Hummers, escalades, ect | FerrariChat

Hummers, escalades, ect

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Teenferrarifan, Feb 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What SUV do you like best?

1. chayenne

2. H2

3. H1

4. ML

5. G-wagon

6. Escalade

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    No this is not the layout for a new rap video, but what are your favorite SUV's and why?
    Erik

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I don't care for any suv's.

3. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    If other please list!!!!
    Erik

4. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    G55 AMG, as looks and exclusivity are important to me.

But personally I dont like SUVs. Give me a 540 station wagon anytime.

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i HATE suvs...

6. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Yeah where was the option for none??

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Where I live every winter we usually see whatever is the latest and trendiest suv every winter. This year however I am noticing more and more MB station wagons. I noticed a lot of touregs and cayennes at the beginning of the season but the MB seems to be taking over.

8. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    I really like my dad's GX470. It doesn't have the best handling (a bit too much body roll), but it's extremely comfortable on long trips. BUT....

GX470s, MLs, X5s, RX330s, Cayennes, Hummers, etc. are all too common. If I was going to buy an SUV, it'd be the G55.

Of course, a friend of ours bought a G, hated it, and quickly traded it for an S500. Something about automatic braking when going downhill that you can't turn off?

9. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    MY 2004 Expedition. Not too crazy really about SUV's, but if your going to buy one get a real one. I also have a Volvo wagon which will hold more than some SUV's. Most any car will outhandle any SUV. So can't see buying one,unless you really need all the features like mine will provide and utilize it.
    Seats up to 6 adults in comfort, 7 in a pinch. 4 wheel drive. Towing capacity and can haul 4x8 sheets of plywood inside easily. Big rebates too.

10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Range rover?! COME ON! I love my 03.

That said if there wasn't snow up here, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would have bought this truck.

11. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    I dislike all suv's. They've only been around for 13 years though (Ford's '91 Explorer was probably the first true suv) so they still have a long road ahead of them. Im glad they replaced those ugly station wagons and bulky vans though.

12. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    I really would want a truck for towing the car trailer than an SUV. Maybe an F350 Diesel.

13. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    From GM webpage:
    "GM has a long history in the sport utility vehicle business. We were the first to market this entirely new form of transportation with the introduction in 1935 of the Chevrolet Suburban, a light vehicle built on a truck chassis that was designed to transport 10 or fewer people."

No, 1935 wasn't really an SUV, but I had a 1984 Blazer and a 1984 4Runner, that I would consider as SUVs. The 1984 4Runner advertising called it the "first truck of it's kind", which was the benchmark for Explorers, small Blazers, Dakotas, etc. And the 1935 - 2004 Suberbans were and are the layout idea for the current batch of Tahoes, Yukons, Expeditions, Escalades, etc.

I love mine, but don't care for the newer "street only" SUVs. As I always said in Alaska, never saw a Denali in Denali Park, never saw an Avalanche in an avalanche, and never saw a Yukon in the Yukon (other than mine).

14. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Out of those listed, I had to choose the G-Wagen. I like the SWB Cabriolet. While the new powertop ones are cool, I will most likely end up with an older one.

H1 is second runner up

Those not list:

Anything Land Rover (excluding Disco, RR, Freelander, but including Range Stormer)

old SWB Land Cruiser FJs

Exclusivity is not important.

I want something that I can take off road, bang it up and not really care.

15. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    1. Lambo LM002

2. MBZ G55

16. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    EXACTLY! Nissan went back to the roots with the stripped down XTerra, but that only lasted 3 years. Now they all have leather, running boards, CD players, and even 2WD.

It's what is selling.

17. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    SUVs are terrible, and I hate them.

1. They block my view of the road when they're in front of me, and that's maddening.

2. They give their drivers a false sense of security, which makes those drivers (generally) more reckless and LESS secure. "Oh, I got my kid a Expedition because I want him to be safe on the road" or "I want a big safe car for my family." BS.

3. And, of course, worst of all are the idiot SUV drivers who buy Hummers and suddenly think that they're very manly off-roaders / adventurers / whatever. And then they whine like babies when it gets a scratch from a fender bender on Broadway.

18. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    Quote "No, 1935 wasn't really an SUV, but I had a 1984 Blazer and a 1984 4Runner, that I would consider as SUVs. The 1984 4Runner advertising called it the "first truck of it's kind", which was the benchmark for Explorers, small Blazers, Dakotas, etc. And the 1935 - 2004 Suberbans were and are the layout idea for the current batch of Tahoes, Yukons, Expeditions, Escalades, etc."

Yeah, I should have said arguably the first suv. Im sure every one of the big 3 has a model that they will call "the first suv." I think the explorer was really the first one that you could take off-roading on Friday, tailgating Saturday and drive the family to church on Sunday and not get any strange looks at any of the three places. It was arguable the first all purpose suv.

19. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    DEFENDER 90!!

20. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    ^
    Indeed, a site devoted to Italian automobiles... and no Lambo in the SUV mix! ;) I'd take a dark blue LM002 with a cream tan interior... that is if you could catch me dead in an SUV.

21. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    I do not like SUV's but if I needed to do some serious offroading I'd have a Range Rover or H1

22. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

Another vote for the D-90 here. I loved the one I had. One of the very few vehicles I have ever regretted selling.

23. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Always towed with pickups until we got(for the dog!) an '02 Yukon XL. Now I don't know how we got along without it.

24. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    1. Cayenne Turbo (and not the spelling of Cayenne, TeenFerrariFan): great car, great looks, and the fastest SUV!

2. MB G-class: Nice classic design.

25. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    thanks I just posted the topic quick and then went back to finishing up some school work. I was a little to upset with the "apprentice" to focus on spelling thanks :)
    Erik