Silver '87 328GTS at FoS | FerrariChat

Silver '87 328GTS at FoS

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by kiesan, Feb 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Hey anyone know any details on this car in their showroom? Miles? How much $$$? www.ferrariofseattle.com seems to be inop.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I remember the asking price as around $52k or so, and the car had high 40k miles or even 50k miles. It appeared quite nice on their website, and if it is typical of their usual preparation for sale on an older car, I am sure they had the wheels refinished, interior bits replaced and seat leather replaced, and door panels refinished. They set a pretty high standard for the older 308's and 328's they sell. Of course all the services will be up to date.

3. jbrosseau

jbrosseau Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    kirkland,wa
    Full Name:
    joe brosseau
    i have seen the car in person when i was looking at their TR's a couple weeks age. very pretty car. great shape. but like Dave said they are proud of their older cars. but they are always willing to play around with their asking prices.

4. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    since the dealership is 4 blocks from my home i always check out the inventory...
    ...the silver car you are referring to looks pretty well kept except for some pretty significant door bottom gap problem...especially on the drivers door bottom gap..

5. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Yeah I thought something might be up with it. Just looking through the showroom window when they were closed I thought I saw evidence of masking and/or paintwork.

6. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    on the contrary...i don't think there was any evidence of paitwork or masking of any type...it has been a few weeks since i have seen the car though..

if you are seriously interested, i can wonder down to the dealership and go over the paint, etc..for you..

just let me know...wm. c.

206-322-2657

7. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    What I thought I saw (from 15 feet through the window) was around the black strip "divider" that separates the top half and the lower half of the front bumper and such. I thought it looked like the black was fading to silver without a distinct border in a couple spots but I could easily be mistaken.

The interest in the car was from my friend who was visiting from Portland although a silver GTS to match the red GTB sounds pretty good. My friend works for the Tonkin empire so he should be able to find a good car. He likes the "non-traditional" colors... especially that titanium blue metallic.

I appreciate the offer to check out the car but I'm up there all the time as well so I'll probably stop by personally for a closer look.

So when does Segale get your car?

8. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    ray should be in town in a couple of weeks..give or take a month...

i'm in no rush...my 308 runs very well, i would just like the cleanliness of the electronic ignition and there are 2 balancing/adjustment tubes on my webers that are cracked off and need to be sealed..

ray quoted me about $900-$1000 for all the work done and an oil change..

when you factor in the great conversation(if he's in a good mood)about our heli skiing trips and my sappy talk about dave not being around anymore, you just can't ask for a better way to spend the afternoon..

...wm