RED 355 Spyder... Raced a White 300zx | Page 4 | FerrariChat

RED 355 Spyder... Raced a White 300zx

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by WhiteOutZ, Jan 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LOL. Ok, I got it. You seem to have had the same silly idea I had a few days back. The Lambo engines in F1 are part of the dark ages in motorsports, true.

Did you watch the Japanese video of a bunch of top notch Porsches, a F50, a Murcie and a NSX competing against each other? If not, I recommend it highly (was mentioned in the F50 vs Murcie challenge thread).

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    You guys just keep trying to convince yourselves. Very funny.

Tifosi, you must not really be a true Ferrari fan, if you cant simply look at the f50 in the video, and instantly notice the differences, such as the wheels. 2ndly, if youd like, there is also another Best Motoring episode where an Nsx destroys a Ferrari 360 on a track. I watched the Best Motoring vid again about a week ago, and even noticed that the Porsche Gt2, had a front hood tied down by lock pins, and boost controller inside. Not stock either.

As for Formula 1, yes Lambo has no real experience. But in reality, if Ferrari didnt need to make road cars to continue in F1, theyd quit building them. Lambo does make World Champion Boat Motors, which is far more grueliing than F1. Personally, i could care less about either. Its how the cars we can ACTUALLY buy, look, feel and perform.

If you want to real track times, you need only look at the Nurburgring and Hockenheim times, where the Lambos easily outperform any production Ferrari. Recently, the Gallardo destroyed a 360 Stradale out fitted with race tires, while the Gallardo was on street tires on the Nurburgring.

So if i see you on the street, and we get into a little run, after i blow your doors off, if it makes you feel better, you can tell me how Ferrari wins F1.

As for my typing, sorry for the errors, but im used to having a secretary.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. O.K. I knew it had to be a joke. What a Dumeraisle! I'm thinking....Well.They didn't have Tractor Pulls in the early 60's. I never,Ever saw a Lambo. in ANY kind of Racing at all.(must have missed that June '93 season) This can't be real. It's got to be a joke. But,VBD is only one hour-(40-45 minutes less commercials.) Maybe they actually did have enough history to fill in 40 minutes.....

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Lambo may not have as much history as Ferrari, but every Lamborghini has succesfully taken the spotlight from Ferrari since its debut.

Heres a quote you 308 drivers can relate to:
    "If Magnum was chasing villains fleeing in a Jalpa, he may as well park the Ferrari" Not a chance.

Ferraris of the past may have value, but present day Fcars, will be worthless. Countachs are on their way up, TR's will be worth less than 308/328's, Diablos hold their value better than TR/550's, and due to lower volumes will continue to hold strong. The design is ahead of its time and ages well, while the TR looks old and antiquated, the 550 is unimpresive will not warrant expensive maintenence charges.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I do like Lambo's. But,they are a Totally different car,totally different TYPE of car,than a Ferrari. They can't be lumped together as just "Exotics". Or,"Italian Exotics",for that matter. Lambo's are TRULY an "Exotic" car. And,Ferrari's are an "Exotic Italian Sportscar". Can you call a Lambo a "Sportscar?" I don't see them being very nimble,and well handling. If you can even see out of them. Sure,Flat out Fast in a Straight line. (Like a Viper,'Vette,any old Hemi Mopar or Big Block Chevy)

Yes,I poked alittle fun. But,in reality. Just where are we able to see any real comparison? Not on the Race Track. Street Racing? Thimble brained nonsense. (See Wreckedexotics.com) I admit that Lambo's are More Exotic looking than Ferrari's have been of late. But,where are we seeing these "Race results"? "Numbers" in Road & Track? Car & Driver?

I watch Speed Channel almost daily. I have never seen ANY (recent,anyway) Races between Lambo's and Ferrari's. I have NEVER seen any Lambo's in any form of Racing,other than a Race a couple weeks ago.( There was a Diablo in some GT competition. I couldn't watch the whole race,so,I can't say what the results were. )

Lambo had plenty of time to come out with a 360 competitor-YEARS after the 360 came out. It's been Touted as the 360 competitor since it's inception. If it were the other way around,and the Gallardo came out first. Ferrari could have made it that much faster,or whatever. It's alot easier to build a competitor,AFTER you already know what your competition has,and is all about. Hell,it's been going on between Chevy and Ford for twice as long. Back and Forth. Back and Forth....

