1995 F355 for sale (again) | FerrariChat

1995 F355 for sale (again)

Discussion in '348/355' started by cmparrenzo, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I guess I grew up in a different time...

I have had more issues with individuals not keeping their word this year than any time in my life.

An individual on Ferrarichat was looking for a F355, the cars he was looking at were not the nicest ones out there, but were priced like they were...

While my 1995 F355 had not been for sale, I felt like this individual would love my car. After describing the car, sending numerous emails and telephone calls. We agreed verbally and in emails that the car was sold.

The buyer wanted the stock rims installed, I had new tires put on the rear, I had the car serviced and detailed. I have spent over $900.00 making the changes the buyer wanted.

Yesterday he was going to send me a deposit.... guess what?

I get the buyers remorse email this morning. In talking with the general counsel of our firm, he agrees a contract exists, I will decide if we are going to persue it later today.

I can not understand how after a week of discussions and agreements you can just leave someone hanging. I could not live with myself if I did that, integrity is everything.

So........ 1995 F355 Berlinetta, Fly yellow, black. 19,100 miles. This car had the heads updated to 1999 specs to remove any question regarding valves guides, I had all new valves installed. Tubi headers were installed, (the factory headers have too many issues), Tubi test pipes, Tubi muffler. Stock exhaust system, including cats is included, stock rims, new centers, new rear tires, fronts 90%. New BBS rims, new Michelin Pilots, Keith Collins mats,30k service completed. No damage history. $75,000.00 This car is perfect.

2. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Wow. Wish this was a reply offering you serious money. Anyone have $75k I can borrow?! Sounds like a bargain to me with all those mods in. Good luck getting the car a new home. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate turn of events. I say go after the sucker. At the very least get your $900 back!

Cheers

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    man, what an annoyance. life is too short to be a bonehead. belly up to the bar, dude and write the check you agreed to. that is a VERY good deal for that car - a car you know was more than properly maintained by cmparr.

how about i wire you $50K for it and you can go after bonehead-boy for the other $25K plus legal fees and we'll call it a day? whatever delta you can't/don't retrieve from him, i'll cover after the fact. :)

nb: my wife would probably put a bullet in my head before i could consummate any such deal. so there's that messy bit of detail to contend with ;).

wish i was in the market :(

doody.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I wish I was shopping for a 355! I can't think of anyone I'd rather buy one from.

5. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    That's wrong. I can see backing out before having you spend money to change things to his liking, but afterwards? Definitely go after him for at least the $900...the rest...well, maybe he just couldn't afford it?

6. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    That sucks :( I wish I was in the market for a F355; that sounds like a very good deal. If I lived in a warmer climate area, I'd probably pick up your car. You should go after the guy for any incurred expenses.

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The buyer probably had trouble selling his Boxer and the 250 PF :)

Best of luck with the next sale. That's a great price, wish I was in a position to jump on it.

8. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    trying to recall my law school days but generally sounds like statute of frauds requirements were fulfilled so i'd say you're right. send a demand letter requesting the $900 back (detrimental reliance) at a minimum.

good luck selling - stuff like that is truly annoying...

9. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    sorry to hear - when will you be outing him/her :)

10. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I have elected to be a gentlemen for now and not say who he is.

I have sent him 2 emails, neither of which he has answered, nor has he returned my phone calls.

It is interesting, he is in an industry, like mine, that does everything by a telephone and you are obligated to honor your word. He should know better.

The real pain is that I committed the funds to something else, so now I am going to have to find a way to keep my word.

Anyway, I need to sell her, so if anyone is interested!

11. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I agree we live in different times. Sorry to hear about your predicament. I have experienced similar frustrations this last year - more than any other.

This sounds like a great deal - I hope it works out for you. I dont think you will have a hard time selling it.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Where were you a year or two ago? :D I told you I was interested if you ever sold it. :) I'm head deep in too many things with tires right now. Wife has threatened that we have a house before any more Ferraris.

13. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Any pictures?

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The entire collection and garage...

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The beautiful 355, I love yellow on Ferraris...

16. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Is that a 206 or a P4?

17. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Chris,
    I have a friend in the market for a F355 Berlinetta. I will check with him to see if he is interested. If only I had some disposable cash laying around... hehe... I'd pick it up!

Can you provide me your contact info?
    I may be reached via email at [email protected]

thanks,
    Byron

18. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I would send copies of the receipts of the work you had done in preparation for the sale via registered mail.

Would you take a Yellow 308 with a shiney engine in trade?

Your car sounds like the deal. Unfortunately my funds are tied up in the process of building a shop. Dang! It's the right color too!

DJ

19. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Sorry to hear this.

These are the very reasons you have to get a deposit.

A lot of buyers sincerely think they are ready to purchase a car,
    but when it comes time to part with $$$$$ they discover
    they are not.

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    BS!

Sorry to hear that - The garage is incredible!

If I was in the market, you would surely be my first choice.

Hope things work out for the best.

I too have never met so many dishonest people while trying to find my first Ferrari. Money does bad things to poeple.

21. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    OMG! what a bargain. If I could only find a buyer for my 348SS, I would take it in a hearbeat.

Beautiful car.

22. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I had a conversation with the ex-buyer, I think it is just that "oh my God what have I done feeling" you get everytime you buy a Ferrari.

This feeling goes away the minute you drive it of course, but he hasn't even driven it yet.

I told him to think about it a day, we will talk again tomorrow...

I just hate that I am being put in such a bad posistion. The sad part is he was so pumped up this weekend, his enthusiasm went a long way to cover my sellers remorse!

I am hoping after he thinks about not having this Ferrari he will snap back to reality!

I certainly think the car is probably nicer than most F355's available!

23. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Chris, you have mail.
    -Byron

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000