Washing off the salt & grime. | FerrariChat

Washing off the salt & grime.

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by mauibum, Feb 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mauibum

mauibum Rookie

Sep 27, 2003
    Aldie, VA
    Full Name:
    Jim Morris
    If anyone was wondering it is possible to wash and dry your Ferrari (well at least a 308) in just under 15 minutes with temperatures hovering around 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Just required warm clothes, rubber gloves, many buckets of hot water, and the desire to freeze you’re a$$ off.

And yes, I was able to dry the car with only two very small spots that froze over.

2. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Damn, Jim...more power to ya!
    Still too cold for me...lookin' to warm up near the weekend I see.

3. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    i washed my bmw a few weeks ago when it was 18 degrees out according to the car's outside temp gauge. I FROZE...and i couldn't dry all of the car in time. Good times. I just had one of the guys at work wash it again...indoors. Of course only hand wash and chamois dry.

4. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Definitely a true enthusiast! I on the other hand took the Tahoe out yesterday at the mention of snow, and what did I get? a beautiful sunny day to miss driving around in. Oh well, I have her out today!

5. SeaBayR

SeaBayR Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    On the Chesapeake
    Most Pressure washer places heat the water, or it comes out at tap which is about a balmy 60 degrees. I drive a lot and even after the snow and slush is gone, once I'm outside of the Chesapeake watershed the salt dust is everywhere.

I wash that off often and get under as well.

You can rinse down the engine bay on low pressure, (BE Very careful)

6. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The car wash place in Clarksville does have heated water, but since the space is open in front and back of the car...the cold air still gets in. I usually wash it at home, but the outside water is turned off. I too didn't drive the bmw yesterday because of the threat of snow...drove the beater neon...but happily it didn't snow and no more salt is on the road.