Is it a prequisite...? | FerrariChat

Is it a prequisite...?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by branko, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    for all women in SUV's to always have a telephone glued to their ear, with little attention payed to their driving?

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    short answer is ... HELL YES !!

3. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Yes, that and not knowing how to use the push button four wheel drive.

It "snowed" here and all the soccer moms in my neighborhood freaked. They were afraid of driving in the "snow". I say "snow" because this is MS, it was an inch or two.

4. Ms. Enzo

Ms. Enzo Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Karen

Hey.....I catch many MEN on the phone not paying a bit of attention to the road too!! It's not just women.

5. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Branko...Where have you been? Did you not know that when a woman buys an SUV, they have to sign an oath that they will be on their cell phone 95% of the time? This is a standard form at the dealer that the guys never see.

6. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    AND never EVER use a hands free

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You tell 'em, Ms. Enzo. Welcome to fchat!

Do you know Brigitte?

Speedy308 for President

8. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    WHAT ABOUT THE STARBUCKS LATTE IN THE OTHER HAND????

9. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    ...and i'm guessing they can't steer with their knees like the rest of "us" :)

10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Oh, now wait a minute!

Ms. Speedy308 (no relation) ALWAYS uses the hands free as she zips thru town in her new Super Beetle Turbo S 6 speed with the bling bling 17" Michelin Pilots.

No latte either, she's got a cooler of CORONA!

That's MY gal!

11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I saw a woman on Tuesday smoking a cigarette, talking on her cell phone, reading a book and driving in the rain in rush hour traffic!

Where is Darwin when you need him..............

12. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    No, that is what the little puppy dog is for. Or some think that GPS is an autopilot.

13. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    From one of my articles

You may recognize some or multiples of the following you around and if you don’t than others may just be pointing at you using some of these names.

The Fireman: Drives like his Car/Truck/SUV is on fire and the only way to put out the impending inferno is to drive faster.

The Sweeper: Big sweeping no signal turns from right lane to left turn or fast lane to off ramp. Many people tell me that turn signals are optional on new vehicles sold in Texas because no on here knows what that little arm on the side of the steering wheel is for.

The Ramp Runner: Accelerates past the traffic flow down off ramps and dives into the service road with an “I have the Right of way!” lunge regardless of anything else on the road.

The Artful Dodger: lurches back and forth between lanes with a little automotive attention deficit disorder trying to get further down the line like Jeff Gordon trying to pick off back markers at Texas Motor Speedway.

The Cruise Missile: Sets the Cruise at 85 MPH and will maintain that regardless of surrounding traffic flow, weather, road, or traffic conditions.

The Patriot Missile: Festooned with all matter of patriotic emblems and flags fluttering from rear windows front fenders or plastered across the back window has Cruise Control set at 80 MPH.

Tailgate Charlie: Pointing out drivers who follow too close around here is kind of like pointing out individual grains of sand on the beach, it would simply take too long. This Tailgater is the Aerodynamic Genius who drives with his rear pickup truck gate open because he thinks it cuts down on drag and gives better fuel economy.

The Mary Kay Commando: Make-up application combined with front Air Bags just has to be a recipe for disaster but this does not stop dozens of women from applying mascara as they negotiate the Dallas Tollway every morning.

Tahoe’s Paradox: With the popularity of Luxury SUV’s I have noticed an interesting thing, The bigger the Truck the smaller the woman behind the wheel. Every time I see a Suburban or an Excursion it almost always is 5 footer at the wheel.

Studious Steering: I am really at a loss on this one but I have seen too many people reading newspapers magazines or even hard cover novels. On Greenville Avenue there was a woman driving a dilapidated Honda Accord with a biography of Al Gore resting on the steering wheel. Choice of reading material aside, that will put almost anyone to sleep. Not to poke fun at any one gender but the next morning on the Dallas Tollway there was a man doing the crossword puzzle on the steering wheel of his BMW in stop and go traffic.

Wireless Wonder: Cell phones are wonderful devices except when they are pulling attention away from the reason you are in the car to start with which is, oddly enough, DRIVING. As a man with more than a little French blood I am given to talking with my hands, even on the phone, but some of the things seen on the roads are truly frightening. Like the person who seemed to miss the memo on hands free phone usage and holds the microphone bud in front of their mouth or the multitasking marvel with the big Starbucks balanced with the phone tucked between ear and shoulder while lighting a cigarette and driving a five speed. It makes me shudder.

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Studies PROVED, when comparing accidents resulting from people talking on their cell phones, that hands-free devices did not lower the number of accidents resulting from people talking on their cell phones that much...

Ms. Enzo, nice to see you here, defending the fairer sex from the pen of chauvanists this board has amassed...

15. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    She drives a Ferrari so we are not talking about her.

16. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Carbon, that is because they can find evidence of the inprint of the SAMSUNG crest in their forhead after the airbag goes off

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ......and she has a really CUTE puppy! woof woof!!

18. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, so you're a selective sexist, then...? :D

Jim, exactly.

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Actually, I've begun to believe that their cell phones actually double as the starters for their cars. Press "Send", VROOOM!

20. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I can drive my car while doing other tasks. I have cruise.

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    What a hilarious Thread. Yes it is very annoying when you see that, but I think all of us have been guilty of Yapping in the Cell Phone while driving.

Bruce, just don't brake test them when they have the Latte in their hand and talking on the Cell Phone.

I think Ms. Enzo has a Maltese..

22. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    yes

23. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Of course. Many people drive SUVs because they think large vehicles are safe, so they don't have to pay attention. They haven't checked the crash tests.

But many women subscribe to the belief that "Bigger is Better".

More sophisticated women understand that it's not the size, it's how you use it. ;)

(Ducking back under my rock, now.)

24. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    nice to see things are the same over the other side of the Atlantic, what about the need to use a cellphone whilst participating in that new contact sport "parking the car" great game the idea being that if you can dent and scratch up a strangers car, do your shopping and run away before they return you win!

25. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    LMAO...!!!!