Pelican Hills | FerrariChat

Pelican Hills

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bart, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Someone phone me about an event at Pelican Hills Golf Course. Does anyone here know anything about it? I have not received the promise information.

2. Sugars_328

Sugars_328 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    I can find out some more information but give me some more details. Is it Ferrari related?

3. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    It is a fund raising event for diabetes at the Pelican Hills Golf Course. The cost is $60 per person. Lots of wine. I got my invite and I am going on March 7. Fun and tax dedectable.

4. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    ps: The event likes Ferraris. It gives my beast a special place to park. Nice.

5. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    So if you are showing your car it is an invite? Or is it an invite just to get in?
    It is on a Sunday (sundays are my only day off)
    SO I'd like to take the Gallardo there if it is possible to do so?
    TIA

6. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Anyone can go. If youdrive a Ferrari, you get to park in a special area. I will check it out and try and get you an invite. Remmeber this is a fund raiser for diabetes.

7. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Thanks.I would appreciate that. Another chance to monopolize
    another of my wifes Sundays. Will they allow a Gallardo.?.I know not with the Ferraris. Thanks again BART! I contribute to worthwhile charities
    so that won't be an issue with me.

8. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Hey, if it is from Italy, it must be fast.

9. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Banana Boat,
    E-mail me your address so an invite can be sent. We need another Lambo. Only one is lined up so far.

[email protected]

10. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    If I can arrange another driver can the 550 come also Bart?
    Wayne

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Let me know if you have trouble finding another driver. :)

12. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Hey, anything from Italy can come free. Me, I am going to pay because I have a brother-in-law with diabetes.

We get to park our car where all may see our lovely things. My wife loves wine and there are 25 - 30 good wineries coming. I have never been to Pelican Hills. After leaving Crystal Cove, I have driven past it. Please come. The diabetes people might get some of your money or maybe not. Who cares? It will be a fun event.

Anyone who e-mails me will get an invitation.

Italian cars come free.

[email protected] because of spam put Ferrari in your subject line.

Never drive less than 12 cylinders

13. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    The event is a great thing. My business partner is the coordinator of the event. The car display spots are limited. At this time we have over 45 cars assigned and mostly Ferraris. Please contact John Stefani at [email protected] . As this is a charity event anyone making a donation is come and it is a wonderful day. Food catered by Four Seasons, 15 vineyards with wine tasting, and a premier auction of wines and vinyard trips. This event is the premier diabeties fund raiser in the area. We are looking for an F50 and an Enzo. Please contact John Stefani if you have any questions. Thanks

14. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    The Pelican Hill Event Sunday March 7th has:
    45 Ferraris so far
    27 top california vintners pouring select wines
    catering by Four Seasons
    34 Live auction items of rare wine, trips, memorbelia etc.
    60 silent auction items, wine, golf, trips,puppy,et.
    great day great wine great fun

15. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yea, sounds real nice. Too bad no one is responding to e-mails regarding it. (i.e. Bart or John Stefani)

16. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Similar problems srfcity these guys must have a life?

17. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just received word from John and an invite. It's a great cause - attendees are mostly corporations and University of Alberta (Canada) doing the islet cell research and UC Irvine. My brother has diabetes and is on an insulin pump.

Sunday March 7th from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Pelican Hills Country Club. I definitely recommend attending. If you need contact info let me know.

Who plans on attending? Head count?

18. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

OK, got a response from John Stefani. He's sending an invitation. I plan to attend and make a donation but have a slight conflict that I hope to work around.

19. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    I am interested in possibly attending but need more info. Can you please e-mail me the particulars, cost, and arrangements that need to be made to reserve a spot.
    [email protected]
    Thank you

20. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I forgot to mention the event is called Taste for the Cure.

Rob - My girlfriend cannot attend so if you want to meet at the Four Seasons let me know.

Steve - will check on the price of the used Enzo you are looking to purchase. Glad you can make it March 7th.

SrfCity - Saw that you were looking for a Stradale at one point. A couple of us Ferrari guys in Irvine, NPB and Huntington plan to meet before the event to discuss Stradale sales. You are welcome to join us if you are going to make it.

Randy - let me know if you can head down for a couple of hours. I have some questions regarding parts.

21. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

FerrariNascar,

"SrfCity - Saw that you were looking for a Stradale at one point. A couple of us Ferrari guys in Irvine, NPB and Huntington plan to meet before the event to discuss Stradale sales. You are welcome to join us if you are going to make it."

What do you mean by this, "discuss Stradale sales?"

22. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm a buyer and do business in Europe and I know people who buy these guys then want to unload them. I will be in Geneva seeing the new rosso scuderia color used for the Formula 1 cars.
    Ferrari is going to present at the Geneva Motor Show in March the 'Stradale Challenge', a road car based on their International Ferrari Challenge and FIA GT racing versions, in which the 360 Challenge and 360GT have raced. Their plan is to head off competition from the Lamborghini Gallardo which will debut at the same show and is expected to put air between itself and the 360 Modena. The upgraded 360 Modena's 3.6-litre V8 develops over 400 bhp in the Challenge Stradale.

If interested in meeting let me know.

23. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

FerrariNascar,

OK, keep me posted. I'm not much for grey market stuff(if that's what you're talking about) but would be interested in finding out the latest "buzz."

24. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The Pelican Hill Event Sunday March 7th Taste for the Cure, 1-5pm
    Fundraising event for diabetes.
    27 top california vintners
    Catering by Four Seasons
    $60/person
    Very good cause.

25. enzorio2001

enzorio2001 Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    Long Beach/Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve C
    I would be interested in attending and I am new to the area. I will e-mail yu as well. Can we bring a guest as well?