Even the NYT Starts Connecting the Dots | FerrariChat

Even the NYT Starts Connecting the Dots

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Texas Forever, Feb 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Believe it or not, there is some real news out there besides whether Bush was AWOL while in the National Guard or whether Kerry had a gal friend. (BTW, if he did have a fling, this is just further proof that women don't care how men look.)

Let's see if you can connect these dots --

1. The US intercepts a ship in the Mediterranean ferrying nuke technology to Libya.

2. Libya cops a plea and says that it wants to come in out of the cold. It renouces nukes.

3. There are two near miss assissination attempts on Gen. Musharraf in Pakistan that had to be based on inside info as to his travel plans.

4. Gen Mushmouth then discovers that he has a mad scientist who has been pedaling nuke stuff all over the world. Somehow, despite being a military state, Mushmouth had no idea that this was going on. He is shocked, shocked!

5. The Mad Scientist confesses and throws himself at the mercy of Gen. Mushmouth. The General being nothing more than a kind-hearted grandfather, says, hey, no harm, no foul. He not only forgives Dr. Strangelove, but makes him into a hero.

6. Today, the NYT finally reports that a Malaysian businessman was actually a nuke whore for Dr. Strangelove. Where did the NYT get this hot tip? From a speech that President Bush made last week! According to the NYT, "He has not been arrested, but is under constant and close surveillance by Malaysian authorities, who say he declines to comment publicly. Nor did Mr. Kamaluddin respond to requests for interviews made at his home and his business."

Folks, it is a very dangerous world out there, particularly for Americans. We might not like to believe this, but there are millions of people who want to kill us and take what we have. Appeasement is never the answer. The only good cockroach is a dead one.

Dr "Foreign Correspondent" Tax

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    a fact that you thank g-d for every morning i presume? :) :) :) :)

doody ;)

3. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Oh man, I walked into that one didn't I?

Dr "Don't Look In The Mirror" Tax

4. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Per DrTax: "Appeasement is never the answer"

The good Dr is right; there comes a time when persons or nations under threat have to make a decision: survive or die. And sometimes the decision to survive will necessitate proactive action, no matter how untastefull it may be. Imagine being a Cop in a department that required you to be shot at first before you could use your weapon in self-defense, or a State law that said you could only defend yourself AFTER you were assualted, shot, stabbed, etc.

The only thing new in the world is the history you haven't learned yet.

When one thinks 'appeasement' think of one name: Neville Chamberlain

5. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Actually, I think of Bill Clinton. But, then again, being married to Hillary Rodham makes you understand why he'd say anything, and then just run away.

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Dr Tax, are you suggesting we actually defend ourselves? As they say here in the People's Republic of Boulder..."Can't we all just get along?"

7. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    That's a thought... I realize that it is early in the election cycle, but it would be nice if somebody cared enough to bring up issues that really count besides whether Bush was a party animal as a young man (he was) or whether Kerry found someone who would give him a mercy bonk (who cares if she did or didn't).

What I want to know is what Kerry plans on doing about the bad guys out there. Vietnam was a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Enough of this rear view mirror stuff, it's what going on out the front window that counts (mandatory car content).

Dr "It's Gonna Be a Long Year" Tax

8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Geeze, where's Art and Mararnelloman when you need them? Come on guys, I gave you a soft ball pitch, who can hit it out off the park?

Dr "Lonely" Tax