Can't compare the Diablo,or even the Murcielago,Lambo's finest. Against a 360. Or,even a 575. Need to compare between Ferrari's Finest. F40,F50,Enzo,if it's going to be fair. If you wanted to compare with a Chevy,you'd have to compare with a Corvette,even a Z06. Not a Monte S.S.,or Malibu S.S. Can't pick and choose the competition. It's got to be Lambo's Finest,VS. Ferrari's Finest,in order to be Fair. Right?

No matter what happens. No matter what Lambo's got,or what Ferrari's got. Makes no difference. Ferrari has 60+- years of Racing Heritage. Lambo has 0. (40 years of existence,but,0 years of Racing Heritage). You can't "Buy" that. It has to be Earned. Proven. Done. Can't just try to "Jump in" at anytime,then ask for the same Respect,Reverence,Renown,whatever.

Ferrari's DO have Soul. Regardless of what anyone says. Lambo's do not. Regardless of what car may be Faster,Prettier,Cooler,More Exotic. You just can't compare. Two different Animals.

This argument will never be over until somebody decides to put together some kind of race between Lambo's best,and Ferrari's best. Cars purchased through a dealer. Not through a Custom shop.(Norwood-Ferrari. Al Burtoni-Lambo.)

And,do you know what? Regardless of who wins,and who loses? Ferrari will STILL have 60+- YEARS of Racing Heritage,(and Soul). Lamborghini,will not. Hey,I didn't make that up. It's There already. Maybe after Lambo's Proven itself after years of Racing,will they ever garner any Respect in the Racing circuit. (Or,by Ferrari lovers,for that matter :) ) hey,just my humble opinion...

BTW... How long did that Ugly Jalpa,which was a very feeble attempt to TRY to copy a 308 ,even last? (once again,AFTER the 308 had already been around for awhile) 1 or 2 years? And,why is that? Again,It's alot easier to TRY to copy your competition,AFTER your competition has already put their product out. What about,before? O.K.,O.K. I'll give you the Scissors door thing.:)

Maybe,from now on,Ferrari should sit back and wait for Lambo to put Their product out first,so that They can build their Competitor Faster,or whatever....NAH!!!! Ferrari's never sat in the back seat for anyone. Always a leader. Not a follower. (and,don't forget the Racing Heritage and Soul thing! :) )

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Oh boy, round and round we go.

In todays age, racing heritage means nothing. The real reson that Ferrari has anything these days is because the 360 is the only car in its entire line up which is relatively exotic looking and priced where its still affordable.

As for releaseing a product after Ferrari, therefore knowing youre competition. Well lets take a look.
    Countach was released before the Ferrari Boxer, and not only managed to outshine that, but also Ferrari's replacement, the Testarossa.

Diablo, yet again, took out Ferraris Testarossa, the the 512TR, and then the 550/575.

As for the Jalpa being ugly, thats your opinion. Personally, i dont find it any uglier than a 308.

The performance and track specs i speak are not done by Road and Track or Car and Driver, but by professional drivers on Europes raceways.

Using your arguement, that racing heritage gives a car soul, we should all buy Hondas, since they definately have lots of racing heritage.

And i think i speak for all Lambo owners, when i say thank you for complimenting Lambo, by acknowleding that Ferrari couldnt continue to fight Lamborghini on equal ground with the Countach/Boxer/TR and later the Diablo/512/550 that you justify in your head that now the 575 is not in the same league, but Ferrari needs to use cars costing 2-3X the cost of the Lambo to compete. In this regard still, according to a recent AOL poll of sever hundred thousand people, the Murcielago was the worlds number 1 choice, while the Ferrari Enzo ranked 3rd, just behind the Dodge Viper! Great job Ferrari! Soon Michael Schumacker will leave Ferrari anyway. Then you can continue to fall back on the days of yesteryear.

As for Lambo racing, in the Australian racing series, for several years now, Paul Stokell has been racing a Diablo Sv and then GtR to several chamionships against both Ferrari and Porsche.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I won't go into the argument which car is better in what way as I like both Ferraris and Lambos and ultimately it is a question of preference. Racing heritage doesn't seem to mean much to you Allen. It is all that matters to me, so it is pointless to argue. The one point I give you is the design: Just back from the Chicago auto show and have to say the cars at the Lambo booth did look more exiting than those at the Ferrari booth. Ferrari needs to get away from its wind tunnel shaped designs and make an "entry level" Enzo. 575 vs Murcie is a given in the looks category.

