I had a pondering - RE: Women | FerrariChat

I had a pondering - RE: Women

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by RacerX_GTO, Feb 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I am comfortable owning a sports car, I really don't car what others think. It's my hobby. Washing the car today after the rains, I had a thought that was a combination of that cool airplane post and my car...

Why is it... a woman will verbaly attack a man for owning a Ferrari, dubbing him as one who needs an 'expensive' car to make up for penis size or some other related insult.... but at the same time, those same women, will swarm in lustful heat over a fighter pilot/ commercial pilot who, flys a speed machine that costs well over twelve million dollars, is physicaly larger than a Ferrari in every way and doesn't even belong to the pilot!

(just had a pondering, I understand there is no logic in their view :) )

Anyone have a related thought?

- Gabe

2. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I guess its because anyone cant just go out and become a figher pilot. Few have what it takes.

3. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    ^^
    True, but few have the means to go out and buy a Ferrari and run it properly. And a handful of people can truely DRIVE them... the way the designer intended.

Yeah, I hate the car comments about penis size etc. Thats what raised trucks are for, not fast little cars! ;)

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Anyone that thinks that is jealous

5. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    far far far fewer people can fly a fighter jet the way it was intended.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Simple really:

1. A fighter pilot is flying those jets as a job, it is not a toy that he rushed out and bought.

2. Also a fighter pilot is trying to keep the rest of us safe ... a big winner with the women.

Come on guys lets be honest and admit that many of us really do not need a Ferrari and the purchase had something to do with that middle age thingy :), heh I know that I want to buy a Ducati now ... and admit that it is a middle age thing.

Thus sorry no matter which way you slice the dice a fighter pilot is way higher than any road Ferrari driver ... in perceived ability anyway.

Now if you were a Ferrari F1 driver ... then it would be different.

Pete

7. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    If you're a fighter pilot, you dont need a sportscar! anyhting else will be boring by comparison. How many cars can corner at 8+g's and go almost 2,000mph?nothing would even be close.

8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada

Middle age at 24 (when I bought mine)? Damn, am I getting old really fast...

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Middle age? I was 34 when I bought my 355 and there are a lot youngers than me that own Ferraris.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Senna1994,

Maybe the younger ones DID have inferiority complexes then :D :D :D :D ...

Pete

11. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    LOL,
    Thats funny, the first time I drove an F40, 2 guys in a raised truck yelled out "small penis!"

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    woman + suv = penis envy [/thread]

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Who knows...Seems bassackwards to me considering that nearly every woman in the world would love to have huge diamond rings and other jewelry. But when a guy wants a Ferrari some of them cry foul!

What gives?!?

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Classically, women are drawn to hunter/gatherer/providers - Sugar Daddy who brings home the bacon, or perhaps in these times, the Turkey bacon.

Using your example/result:
    Fighter Pilot would be perceived as a selfless, yet confident risk-taking hero - a Swashbuckler who is steady and dependable - an Eagle.

Ferrari Driver would certainly be perceived as a potential Sugar Daddy, *but* the mistaken perception is that he is Bling Crosby - a crooner who has taken a shine to himself - a Peacock.

15. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    anybody with monies as their middle names can buy a ferrari and become a ferrari driver.

not everybody can become a fighter pilot even if they want to.

now if you're a fighter pilot and own a ferrari, say, an F40, then you've got it all !!

16. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ive never been attacked like that. Perhaps its just a myth ? Has any1 been harassed like that about their car ? I would think it tells a lot more about the attackers own problems with insecurity etc

17. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Reactions have been mixed with the older female generations. Generally great with ALL ages of men, yet females who DO NOT know me, well...

SUV/MiniVan/Soccer moms seem to hate me. Have seen on more than one occasion a guy staring and drueling at the car getting bumped/hit by his wife in the passenger seat. It is like married guys DARE NOT dream about enjoying such a fine automobile.

