WERE CAN I GET SHIELDS FOR MY 360 | FerrariChat

WERE CAN I GET SHIELDS FOR MY 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by Buttuz4eva, Feb 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    i see that HG has them but it will take 2 months to get them because they dont have them in stock and i have seen other ones but they just dont look the same as the originals is there some place else that sells the shields for the 360 if so then please fill me in thanks.

2. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #2 titanium360, Feb 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I got mine from a Nick who is a board member for my first 360 and they were great. look in the ferrariadd section and i think Paul also sells them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Hmmm... wonder what ever happened to both guys sending me a single shield so i could do a review of each???

Guys?

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

4. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Make sure wherever you get it from that the shields are 360 specific. I understand the 360 has a different curve in the fender which will require a shield with that curve--not the same as the 355, 348, etc.

There's a lot of discussion on the SF shields on here and the old board...if you search the archives I'm sure you'll run into a lot of useful info.

sparetireless likes this.
  5. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    E-mail PaulieB. He sells the nice ones!

Mario

6. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #6 Buttuz4eva, Feb 17, 2004
    i saw paulie b shields and i thought they were nice but not as nice as say HG or the factory ones there has to be some place other than these 3 options. I am aware of the harsh curve thats on the 360 and HG have the 355 shields that are bent but no 360 some help please below are the ones that paulie b has next to the factory one.

7. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    I do have a pair for the Modenas They go for $349 a pair. Let's see if I'm able to post a photo... Whoops, after browsing my home laptop, looks like
    my badge photos are on my computer at work. Can you shoot me an email and I'll send you a few photos. Also, I refund your $$ if you are not 100% happy with them. Eli has had them on his car for quite a while now. Eli, has it been over a year now??? [email protected]
    PS: I dont think I have an add for them on FerrariAdds any more, I'll have to get busy here one of these evenings and put them on again!

8. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    Are those badges is the photo above, off of a 288GTO or an F40? The highlights on the horse are just a bit different than on a 360, 355 etc...

9. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Get them from your dealer. Get the originals. What's the point of owning the 360 and then try to save by getting a non-original part!

With the original, you can't go wrong with the fender curve, etc.

10. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    the original ones from the dealer will cost you around $900 last time i checked.

11. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Buttz, the picture that you posted above does not show the true color of the yellow of my shields. Although my picture is on the left side, the yellow is not clear enough to appreciate and is not a good representation of the color.
    I also guarantee that the buyer of my shields will like them otherwise I will refund their money with no questions. The price per pair, with postage, is $230. I also have shields for other model Ferrari's.
    Please note that I have been told by some people that shields are available by others but the color yellow is not correct. My yellow matches the nose badge colors on the car. Thats what you want to get.
    I have sold many pairs of shields for different model Ferrari's. from Singapore to England to the Netherlandas and the U.S..
    All satisfied customers. Good luck with your search.
    Plus......what do you have to loose? Buy a pair from me, at a cheaper price, and get a refund if you don't like them.

Mario...Lawwdog....thanks for the compliment.

12. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    PAUL the highlights and lines and head are nothing like the real ones for a 360. Futhermore why buy something if it is not what you want. As for the color yellow I posted the same photo you sent to my email so I am going by that. Great that the yellow is a match but the horse is not. I like nicks version alot i think they are true to the originals so if you could leave your contact # nick i would be more than happy to buy them from you. paul no hard feelings i am sure your shields are great for some people just not for me.

13. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I am sure Nick's are nice also. Its a free country. Enjoy them.

14. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    I have to agree. I have the same ones, with the wrong highlights and indeed the color is to bright compared to the real badges or the nose badge. "buttuz", if you look on the back does it also say "Jean Baccarat, St. Tropez", because I got mine from ebay for $80. Good enough for my 308 project, put certainly not for a 360. Also, if you want real badges for your 360 I think they will have to be recessed in the fender, it doesn't look good otherwise and you might as well get stickers or the resin flexible ones.

15. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Bert,

Fully agree, to do it right the fenders should be properly recessed. Fairly recently purchased (and had magnetic backing applied) to a pair of cheap plastic resins. Frankly, they look like sh*t, cheap junk, utter hogwash and would NEVER have them on my car on a permanent basis. For temp use to see if i like the shield look on the car they are perfect. If i decide the 308 here gets shields, then will have the fenders properly indented and shields installed.