As far as the Jalpa vs 308 quote goes. That might be technically true (don't know the Jalpa figures, which btw I do like), but it is a hopeless argument, when it comes to movies: Time and again have I seen car chases with completely mismatched pairs and yet they still can't get rid of each other. Obviously they're trying to make entertainment, not racing. Kinda like the good guys always hits with his gun. About the only somewhat realistic car chases I can think of were "The Hidden", "The Rock" and "Bad Boys 2", if you use the term 'realistic' loosely.

I'd be happy to see you on the street. Cause it would mean I'm in beautiful Hawaii and in a Ferrari. Whether I win or loose against a Lambo then is really irrelevant. I'll be happily following you along the coast line to Hana. No problem.

8. DVOgoalie25

DVOgoalie25 Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    Evanston
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I think you do speak for all Lambo owners when you say those types of moronic things

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    You mean when i speak FACTS.

10. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hello all,
    Yes, there is one race series in the world where Lambos race other cars it's in Australia.

After searching for info regarding the australian ProCar series, I found that Paul Stokell has competed sucessfully in that series. Although, it does not seem such a one sided affair as Allanlambo would indicate.

Stokell did win the chamionship in 2003 but came in second to the V8 Ferrari 360 of John Bowe in 2002.

In the information that follows, there are an interesting array of stats. After the 2002-2003 results are cumulative results for the years that the ProCar series has been run. Yes, Mr. Stokell does show well in the stats, but not as dominant as Allanambo doth profess. In an account of one race, Stokell whined that he was beaten to the first turn by a Holden Monaro.

2003 DRIVER STANDING:

NATIONS CUP

1 Paul STOKELL, Lamborghini Diablo GTR , 424 points, 9 wins
    2 John BOWE, Ferrari 360GT, 408 points, 7 wins
    3 Nathan PRETTY, Holden Monaro, 295 points, 2 wins
    4 Peter BROCK, Holden Monaro, 182 points
    5 Greg CRICK, Chrysler Viper, 148 points
    6 James KOUNDOURIS, Porsche 911 GT3, 118 points
    7 Sam NEWMAN, Lamborghini Diablo SVR, 114
    8 Anthony TRATT, Lamborghini Diablo GTR, 92

2003 RACE RESULTS

* Round 1, Mar 20, Adelaide - won by BOWE and STOKELL
    Race 1: 1 BOWE 2 STOKELL 3 PRETTY 4 RICHARDS 5 CRICK 6 SIMONSEN
    Race 2: 1 BOWE 2 STOKELL 3 PRETTY 4 CRICK 5 RICHARDS 6 SIMONSEN
    Race 3: 1 STOKELL 2 CRICK 3 RICHARDS 4 BOWE 5 SIMONSEN 6 RUSSELL
    * Round 2, Apr 25, Symmons Plains Tasmania - won by BOWE and STOKELL
    Race 1: 1 BOWE 2 PRETTY 3 BROCK (21 laps)
    Race 2: 1 BOWE 2 PRETTY 3 BROCK (21 laps)
    Race 3: 1 STOKELL 2 BOWE 3 PRETTY 4 CRICK 5 BROCK (42 laps)
    * Round 3, May 30, Wakefield Park - won by BOWE
    Race 1: 1 BOWE 2 STOKELL 3 PRETTY 4 TRATT 5 BROCK
    Race 2: 1 BOWE 2 STOKELL 3 PRETTY 4 BROCK 5 TRATT
    Race 3: 1 BOWE 2 STOKELL 3 PRETTY 4 TRATT 5 BROCK
    * Round 4, June 13, Queensland Raceway - won by STOKELL and PRETTY
    Race 1: 1 STOKELL 2 BOWE 3 PRETTY 4 BROCK 5 CRICK
    Race 2: 1 PRETTY 2 BROCK 3 BOWE 4 CRICK 5 TRATT
    Race 3: 1 STOKELL 2 BOWE 3 BROCK 4 PRETTY 5 CRICK
    * Round 5, July 11, Oran Park - won by STOKELL
    Race 1: 1 STOKELL 2 BOWE 3 CRICK 4 PRETTY 5 BROCK
    Race 2: 1 STOKELL 2 BOWE 3 TRATT 4 BROCK 5 PRETTY
    Race 3: 1 STOKELL 2 PRETTY 3 BOWE 4 BROCK 5 CRICK
    * Round 6, Aug 10, Phillip Island - won by STOKELL
    Race 1: 1 STOKELL 2 BOWE 3 PRETTY 4 SIMONSEN 5 WAGG
    Race 2: 1 PRETTY 2 BOWE 3 STOKELL 4 SIMONSEN 5 BLACKIE
    Race 3: 1 STOKELL 2 BOWE 3 BROCK 4 SIMONSEN 5 KOUNDOURIS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FINAL NATIONS CUP STANDING, 2002: after R8 of 8

