what would you do? | FerrariChat

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F40, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    #1 F40, Nov 13, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Not worth it - stay home (even though I'm 99.9% sure that this is some pathetic loser's idea of a "joke").

I hope they can identify the kid who did that so he can get the a$$-kicking he so richly deserves.

When I was in highschool in the early 80s, the biggest crisis was the occasional food fight in the lunch room. Sad how things have changed.

3. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Stay home. you have nothing to prove.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    In my day (the late 60s), the big thing was bomb scares. We seemed to have more in the Spring than the Winter for some reason...

That and we also had moratoriums against the war. As I recall, the 15th of every month, you weren't supposed to go to school or work. We used to gather in a park accross from my high school and have a sit in. The Vice Prinicpal would come out with a bull horn and order us to go back to school. To which, we'd start chanting, "Hell no. We want go!" We didn't have any idea what we were doing. Any excuse to get out of school was good enough for us.

No wonder our SAT scores plummented...

DrTax

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I'm with Joe in that this is, in all likelyhood, a practical joke. I would not, however, send my kid to school on that day.

Even then, I'm sure nothing will happen. School shootings have all been unprompted in the school (maybe something in a personal diary, but that's different). This is obviously placed to get attention, and maybe a day off frmo class.

--Dan

6. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I went... Nothing happened as I expected, but my parents didn't want me to go. Lastnight all the lockers were checked, and today they had the Mesa Police walking around with dogs.

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Interesting...glad to hear everyone is safe and that it was a big joke as opposed to something more serious.

--Dan

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I would think anything with a "warning" like this isn't real - the attacks by these students seem to be without notification, especially by the perpetrators themselves.

Good to hear the day was uneventful.