Koenigsegg in Guinness Book of World Records | FerrariChat

Koenigsegg in Guinness Book of World Records

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by triXXXter, Feb 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    just got this off of their website. Hmmmm... replacing the F1

"Koenigsegg has received a Guinness Record for the most powerful production car in the world. Koenigsegg is replacing the Mclaren F1 for this record!

Christian v. Koenigsegg said he is happy that Guinness has recognized the CC and that he will strive for the official top speed record as well."

2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    What a joke. I think they've built what..........2 of them. If two cars is the criteria then they come up short.

The Dauer 962 LM of which I think 8 or 9 were built had over 700 hp in street legal form.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    ww.flatoutracing.net

3. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I think there are at least three. I've heard of a silver one, a red one, and a black one... but they could be repainting the same car. Its all a conspiricy! ;)

Won't that, waste of materials and work, Bugatti Veyron thingy beat it though?! I'm skepitcal a Konisegg will beat a McLaren F1... especually around a track.

4. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    The Bugatti.........well by the time it goes into production the average soccer mom mini van will do the 1/4 mile in 12 flat and have a top speed of 175 mph.

Let's be honest, VW has been touting this car for 5 years now and we still haven't seen a running example except at Laguna and that had a VW engine it was rumored.

I call all these cars "Vapor" cars. They make all these great announcements and the cars just disappear.

The F1 is still king at 240 mph.

Even if the Bugatti beats it.......it will be hard to verify. It's so freakin ugly no one will be able to stand to look at it long enough to veryify the 250+ claim.

Regards,

Jon

5. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    They have delivered 8 so far. And the factory retains a complete one as well as two partial chassis that are test mules. The factory car had done over 20,000 miles by summer 2001. I wouldn't be surprise if it does beat the McLaren F1...they have 10 years of technology on McLaren F1s.

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    There was a silver Koenigsegg in the last Gumball Rally that I was lucky enough to see in person when they came through New Orleans.

When they left the hotel they were staying in (Windsor Court) I saw the Koenigsegg leave last. I followed the Koenigsegg and a black Murcielago for about 20 minutes.

I will try to see if I can find some pics later on tonight...

7. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Wow, that must have been the greatest 20 minutes!! A sound-clip would be amazing, the two of them under hard acceleration... I could only dream. Marvelous!

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Also, the night they got in I was able to gain access to the parking garage for some up close and personal looks at the cars. The Konigsegg had its rear bonnett taken off, and I snapped some great pics.

I took the pics with a former roomate's digital camera. He now lives in San Diegeo. I just sent him an email asking for the pics and I will post them the second I get them:)

9. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
  10. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Don't believe it.

There has been no documnetation of the koneiswgereret officially achieving 250mph with independant witnesses available to vouch for the koeneigegegere manufactuer.

Plus. It's super UN-reliable. dodgey swedes. lol.

11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Why do you say that?

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Basically it has what a Supercharged 4.6 V8 Ford right? I guess Ligenfelter's 427 TT V8 with 800 hp doesn't count.

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Watch out for the Genava auto show...
    Koenigsegg will be presenting the CCR.

I really don't know what it will look like ..same say it will look quite the same as the CC 8S but with a better engine and a spoiler and some say the CCR is a racing car for LeMans.

Lets wait and see!

14. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

and a supercharger :D ;)