* 1 JIM RICHARDS, PORSCHE GT3 SUPERCUP, 1271, 4 RACE WINS
    * 2 GEOFF MORGAN, CHRYSLER VIPER ACR, 1177, 5 WINS
    * 3 JOHN BOWE, FERRARI 360 GT, 1087 POINTS, 8 RACE WINS
    * 4 PAUL STOKELL, LAMBORGHINI DIABLO GTR 855
    * 5 KEVIN BELL, PORSCHE GT3 CUP, 825
    * 6 PETER FITZGERALD, PORSCHE GT3 CUP 760

2002 RESULTS

R1, ADELAIDE, MAR 17: WON BY STOKELL

* RACE 1: 1 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo
    2 John Bowe, Ferrari Michelotto; 3 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup
    * RACE 2: 1 John Bowe, Ferrari 360GT
    2 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo; 3 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR
    * RACE 3: 1 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo
    2 John Bowe, Ferrari Michelotto; 3 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR

R2, SIMMONS PLAINS, TASMANIA, APRIL 7: WON BY BOWE

* RACE 1: 1 John Bowe, Ferrari 360GT
    2 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR; 3 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup
    2 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup ; 3 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR

R3, ORAN PARK, NSW, MAY 6: WON BY BOWE

2 John Bowe, Ferrari Michelotto; 3 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper
    * RACE 2: 1 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR
    * RACE 3: 1 John Bowe, Ferrari 360GT
    2 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup, 3 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR

R4, WINTON, VIC, JUNE 23: WON BY STOKELL

2 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup, 3 John Bowe, Ferrari 360GT
    * RACE 2: 1 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo
    2 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup, 3 John Bowe, Ferrari 360GT
    * RACE 3: 1 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo

R5, QUEENSLAND RACEWAY, JULY 14: WON BY MORGAN

* RACE 1: 1 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup
    2 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR; 3 Tony Quinn, Porsche GT3 Cup
    * RACE 3: 1 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR
    2 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup, 3 Peter Fitzgerald, Porsche GT3 Cup

R6, WAKEFIELD PARK, AUG 11: WON BY BOWE

* RACE 1: 1 John Bowe, Ferrari 360GT

R7, PHILLIP ISLAND, SEP 22: WON BY MORGAN

* RACE 1: 1 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR
    2 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo; 3 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup; BOWE DNF
    * RACE 2: 1 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR
    2 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup; 3 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo; BOWE DNF
    * RACE 3: 1 Geoff Morgan, Chrysler Viper ACR
    2 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup; 3 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo

R8, SURFERS PARADISE, OCT 27: WON BY RICHARDS

* RACE 1: 1 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup
    2 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo; 3 John Bowe, Ferrari Michelotto
    * RACE 2: 1 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup
    2 John Bowe, Ferrari Michelotto; 3 Peter Fitzgerald, Porsche GT3 Cup
    * RACE 3: 1 Jim Richards, Porsche GT3 Cup
    2 Paul Stokell, Lamborghini Diablo; 3 Peter Fitzgerald, Porsche GT3 Cup; BOWE DNF

MOST WINS IN A SEASON
    16 PORSCHE 1996(16)
    13 PORSCHE 1999(16) LAMBORGHINI 2001(20) NC
    12 MITSUBISHI 2002(23)
    11 PORSCHE 1997(16) PORSCHE 2000(19) NC
    9 SUBARU 2002(23)
    8 PORSCHE 1998(16) TOYOTA 1989(8)
    FERRARI 2002(23) NC
    7 MAZDA 1988(8) MITSUBISHI 2000(15)
    6 FORD 1991(8) SUBARU 2001(15)
    LAMBORGHINI 2002(23) NC
    5 DODGE 1998(16) LAMBORGHINI 2000(19) NC
    HOLDEN 1992(8) NISSAN 1994(6)
    PORSCHE 1995(6) GT-P FERRARI 1997(16)
    FORD 2001(15) DODGE 2002(23) NC
    4 PORSCHE 1998(8) FORD 1990(8),
    FORD 1993(6) HOLDEN 1990(8)
    MAZDA 1995(6) MAZDA 2000(15)
    PORSCHE 1997(6) PORSCHE 2001(20) NC
    PORSCHE 2002(23) NC
    3 LOTUS 1994(6) GT-P FERRARI 1998(16)
    FERRARI 2000(19) NC HOLDEN 2000(15)
    HOLDEN 2001(15)