Younger (19 to 24) gals love the car. Gas stations are GREAT pick up joints so NEVER fill the tank all the way :) Besides, why carry around any extra gas weight than is necessary?

There have been the rare old gal thumbs up, yet those are VERY rare.

Guess driving around with the targa top off having a great time, grinning ear to ear, smoking a great cigar... For me it is about enhancing life's enjoyment.

Enjoy The Drive (and music. "That's Amore" right now with a few writer's embellishments),

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: i KNOW what i have down below and have no complaints. Women who talk otherwise obviously do not know me and may simply need to find a more satisfying life. No use wasting time with them, there are PLENTY of "fish in the sea."

"(In Maranello where love is king
    When boy meets car here's what they say)

When the car hits your eye like a big pizza pie
    That's amore
    When the Ferrari seems to shine like you've had too much wine
    That's amore
    The engine will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
    And you'll sing "Vita bella"
    Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
    Like a gay tarantella

When the car make you drool just like a pasta ***iole
    That's amore
    When you drive down the street with a Ferrari at your feet
    You're in love
    When you're driving in a dream but you know you're not
    Dreaming signore
    Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Maranello
    That's amore..."

18. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Fighter pilots are universally appealing. Risk takers, fit, defending the country, etc. What's not to like if you are a woman, I guess.

Having said that, I've never had a circumstance where a woman said, "If you were just a fighter pilot, you'd be perfect!"

I have had several circumstances where people have road raged me, flashed me the finger, and generally been obnoxious, I write it off to envy, then I hit the gas and get away from them.

As to spouses and expensive cars, here's what I've found:

It is a pretty simple solution to the problem of auto issues with your significant other. Just give her whatever great car she wants to drive too.

I'm also guessing that most of you guys don't let the woman in your life actually drive your F-car. After all, she scares the heck out of you when she drivers her car, right? She's only allowed to look good in the passenger seat of your F car. So, let her take the wheel, and don't make it so hard for her that she gives up 30 seconds later, after you've already yelled at her four times about her driving style.

Then, make sure to keep all spending on non-essential toys fairly even. e.g.

Tubi Exhaust=Movado Watch or other appropriate bauble.

Detal your car = detail her car.

The list goes on and on........Believe it or not, my wife WANTED ME to replace the interior in my Dino so that it would look nice, and because she wanted to get a NEW Sub Zero Refrigerator.

It's all about balance.

As to the rest of the world; passers by, monster truck drivers, etc. Who gives a crap what they think about you, your penis, or your cars, after all, they're yours, aren't they?

19. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    When ever a woman says "small penis" or somthing close, just say "it got you thinking about f*cking me, didn't it?" Then walk away saying "You can drop to your knees some other time, I have things to do".

20. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I live in a neighborhood of fighter pilots and they all either own a high performance car or a race bike. And they pilot them like they do their fighters: Fast and loose.

On the topic: It is a bad boy thing. They have a dangerous job, for the most part are jerks, and they have money.

As far as the female response to a Ferrari, they either love you or they hate you. It is about 50/50 from my experiences.

21. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Well, what happens if your significant other likes cars and wants yours? You get another one. Thankfully for me, I just give her my XJ and I get another XJ, but will make it an R. They look the same, right? Thank god they're inexpensive. I have to wait for a Ferrari once I have a house. Way more financially responsible that way, anyway.

As someone said in another thread, she grew too attached to the car. Thank god he doesn't have it (the girlfriend) anymore. :D I'm not so lucky.

Sunny

22. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

I just stand there in my tripod stance and laugh.....

23. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'd fit in perfectly if i made it ;). Some may be jersk, but its not fair to say that for the most part they are.

ps- i noticed from your profile that your interests include fencing. I have never fenced before. I'm kinda pissed at my dad for not forcing the sport on me though. He was a very accomplished ivy league and eventaully us olympic team fencer.

24. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ROTFLMAO...!!!

Women tell me i have a small penis and i don't even own a Ferrari... What gives...?

25. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Most of the time Miai cant even find mine without tweezers and a Microscope.