As for Mr. 360... GET REAL GUY and use REAL parts. Anything less is an injustice and would make me wonder what other shortcuts have been made to the car.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

16. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    why get real guy ? when i dont even know if i want them permanent in the first place. Stickers no way but nicks are true to original so if i can put those on for a day or so and see whats up then make my mind up to have them in the fender or not have them at all and if i choose to not have them at all at least i have some cool shields to have for whatever hang them on the wall ect..
    If I do decide to get them put into the fender what are the details to have that done the right way and i am sure its big $$$$ wich does not matter but i would like to know what i am getting into before i decide to do that. Is there anyone out there willing to explain ?

17. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Buttuz,

First, an apology as i fully understand not being sure about the commitment both visually and financially and this precisely why i have the plastic/magnet ones for now. As for what is needed to properly install shields, the fenders would need to be indented inward to make the appropriate space for the shield. This way it is flush with the fender. The shield is attached to the fender via screws, not just taped on.

As seen below, here is what i'd call a hatchet job. Notice how the fender is not indented so the shield sticks outward and NOT flush. Furthermore, the shied does not have the same curve as the fender and you can see the lower section sticking outward. Not a pretty sight IMHO.

As for costs, not sure but official Ferrari shields are around $800 or so while getting the fenders indented and shields installed ??????? Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

18. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #18 Buttuz4eva, Feb 19, 2004
  19. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Buttuz,

Not debating the shields, choose what you like. As for myself, if i had a 360 i'd do it right all around, yet it is your car and feel free to do as you please of course. What i AM concerned with is how you may have them installed. Standard is with indented fenders. Again, your call, your choice. Opinions are like petrol stations, they are everywhere. We choose with our dollars the one we support. Of course in the end what REALLY matters is that YOU...

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: and yes Nick's shields look nice.

20. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    guys........let me chime in......I am sure Nick's shields are nice but like I said the other day, the yellow in this picture doesn't seem to match the yellow on the nose badge.
    do whatever makes you comfortable.
    although the highlights on my horse may be different, the colors are correct.

on the other hand..........

the other shields have the correct highlights on the horse, but the color yellow seems off.

IMO, the color is more important and more noticeable and will stand out more if on the car.
    Make a decison or go original/factory for about $1,000.

21. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    o.k. THIS IS THE DEAL I AM GETTING NICKS SHIELDS GOING TO SEE HOW THEY LOOK ON THE CAR AND IF I FALL IN LOVE WITH THE WAY THEY LOOK THEN I WILL GO AND BUY THE ORIGINALS FROM FERARRI AND HAVE THEM RECESSED IN THE FENDER NO QUESTION. END OF THREAD thanks to everyone for your knowledge and time i will post photos when o get them.

22. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    no comment..............

23. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    OK, I just gotta ask... Paulie, who drew your horse? Just curious.
    When are we both going to send in a badge to that one guy who wanted to compair them?

24. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    Kinda curious as to the size of the actual shields. Paulie, yours appear to be kinda super-sized in the width dept. I measured a pair of badges I had a while ago & measured; 100mm x 80mm which I'm pretty sure is the same size as the cars w/ the optptional fender badges. Do you have any measurments you'ld like to share? Just thought size may matter. :eek:)
    Normally I would say absolutely nothing bad about yours, but I don't think the pair I have look as bad as you're always depicting 'em.

25. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I am not home and cannot give you my source, I will do so next week. I bought a set of four magnetic shields from a fellow in CA. Two small which I put on my Tracker (stop laughing, please) and two standard size for other of my stable. They are very nice and are flexible. Having said that, I recommend that they be applied with 3M double sided tape. First apply the tape to the back of the shield and let sit for 24 hours. Then, apply to the car. These will stay there forever unless you remove them.

Now, the shields on the Modena are actually inset in the fender so factory shields will not work. However, these shields, applied as above, are not bad. My Mercedes dealer is not at all pleased with the shield on the trunk lid of my wife's E320. Cheers, Ken