2nd. PLACES
    78 PORSCHE (26xNC)
    37 FERRARI (18xNC)
    27 HOLDEN
    26 SUBARU
    16 MISUBISHI
    14 FORD
    14 DODGE (12xNC)
    11 MAZDA
    10 NISSAN
    8 TOYOTA
    6 LAMBORGHINI (6xNC)
    3 LOTUS

3rd . PLACES
    91 PORSCHE(32xNC)
    29 HOLDEN
    21 FERRARI(14xNC)
    21 MITSUBISHI
    18 SUBARU
    15 DODGE(13xNC)
    14 FORD
    12 MAZDA
    10 NISSAN
    9 TOYOTA
    3 LAMBORGHINI (3xNC)
    2 LOTUS
    BMW
    1 SUZUKI
    VOLVO

TOP 3 FINISHES
    242 PORSCHE
    79 FERRARI
    77 HOLDEN
    59 SUBARU
    59 MITSUBISHI
    50 FORD
    43 DODGE
    42 MAZDA
    33 LAMBORGHINI
    27 NISSAN
    25 TOYOTA
    8 LOTUS
    2 VOLVO
    BMW
    SUZUKI
    P20

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Allan.I'm sorry man,but,you will NEVER win your argument about Lambo's on FERRARICHAT. Never! You can spew all the facts and figures that you want. But,this is FERRAICHAT,NOT Lambochat. The lambo can have a thousand horsepower and be the fastest car ever. But,on FERRAICHAT,that won't mean a thing! Go on Lambo chat,and I'll bet that everyone there will agree with every point you make.

The ONLY thing that a 575 and a Murcielago have in common is that they are both made in Italy,and both have a 12 cylinder engine. Any other comparison stops right there. The Lambo is an Exotic Car. The 575 is a Sport/Touring car,with 4 seats. Intended for different use than a Murcielago. Both,great cars in their own right. But,their own right are different purposes. The only car that will be able to be compared to a Murcielago,WOULD be a 12 cylinder,mid engined,2 seater from Ferrari. Since,you don't want to include the Enzo.

And,as far as the 360/Gallardo thing goes. Now that Ferrari has run the 360 for 6 model years,and the Gallardo just came out. Ferrari should be ready to make a replacemnet for the 360. It could be faster or better than a Gallardo. Maybe it wont. Won't know until it ever comes out.

And,hopefully,they will come out with a "replacement" for the Testarossa-A 12 cylinder,2 seat Exotic.Will That be better than a Lambo? Who knows. Ferrari fans say,Who cares!

O.K.,as far as Honda having a "Rich Racing Heritage". Ferrari has been aroundsince the 40's. Honda,since the 60's. Not much Heritage there,IMO.

Listen. I'm not going to bad mouth Lamborghinis. I like Lambo's. But,I see them as a TOTALLY different car than a Ferrari is. The only thing they have in common is that they are both "Italian Exotics". Ferrari,perhaps,more of a "Sportscar". Lambo. being more of an "Exotic" car. If I wanted to argue about Handling,I'd be talking Lotus.

To me,as far as the Rich Racing Heritage thing goes...I live in Chicago. Chicago sports fans are probably THE most Loyal fans in the World. And,before anyone starts up the Flamethrower,let me explain. The Cubs. The Cubs suck. Well,upuntil this last year. But,they haven't been in the World series,or won a title in a few GENERATIONS. Yet,Cubs fans love their Cubbies,and,faithfully sell out Wrigley field every single game.It's always..."Wait until next year..." The Cubs have a RICH Baseball Heritage. here come the FloridaMarlins. No one takes them seriously,well,not until they get into the World Series,they don't,anyway.But,Cubs Fans are STILL Loyal to the Cubs.

Same with the Bears. the Bears are THE oldest Team in the NFL. "Papa" Bear,Geaorge Halas started the NFL.The Bears have a VERY Rich history. Butkus,Ditka,Sayers,Payton. The '85 Bears-McMahon,The Fridge,Dent,Hampton,etc... A VERY Rich heritage. Who the Hell are the Carolina Panthers? Nobody. A New team. But,came out of nowhere,and in just a few years,made it to the Super Bowl. NOW they will garner some Respect.

