Ferrari Challenge Rally in a Rental Car | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge Rally in a Rental Car

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by MondialTCab, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    This story was just posted on the Ferrari USA site. Great writeup from our photographer about his trials and tribulations when trying to run with us while using a 6 cylinder Mustang Convertible. I can tell you that he (photographer) was cited and/or warned for hanging over the side of the car and sitting on the truck while flying along at speed. Crazy stuff to watch but his pictures were phenominal. We are waiting for our DVD and picture CDs of the event...will post when they come in.

From the organizer...

http://www.ferrariusa.com/Welcome.html

"On the lower right hand corner you will find the announcement of the Rally – if you click on that it will bring you to the full coverage of the Rally (click on every title of the days of the Rally up on the left) and you will be able to read the full report and see lots and lots of pics…. Have fun!"

- JMG

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Great story!
    great great story!

3. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    A couple of years ago when I ran my Viper in the Silverstate (150mph target speed) there was a young guy I was talking to on the grid from
    Norway or Denmark driving a Viper GTS in the same spped class. While talking I asked him whose car it was as it had Nevada plates. He said he RENTED in in Vegas for $450/day. He then removed seats drilled in some 5 point seat belt harnesses and he was ready to race. (Silverstate deems the Viper to have an integrated rollbar so no rollbar was required on this car)
    I don't think if I owned a rental agency the car would be for rent on RACE weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!