Removing minor scratch | FerrariChat

Removing minor scratch

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Modena 360, Feb 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modena 360

Modena 360 Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Central Pa
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I just noticed a small scratch on the front corner of my car and would like to know what you would reccommend, if anything to remove it. You can't feel the scratch it is just cosmetic. In any event it is very depressing. My car is a red 2000 360 Modena. Thank you for any comment,
    Tom

2. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    If you are comfortable polishing the car, or at least the spot, Griots has some of the best poliches and clay bars I have ever used. http:\\www.griotsgarage.com
    Just call them up and their staff can answer just about any question.
    If that fails, their is also wet sanding, but I would start with clay and polish.

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    3M's Perfect III scratch remover is awesome. You can get it at a good auto body supply store.

4. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Well, since you cannot feel the scratch, you have a chance of getting it out or breaking down the surrounding paint enough to make it invisible to the human eye. Wash the car and then start working the area with the least aggressive polish you can find/have. Continually work your way to more agressive polishes if the scratch is not coming out. After breaking down the surrounding paint to hide the scratch, wax or put a sealant over the entire area to protect it. If you do need touch up paint, check out www.autovisuals.com . They offer some great paint pens that are much easier to use then your typical brush for touch up jobs. Hope this helps.

5. Modena 360

Modena 360 Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Central Pa
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks everyone for the information.
    Tom