Upgrading Maserati Coupe suspension ECU | FerrariChat

Upgrading Maserati Coupe suspension ECU

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by lung7707, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Has anyone upgraded the ECU on their coupe? I will be doing so next week. The agent is putting in a Spyder ECU into the Coupe. Its suppose to stiffen the ride. "Comfort" mode will feel like the current sports mode while "sports" mode will be a harder ride.

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have an 03 coupe, very interested in how this change turns out. Please keep us informed.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    doesnt make sense that a spiders suspension would be tuned stiffer/sportier than the coupe. its always the other way around due to lack of chassis stiffness without roof.

4. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I believe the spider has a shorter wheelbase than the coupe and it may be stiffer as a result (although I doubt it). Alternately, maybe the aggressive valving simply works better with the shorter wheelbase. Finally maybe the convertible buyers are looking for something that is further towards the sport end of the specturm than coupe buyers.

5. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    #5 lung7707, Feb 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It has been done!!!

Just changed the ECU yesterday. Man! What a difference. The suspension is now more progressive. It "reads" the road much better. In the past, "sports" mode was at times too harsh especially over sudden bumps. It a quieter ride now too. The car also squarts less when taking off.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login