Tubi anyone?? | FerrariChat

Tubi anyone??

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by ciao baby, Feb 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    anyone out there got a tubi on one of the new maseratis?
    wondering about sound,performance etc.
    thanks
    MK

2. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i've only heard one being started, at idle and at low speeds but it sounded INCREDIBLE. i was at the dealer and they had just finished putting one on a customer's mas. when they fired it up, it sounded just as good as a modern day fcar w/ tubi. nice clean rumble, loud but not obnoxious by any means. sound isn't too terribly different from a 360 w/ tubi, imo. if i ever got a mas, i would definitely put one on.

3. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I have heard a lot of Maserati's with Tubi's...
    They are great, sounds cool.

The only thing you have to worry about is that you will have to position it correctly so you don't burn your bumper.

Good Luck!!

4. maseraticoupe

maseraticoupe Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Texarkana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Crisp
    I have a 04 coupe w/tubi and enjoy the sound while driving around town will be taking my first road trip in it this Friday and will find out if it gets annoying after 3 hours. Just now realized how little I have used the radio and I make my living selling sound equiment.

5. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    I just placed an order for one. It should arrive within 3 weeks. Will let u know how it sounds. Supposedly there are two versions...loud and soft. I have opted for the softer version.

6. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have an 03 coupe, I decided to go with straight pipes, they are made by GHL in Arizonia. They sound great costs much less than a tubi, and my dealer is now selling them because they thought they sounded great. Just thought I'd throw in another option.

7. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

What do you mean straight pipes???
    usually when people say this, it means they have removed the CAT.

Is this system you have from the headers all the way back to the rear??

8. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    yeah, I would bet the straight pipes actually removes the mufflers, not a bad idea but thats what I do for the viper not the maser, I think of the maser as a 360 lite, and tubi sounds like a really good upgrade, the engine sounds increadable at full song but is a little to muted when driving around town, If the Maser with tubi sounds anything like the 360 with tubi I heard then...
    DAMN

9. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I am going to dealership Tomorrow to hear A tubi system in person. My car will arrive at dealership in March and need to decide now if I want them put the tubi on before I pick up car. If any one has any questions they would like me to ask while I am there. let me know

10. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    According to two of my friends who are Maserati Coupe Tubi-ed owners. They said that they have noticed that the changing of gears is smoother after the switch.

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    When I had my system put in there was a another coupe in for service with a Tubi on it. In eveyones opinion the GHL sounded better than the Tubi, of course it is just a matter of opinion, and the GHL is less than half the price.

12. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I am willing to pay more for the Tubi cause the dealership I am buying my car at is a Tubi dealer and will be put on by a Ferrari/Maserati mechanic. Had a local shop put on an aftermarket exhaust on my M3 and the thing was never right. Cannot understand why gear changes would be different with tubi exhaust, I think it must a psychological thing

13. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Not really when the service manager at the Ferrari dealer handed me back my keys he said I can feel the difference in the car. I noticed a slight change seems to have more low end grunt.

14. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    I will let u guys know if there is an actual difference when I put mine in.

15. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    The GHL sounds like it might be a good alternative. Can you post a few pictures of the installed pipes?

Brad