Same with Lambo. After they win some races,claim some Titles. Will they then gain some Respect amongst Racing Fans,Ferrari Lovers,whatever. They will be looked at as also a Sportscar,as opposed to be just considered an Exotic car.

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Paul Stokell's car has also been ladden with many restrictions which is why he complains. You forgot to add the extent of those.

As for winning an arguement on Fchat about Lambos, i dont need to. I win that arguement daily when i go in my garage, walk past the 355 and get in my Lambo. I can honestly say, NEVER once have i gotten the urge to really drive the 355. Even when it was the new kid on the block, and ive been driving Diablos for close to 10 years. I do however look forward to the addition of a Porsche 996TT.

Since you mentioned Lotus, thats another car i love substantially more than the Ferrari.

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Then,why do you even go on Ferrari chat? Why don't you channel that energy for Good,instead of E-Vil,:) (as they used to say on the 1960's show,Get Smart) No,seriously. Take all of your Love and Knowledge about Lamborghini and try to make something out of Lamborghini Chat. Last I saw on the,there were only a few threads. It would probably really benefit if you did something with it.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    So what's the purpose of the 355 then? You just keep it, so you can tell the Ferrari folks how much you don't care for it? You're funny.

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    See. Now this is the right time to use that term that I promised you that I wouldn't use anymore...:)

16. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Allanlambo wrote,"Paul Stokell's car has also been ladden<sic> with many restrictions which is why he complains. You forgot to add the extent of those."

As in the British Touring Car Chamionship and the Speedvision race series, in the Aussie ProCar series every time a car wins it carries an added ballast weight into the next race, (it is also cumulative) to make the races more interesting. It is not just him. Remember he is racing against an EIGHT CYLINDER Ferrari, that in your estimations is not even in the same performance realm as the Lambo. The complaint I mentioned was about a HOLDEN MONARO out racing him to the first turn, not the added weight.

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The reason the Monaro out accelerated him, was due to the ballast. Anyway, he does very well.

As for why i have the 355, just so i can tell Ferrari owners what a crappy car it is. I need to wash it, its been months.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That is an interesting point:

If you had no 355 we Ferrari folks might simply not take you seriously in your argumentation because you don't have hands on experience.

Now that you have a 355 and admittedly only use it to bad mouth it, I think we still can't take you seriously because that is just too silly a reason.

No matter what you do, you loose. The fate of a Lambo owner...
    :)

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I thought the 355 was for shuttling to the Lambo dealer for parts!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually, I've always liked Lamborghinis, except for the Gallardo. I've always thought their design was very aggressive and sexy. Did you ever own a Miura?

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

No never had a Muira. Maybe one day but to many other cars i want.

My wife drives the Ferrari, great girls car.

21. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    So, I guess the whole retro look of the 612 Scag is just coincidental, and is no way indicative to the whole retro fad of the auto industry?

Oh, and racing heritage? Porsche has been racing since the late 40s, and has more victories in racing then all of the auto mfgtrs in the world.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ferrari always tried to push the technological envelope while including little design hints to connect to the past. The 612 is no different in that: The car's technology under the hood, in the chassis and its manufacturing process is top notch while stylistic elements were deliberatly used to point to the heritage. Not really a new strategy for Ferrari, point in case the 288 GTO, which uses the stylistic elements to hint at the 250 GTO.

BTW: I'm very happy that the auto industry is doing this retro thing. Although I think the original Cobra was a lot nicer than what Ford offers now, I take a retro look any day over the boring egg shapes we have seen too many of.

Porsche has a terrific racing heritage and if I were into Porsches, yup, I'd be proud of that lineage, no question. My dad was a Porsche guy, I"m not. One of the things that clearly distinguish Ferrari's racing heritage from Porsche's is its track record in F1. So in the end it boils down to what is more important to you. E.g. endurance racing or F1. IMHO F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports, hence that's my measure of all things. But people are different.

23. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    This thread is so far off topic it should just be closed.

24. JeffMN

JeffMN Rookie

Jan 18, 2004

That's not very nice. You should let her drive the Chrysler, er..Diablo, and spend a little time in your 355. I suspect it might help you sort through some inadequacy issues you're inadvertantly advertising in your posts.

Don't let life pass you by, my friend. :)

-Jeff