?

8. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Edit: Oops, another double post...

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Folks, I'm guessing here, but I suspect that what Rob is trying to do is to move away from ad hoc gatekeepers to a more systemized approach. In the past, F-Chat has relied upon folks like Bruce (and who could forget Matt) to zap trolls before they became embarrassing pimples (sorry, couldn't help myself). While effective most of the time, one problem is that the gatekeepers's responses would then erupt into a flame war and the road goes on forever. So maybe this upfront approach might be more effective if Rob can figure out a way to zap banned trolls who use different names.

Dr "Zapper" Tax

10. DeWitt

DeWitt Rookie

Jan 29, 2004
    Denver CO - St Louis
    Full Name:
    Paul DeWitt
    He probably cannot re-register unless he connects though a different IP or goes through a proxy server to mask his IP. This messageboard program, VBulletin, bans by default via IP, not user-name. I am familiar with previous versions of VBulletin, and they ban via IP. The Admin, though, can set-up the program to his tastes.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Use to be useful, but not anymore with dynamic IP's. About 50% are nowadays.

I don't think that profile Wayne posted is Mr. Green. However, it is another user with multiple id's and an even better story if I could tell it yet. :D

12. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    No. He was annoying.

13. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    He was causing trouble just two weeks ago under the guise of Gary Gladstone. Why invite trouble?

14. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    There is an old saying that leopards never change their spots.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Poll closes in about 10 minutes and then I'll unstick and close the thread. The community has spoken. Gary Green has just one last comment...

Dear F-chat community,

I am sorry for my past behavior on F-chat, If I offended any of you it was out of my own Ignorance. Hopefully in the future you will give me another chance. For those that voted for me in the polls, I just wanted to express my gratitude to you. For those that voted against me I hold no hostility towards you.

Hopefully in the future are paths will meet again, Until then be safe and enjoy.

Mr. Gary Green