Euro 355 30k? | FerrariChat

Euro 355 30k?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by F129b, Feb 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have a 1998 GTS 6sp. which I imported in 2000. The car has 13,800 miles. I recognize that Ferrari recommends the "major" engine out service at 15k.
    The car drives nice and tight, zero leaks, zero clutch slippage. I always drive it once per week and I run Mobil 1 that has been changed every 3kmi or 1x year. I don't redline it more than once in a blue moon, the tach does see 7,000 just about every time I drive it (but only once or twice).
    My questions...
    1.) Should I go ahead and pop for the 30k service now? If not now, when?
    2.)Should I do the 15k service instead?
    3.) What else should I consider having done at the 30k?
    (besides clutch which I am NOT inclined to do since mine feels great) Does anyone have a checklist?

2. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    The major is 30,000 or 5 years witch ever comes first ,the cam belts are the most important thing in this service and your car is 3 years over due!!! GET IT DONE ASAP.!!!
    DAVID

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Yes, change the belts.

Then at least once a month run the living snot out of the car until the enigne oil gets into the 240 dF range just to eliminate the water vapor, and keep the oil temp in this range for 30 minutes. This will require a long strech of road and multiple trips to redline. RedLine in these cars is more like what used to be the yellow line in days gone by. Max power is only 200 RPMs away from red line, and if you are not getting up there, you are not using the engine as it was designed and built.

4. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Okay, interesting regimen you recommend Mitch. How do you feel about adding K&N filters, Tubi test? (or is the term bypass?) pipes (or other).
    I already have a TUBI exhaust on it
    How about those higher flow cats that I see advertised in Forza?

Mondial, how do you figure that I'm 3 years overdue? It's a '98.

5. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    I looked too quick I thought it was a 96 ,but major is still dew!!