1985 308qv ignition system | FerrariChat

1985 308qv ignition system

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Michelle_rave, Feb 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michelle_rave

Michelle_rave Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Hi hope you can help.. The Magnet Marelli digiplex has a stamp on it med 805A
    is this a quatro valve system? one box has 375 805 stamped on it the other has 0105 805. Should they both have the same numbers on them!!! i had leads changed after... a major service (changed timing belts, bearings) to improve performance (bit sluggish) i was advised that the leads had to be changed, and now one of my ignition systems has to be replaced... it was okay when i drove the car back there to replace leads? just like to take good care of my car cause im a perfectionist.. any help would be great thanks...i have all the service history of my car!

2. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Not sure, but I think "375" and "0105" could be the manufacturers date codes.

MW

3. Michelle_rave

Michelle_rave Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Hi Malcolm, thank you....Should they both be the same numbers if they are orginal...
    Do you know how i can find out what electronic ignition modules were placed in my car from factory?
    What does med 805A stand for on the ignition box ...
    R there different electronic ignition modules for 308GTSi qv with a higher output?

4. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    I wouldn't expect the numbers to be the same, as the date code was put on by the manufacturer and then sold on to Ferrari - the same principle as date marking tyres.

There is no way of knowing whether they are the original digiplexes fitted by the factory.

I think "med 805A" is the modle / type code given by the manufacturer.

I'm not aware of any optional digiplex that will give you a higher output.

MW

5. Michelle_rave

Michelle_rave Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Thanks for your quick reply,
    I looked at my owners manual and the numbers for 308qv say it should be MED 803 A. The mechanic who is now working on my car, as i towed it to another mechanic said he believed they come from a mondial and that they were not my ignition boxes? Thats why i am so concerned? My boxes have never been worked on and these boxes have....
    Is there any technicians that know in italy maybe that i might be able to contact?
    thanks again

6. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    MED 805A is correct for my 85' 308 QV USA Spec.

7. Michelle_rave

Michelle_rave Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Thanks do you know where i can purchase a new one...