Milestone Moments | FerrariChat

Milestone Moments

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dogue, Feb 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I just noticed the latest hotwheels releases of "Hall of Fame" cars where they honor specific milestones in automotive history. It got me thinking what would be the top 5 list of Milestone moments in Ferrari racing history? Then I realized that it would be better to seperate F1, and SportsCar racing history. So I submit my Top 5 in both catagories.

Sports car racing Milestones:

1) Grand Prix of Roma 1947 (Ferrari's first victory)
    2) Mille Miglia 1957 (Ferrari wins the last MM)
    3) Le Mans 1965 (Ferrari wins LM for the last time)
    4) Daytona 1967 (1-2-3 Win for Ferrari to give them the Championship)
    5) Daytona 1998 (Momo team wins Daytona)

Formula one Milestones:

1) 1952 World Championship (first for Ferrari)
    2) 1961 World Championship (The first American Ferrari Champion/Death of Wolfgang Von Trips)
    3) 1977 World Championship (Nikki Lauda wins his second Championship for Ferrari one year after a wreck that almost took his life)
    4) 1988 Italian Grand Prix (Berger and Alboreto give Ferrari 1-2 victory in a dismal season for Ferrari only one week after the death of Enzo Ferrari at their home grand prix)
    5) 2000 World Championship (The first drivers title for Ferrari after a 21 year drought)